• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Loving [______] is wrong...

standing_alone

Buttercup said:
Do you remember trying to find names that would rhyme with swear or naughty words? Hehee!

Bwahahaha! Back when I was a kid and I'd go camping with my aunt and then-uncle, we would sing that song and I'd always be like "Chuck!" but they would stop singing then. :D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
Bwahahaha! Back when I was a kid and I'd go camping with my aunt and then-uncle, we would sing that song and I'd always be like "Chuck!" but they would stop singing then.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: oh that's too funny. I would try the same thing with my mom and she'd say..."hey now! That won't work out good" Duh mom, that's the point.

Yeah, or use the name "Rick" and change the song around a bit so you could fit in what you wanted. Any way you could to be able to say bad stuff. :rolleyes: Sheeeesh, wish I was that easily entertained now. :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I know Pantera's "Great Southern Trendkill" isn't thier most popular, but I really like a few songs on it.
Other than that, I really don't have anything. I do have some songs that alot of people love, and I absolutly hate, such as Nirvana's Smells like Teen Spirit, which is extremely over played on the radio, and no where close to thier best song.

standing_alone

Buttercup said:
:biglaugh: oh that's too funny. I would try the same thing with my mom and she'd say..."hey now! That won't work out good" Duh mom, that's the point.

Yeah, or use the name "Rick" and change the song around a bit so you could fit in what you wanted. Any way you could to be able to say bad stuff. :rolleyes: Sheeeesh, wish I was that easily entertained now. :p

Ha ha, I still am that easily entertained. :D

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Djamila said:
Hahaha, oh I LOVE it. Everytime it played at the clubs, people went crazy. lol The DJ's always saved it until the club was packed too, so they trusted it. LOL

The only English-language song I've seen with the same respect was one with a Bosnian connection, a Bosnian designer designed the outfits for the video:

1.jpg
3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-lvslfvHts

And Rhianna's "Unfaithful", the club version. But those two women are Australian and Bahamian respectively.

I LOVE HER!! Every time that song starts my head involentarily starts bobbing. [did I just say that out loud?]

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
standing_alone said:
If loving musicals (Rent, Phantom of the Opera, Moulin Rouge - yes, even Moulin Rouge :eek: - etc.) is wrong I don't want to be right.

I don't know if that exactly is what the thread wants, but I'm not ashamed of any of the CDs I got; I just as proudly blast my Bob Dylan driving about town as I do my Devildriver. But when it comes to musicals, I tend to make sure no one else is around before I watch/listen to them. :D

Well, I guess I do own one musical CD... and wish I owned more.:eek: ...:D
I love RENT! In a purely heterosexual way of course. I have tickets to see it in April and can't wait.

I grew up listening to my mom's Jesus Christ Superstar, Fiddler on the Roof, Joseph and His Technicoloered Dreamcoat, Hello Dolly and all those oldies. It's a wonder I am straight. lol!

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Buttercup said:
I feel like my dirty little secret tunes are much worse than anyone else's. But, because I've completely embarassed myself before by listing them I don't see it getting any worse by mentioning them again. :eek: :eek:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE 80's/early 90's dance tunes like:

My Perogative by Bobby Brown
1,2,3,4, by Coolio
Let it Whip by The Gap Band
Word Up by Cameo
Super Freak by Rick James
Billie Jean by Michael Jackson

Ok, I think that's plenty enough to look like a complete dweeb.

Now come on Buttercup, we're being honest here. Tell the truth. In the wee hours of the morning you creep from your bed, grab your iPod and sit in the back of your closet and listen to Opeth, don't you? :bow:

FatMan

Whenever I hear Rhianna sing, especially when she is screeching through "Unfaithful", I want to call up the producers of "American Idol" and ask them why they've opened the floodgates to crappy music from all areas of the Globe.

Then I hear something from Gwen Stefani or Fergie Ferg and I pass out.:D

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Although I live on a Caribbean island, I'm not really a fan of calypso or soca (which is like calypso but more of a party type nature). However, there is one song that's called "Sugar Boy" by Patrice Roberts. It's sort of mellow compared to other calypsoes out there, many of which to me, are just blatantly vulgar. When I heard the name "Sugar Boy" I started calling my boyfriend Sugar Boy. :hugkiss: He calls me Sugar Girl. :p

The lyrics to "Sugar Boy" are at http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/lyrics/2007_sugar_boy.htm

Just remember that the english might not be proper as it's sung with a Trinidadian dialect.

The song itself can be heard at http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/2007/sugar_boy.htm