• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IF NO WORDS, WOULD HUMANS SIN?

Repox

Truth Seeker
I have to do some research about symbolic communication abilities before i can get back to you.

If it's okay, i would also like to know how do you define free will.

I'm not sure how to respond to your post, i have to think about it.
As for free will, I define it as having objective self-awareness about possible choices. One could argue that humans are determined by forces beyond their control. I argue humans have the ability to make choices, therefore, they have free will.

Pudding

As for free will, I define it as having objective self-awareness about possible choices. One could argue that humans are determined by forces beyond their control. I argue humans have the ability to make choices, therefore, they have free will.
Thanks for explain.

Indian

One argument for freewill is without it we have no opportunity to demonstrate perfection. Without symbolic communication abilities, humans are not much different from other species; humans would be similar to apes or gorillas in the jungle. Do other species have freewill? No, unless theologians have changed their minds, they rely on instincts. Language usage enables humans to make choices, and, therefore, to sin.
Does freewill exist ? In an unintelligent world where permutations and combinations cannot be counted, answer is free will. In an intelligent world where every permutation and combination can be perceived and computed, in such a world free will is banished, because everything is predictable.

whirlingmerc

You don't need words to sin... desiring something more than God... hating someone in your heart... being bitter or not trusting God... many ways to sin without words

Milton Platt

One argument for freewill is without it we have no opportunity to demonstrate perfection. Without symbolic communication abilities, humans are not much different from other species; humans would be similar to apes or gorillas in the jungle. Do other species have freewill? No, unless theologians have changed their minds, they rely on instincts. Language usage enables humans to make choices, and, therefore, to sin.

So, you are arguing that a deaf-mute cannot sin??? Really?

Repox

Truth Seeker
So, you are arguing that a deaf-mute cannot sin??? Really?
No, I am pointing to the condition of sin for humans. Would we have sin if we were just like other species? In God's moral order, the consequences are no immortality for the offender, or whatever God decrees. If there is no God, humans determine societal rules and punishment for transgressors.

Last edited: