• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If JHVH = 'Lord', then Jesus is JHVH

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Pretty simple. "Lord' means JHVH. Therefore Jesus is being called JHVH. Otherwise, why call the father /JHVH, "Lord". Same name.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
The trinity concept is not in the Bible but was developed by the early Catholic church some hundreds years later.

moorea944

"Lord" is just a title of authority. It doesnt mean that someone is God. If so, then angels, Abraham and other people in the bible is also part of the Godhead. What about the people in England and Japan? Dont they have Lords over there too? "Lord" is just a title. It doesnt mean that your God.

The Godhead is also explained in 1 Corin 11v3 "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." That is the bible's Godhead. God the Father, God the son, God the Holy Spirit is not found in the bible. But people believe in it. It's realy sad. With all the words in the bible, why do people have to make up words and phrases into their doctrines. Why cant you believe in what the bible actually tells us..... Dont put in words into the bible. Doesnt scripture tell us that God is Jesus's father and God? And that God is greater than Jesus?

Kolibri

As stated before. Lord means "master." It does not translate as Jehovah nor Jesus. It is a title. Jehovah and Jesus are both English variants of Hebrew names.

Adho·nai′ is used 285 times with the divine name. Being the plural for adho·nim′ in connection with a singular name it denotes a royal or majestic plural. So not just a 'lord', but a 'Sovereign Lord.'
Jesus too is a lord. But unlike Jehovah, Jesus said "All authority has been given to me." - Mt 28:18
Jesus is Our Lord because he is the Head of the Congregation and because Jehovah set him up as the earth's new King. (Psalm 2)

Two primary masters was foretold by the splitting of the Mount of Olives in Zech 14:4. Two rulerships, one subsidiary and representing the other, bringing a complete triumph for true worship. (See too Da 2:44,45). This fits in too with the pattern set by the Davidic Kingship. Solomon was said to be siting on "Jehovah's throne." (1 Ch 29:23) That is Jehovah was still the primary King, and Solomon represented his authority.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The trinity concept is not in the Bible but was developed by the early Catholic church some hundreds years later.
Catholic church schtick is sorta outside the sphere of influence for me. (Wrong parts of Europe)/ Nevertheless, the 'trinity' idea is a description of concepts found in the bible, not an invention. You don't have to use the word. 'trinity'. I don't why would I ? Anyways, they were trying to rationalize or describe the belief in multiple manifestation deity concept. It's a pretty good description, but it's just that, you can understand manifestation deity ideas without the 'trinity' idea, or catholic church writings. My recommendation for people who don't understand these ideas is to check out hindu writings, like the Bhagavad Gita. I have Prabhupadas version. You find these multiple manifestation of one deity concepts quite prevelant in Hinduism.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Pretty simple. "Lord' means JHVH. Therefore Jesus is being called JHVH. Otherwise, why call the father /JHVH, "Lord". Same name.

why do you think Lord means JHVH??

King David is called Lord in the bible. So is Abraham.

What does that tell you about the title Lord?

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
That is not true! If you care to look up the quotes of the early church Fathers on the internet, I assure you, they are there, and they were talking about a triune God from the 1st. Century on. The doctrine of the Trinity was established in 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicea, but the idea was there in the 1st century as evidenced by the writings of the ECF's.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
="katiemygirl, post: 4081874, member: 29151"]

Jesus quotes Deuteronomy 6:5 in Matthew 22:37, "Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'"

Jesus used the Greek word kurios ("lord") to translate YHWH. This is done consistently in the New Testament, which is inspired by God.

Jesus equates Lord with YHWH.

Jesus is LORD! Jesus is YHWH!

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
That is not true! If you care to look up the quotes of the early church Fathers on the internet, I assure you, they are there, and they were talking about a triune God from the 1st. Century on. The doctrine of the Trinity was established in 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicea, but the idea was there in the 1st century as evidenced by the writings of the ECF's.

The early "church fathers" did not write scripture. There is a reason why the Bible stops at Revelation, penned at the end of the first century.

There is no trinity in either Jewish or first century Christian teachings.

The "weeds" of the apostasy that Jesus and his apostles foretold were not sown recently. The apostles warned about the appearance of these ones before they passed off the earthly scene. Nothing written from the second century onwards can be trusted without first testing to see if they agree with the entirety of scripture. Nothing that originated in the Catholic Church does. :oops:

Lyndon

Premium Member
Katie, So when Jesus said God he was talking about and praying to himself??? Sorry but that is just ridiculous.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Lord does not mean JHVH (whatever that is). The tetragrammaton is a name; Lord is a title

Lyndon

Premium Member
There's Lord in the Bible and LORD, two totally different things. I think Lord means master, LORD means God in Heaven (JHVH)

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
So when Jesus said God he was talking about and praying to himself??? Sorry but that is just ridiculous.
Ridiculous to you maybe, but not to Jesus.

Jesus is the one who was quoting God. You'll have to take it up with Him.

BTW, Jesus did say, "I and the Father are one."

Lyndon

Premium Member
In the gospels?? In any case that statement can be interpreted in several ways, Jesus and the Father are one and the same is probably not the true meaning, it was common to refer to prophets as "one with God" as in "in close communication with God", perhaps that is a better way to think of the statement.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Lord does not mean JHVH (whatever that is). The tetragrammaton is a name; Lord is a title
I just proved it did. Here it is again.

Jesus quotes Deuteronomy 6:5 in Matthew 22:37, "Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'"

Jesus used the Greek word kurios ("lord") to translate YHWH. This is done consistently in the New Testament, which is inspired by God.