• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If poltergeists are not physical.How do they grab things?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think a common way is to draw energy from the environment leaving cold spots in the air, draining batteries or electrical current to semi-materialize etheric cords that can exist for very brief periods and then dissipate. The etheric cords can be used to do the spirits bidding.

The etheric plane is the closest plane to the observable physical plane.

Normally etheric cords connect us with others. Here's a little more information I found.

Every one of us is born with etheric cords. So, what exactly are they? Colloquially known as energy cords or ribbons, these nuggets of packed energy connect you to auras, chakras and other spiritual elements. They are extensions of your physical body, capable of aligning you with your friends, lovers and sometimes, even animals.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Where is the evidence that they move things?.
Millions of claims and observations and certainly in recent times video capture of movement of objects without observable physical cause from allegedly 'active' location.

This is evidence if not proof to a skeptic but enough to make me a believer beyond reasonable doubt.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Millions of claims and observations and certainly in recent times video capture of movement of objects without observable physical cause from allegedly 'active' location.

This is evidence if not proof to a skeptic but enough to make me a believer beyond reasonable doubt.

A claim doesn’t make it true.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Although enough quantity, quality and consistency of claims can make me think something is likely beyond reasonable doubt. I believe poltergeist activity does occur beyond reasonable doubt and next I am interested in the OP question of 'how' it occurs.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Although enough quantity, quality and consistency of claims can make me think something is likely beyond reasonable doubt. I believe poltergeist activity does occur beyond reasonable doubt and next I am interested in the OP question of 'how' it occurs.
Problem is the object in question almost always has a portion obscured, or if in the open only goes in straight lines or sharp angles and never deviates from the laws of physics. The cam is always in the perfect place. There's cgi as well and with today's technology, just about anything goes in the skeptical bin.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Problem is the object in question always has a portion obscured or if in the open only goes in straight lines or sharp angles and never deviates from the laws of physics. There's cgi as well and with today's technology, just about anything goes in the skeptical bin.
I think here you might be talking about video evidence?

I have seen many that seem to defy normal physics. I suspect fraud happens in only a minority of these cases. Most people try to be honest but there are bad apples out there too. The chance that every case and testimonial is fraudulent approaches zero in my opinion.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

That's what I used to think, before I saw it with my own two eyes.

I used to think there was nothing physical to poltergeists that sounds
were heard only in the mind (no mike would pick it up) and even physical
results like stacking of objects were from temporary possession of actual people.

Then I saw... well, I'll make a new thread.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
That's what I used to think, before I saw it with my own two eyes.

I used to think there was nothing physical to poltergeists that sounds
were heard only in the mind (no mike would pick it up) and even physical
results like stacking of objects were from temporary possession of actual people.

Then I saw... well, I'll make a new thread.

Seeing is believing.

My husband remained a bit of a skeptic for a while after I told him about my abilities until he had an experience of his own while he was with me during a paranormal investigation at The Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. He always believed me when I told him about my paranormal experiences, but he never had an undeniable experience of his own until we were together at the most haunted hotel in the United States. He heard multiple Class A EVPs while I conducted burst EVP sessions throughout the hotel and on the hotel grounds. He saw the images that appeared live on my SLS camera, and he saw the thermal images and pictures of some spirits that were captured by other paranormal investigators who were also at the hotel. We later attended one of the hotel's nightly ghost tours, and he was impressed with the EMF readings and Class A EVPs that were captured while we were on the tour.

We experienced some poltergeist activity in our room later that night. The covers on our bed were pulled off onto the floor, and we heard knocking in our bathroom. We also heard a disembodied voice in our room. I was immersed in a paranormal investigator's paradise while I was at The Crescent Hotel. I've investigated this hotel three different times, and the haunted Basin Park Hotel once.

For the record, my husband isn't a skeptic anymore.

Last edited:

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Seeing is believing.

My husband remained a bit of a skeptic for a while after I told him about my abilities until he had an experience of his own while he was with me during a paranormal investigation at The Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. He always believed me when I told him about my paranormal experiences, but he never had an undeniable experience of his own until we were together at the most haunted hotel in the United States. He heard multiple Class A EVPs while I conducted burst EVP sessions throughout the hotel and on the hotel grounds. He saw the images that appeared live on my SLS camera, and he saw the thermal images and pictures of some spirits that were captured by other paranormal investigators who were also at the hotel. We later attended one of the hotel's nightly ghost tours, and he was impressed with the EMF readings and Class A EVPs that were captured while we were on the tour.

We experienced some poltergeist activity in our room later that night. The covers on our bed were pulled off onto the floor, and we heard knocking in our bathroom. We also heard a disembodied voice in our room. I was immersed in a paranormal investigator's paradise while I was at The Crescent Hotel. I've investigated this hotel three different times, and the haunted Basin Park Hotel once.

For the record, my husband isn't a skeptic anymore.

I was at Eureka Springs on vacation early this spring.
Still too much covid for much to be open, didn't get to go in the hotel sadly.