• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus Were To Return Today

Lightkeeper

What do you think he would think of the churches. Do you think he would recognize anything he taught in any Christian church? What would he do about it? Would he shrug and walk away? Would he still teach?

Master Vigil

I dunno, I just think that if he would come back, he would have to start over. Christianity I think has changed alot since his time, and I believe it has gotten too complicated. I believe if he came back, he would have to start over and simplify things. Bring people back to earth in other words.

john313

warrior-poet
I think he would have to reteach everything. I also think he would point out that many of today's Christians are followers of Paul, not of Jesus and the other prophets. He would reteach the original Law that Paul said was abolished with the human sacrifice of Jesus. I think he would be distraught with the wickedness in people of all religions and cultures;killing each other for money and the like. He may even be among us today, but we do not recognise him.
If he was actually here now, teaching, would we follow him or cast him aside as a teacher of nonsense because we are all so set in our ways?:sarcastic

Ronald

Shalom all,
He won't come back today, or anytime Very soon, there are certain events that must precede his return. That being said, the hypotheis of him returning. What would he do and what would he think?
First he would not enter a Christian Church, Christians would go to his Temple to hear him. They would have to enter a mikvah to enter into the Temple, so they will know the Truth, everyone will know the Lord. So if they think they are going to meet a gentle, soft Messiah they will have an awakening. He will be ruling with a rod of iron, the obedience he preached when he was first here, wil not be an option, but mandatory. To be chastised with an iron rod will not be gentle.
When he comes fall on your face. To some it won't be pretty. To some it will be beautiful, this being His obedient servants in the nowadays, not in the sweet by and by.
What will he think? He will have come from the Father at the moed, so he will know everything, He will be like the Father, El Shaddai. Everyone will know the truth. No need for him to think like a human.
So lets all practice doing the Shabbat Seder and the Feast of Tabernacles, as all who are chosen will be doing the events, so reherse them!

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Fooey.

We don't know when he is coming. Like a thief in the night. I might not get to finish posting this note.

One of my favorite bumper stickers is
Jesus is coming soon!​
(Better look busy)​
Because it's such a human reaction to what God really wants: Our hearts.​

Ronald

NetDoc said:
Fooey.

We don't know when he is coming. Like a thief in the night. I might not get to finish posting this note.

One of my favorite bumper stickers is
Jesus is coming soon!​
(Better look busy)​

Because it's such a human reaction to what God really wants: Our hearts.​
I can see you are a Christian! You believe what you want to believe.
There are signs and events that are written that must come to pass before the coming of the Messiah.
The only part of your post I believe is,
Jesus is coming soon!​
(Better look busy)​
Soon as the signs and events are fulfilled! Yeah, no man knows the day nor the hour, but readers who have understanding will surely know the signs of his coming!

Take issue! It won't change what is written.

keevelish

Ronald, those signs pertain to the coming of Christ to set up his millenial Kingdom AFTER the 7 year tribulation. Christians are waiting for the IMMINENT return of Christ (the rapture). There is absolutely nothing further that needs to happen before the rapture of the church.

keevelish

Are you Jewish Ronald? When Jesus spoke of the signs of his coming, he was speaking to the Jews in the gospels. They looked forward to him setting up his kingdom. However, Paul spoke about the rapture of the church in his epistles, because that is what Christians look forward to. Jesus has to rapture his church first, before the tribulation and him coming again. Jesus will not come to the earth during the rapture, but will meet his saints in the air. There are no signs of this, like NetDoc says.

Lycan

Preternatural
Not to sound tacky or insulting, but with society as it is today, he would probably be put in a mental institution.

Lycan

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Actually, I think you have a very good point, Lycan. Our society today thinks people crazy if they are teachings things that go against what our society believes is important. Also, I've said this before, but I think Jesus would be very sad to found out the things that have been done in his name since he left.

oracle

First and foremost, Christ was in the beginning, came, and is still here. Christ is within you, all around you, and a part of you. I believe that the return of Christ is symbolical for the reuniting between each individual soul and God. It is spiritual awakening, and will not come to those who are waiting for a literal arrival. The return of Christ is his return within us. Jesus said that when he comes, it will be like lightning across the sky, and yet he said that he will come as a thief in the night. My proposal makes sense of both meanings.

oracle

I think the churches of today resemble the Pharisees and Sadacees of Jesus's time, bent on legalistic dogma rather than spiritual truth.

Ronald

keevelish said:
Are you Jewish Ronald? When Jesus spoke of the signs of his coming, he was speaking to the Jews in the gospels. They looked forward to him setting up his kingdom. However, Paul spoke about the rapture of the church in his epistles, because that is what Christians look forward to. Jesus has to rapture his church first, before the tribulation and him coming again. Jesus will not come to the earth during the rapture, but will meet his saints in the air. There are no signs of this, like NetDoc says.
Shalom keevelish,
No, I am not Jewish. The Way was the new believers in the book of Acts, most of them were Jewish, all of them were Torah observant, no matter which Nation they came from.

The Christian rapture is made up from two verses written by Paul taken out of context.

Yes, Paul spoke of the end time events in these two places, but he is not speaking a new Church event, he is talking about a moed/appointed time, both times trumpets blow.
If you are a student of the Old Testament, you will find references to endtime events where trumpets blow and a gathering together of Israel, then Yeshua/Jesus says plainly that (Mt 24:31) "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.(Is27:12)And it shall come to pass in that day That the LORD will thresh, From the channel of the River to the Brook of Egypt; And you will be gathered one by one, O you children of Israel.13 So it shall be in that day: The great trumpet will be blown; They will come, who are about to perish in the land of Assyria, And they who are outcasts in the land of Egypt, And shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.
Zec 9:14
Then the LORD will appear over them, and his arrow go forth like lightning; the Lord GOD will sound the trumpet, and march forth in the whirlwinds of the south.
All of these are the same time and the same resurrection and the same trumpet
Paulis speaking of in 1Cor 15:52 and 1 Thes 4:16.
Christians who teach "Replacement Theology" remove all vestages of the promises of God to the Jews and abscound with them and profess that Paul brought a new gospel.
Blatantly false. The Way would believe Yeshua/Jesus and He said (Mt 24:29) "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken;
Choose for yourself, whether you believe the Torah and your Savior Yeshua/Jesus or what MAN tells you that Paul said. I believe Yeshua!
Here is Daniel's take on resurrection.
Da 12:1 ¶ "At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, Every one who is found written in the book.2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Most people believe Jesus was the first one to use "everlasting life", but no, it is Jewish! :162:

oracle

There will not be a literal rapture, the rapture is symbolic for spiritual awakening. Only the carnally minded will percieve it as people vanishing in thin air. In the referance to the sayings that one will be taken and the other left where the vultures gather, from what I believe it's refering to the twofold nature of each individual, one being the materialistic and physical manifestation and the other the spiritual (another interpretation of mine is that those who are "left behind" are those who do not spiritually awaken). The resurrection is symbolic for spiritual awakening in which we will be given spiritual bodies (figuratively speaking), this directly ties in with the statement about one being taken and the other left behind (that being our egoistic nature). The tribulation is also symbolic. Sigh... Jesus's kingdom will not appear in materialistic form either.

Another thing, Isreal is symbolic for the spiritual, while egypt or babylon is symbolic for the material. It's the same thing as the kingdom of heaven, and the kingdom of the beast. Armageddon is symolic for the "battle" between our sinful nature and our divine nature as a collective of each individual soul.
the beast, the false prophet, and Satan is refering to the threefold nature of man:
physical, mental, and spiritual. It means self-gratification, self-deception, self-glorification (the three temptations of Jesus). They are the imperfections within mankind which cause self-destruction. It is also the mark of the beast, which refers to the threefold nature, the trinity within man, that is why there are three 6's, a 6 with the symbolic meaning of division, deficiency, of lacking, of being without. The threefold is also in the book of Danial, the words written on the wall (Mene, Mene, Tekel, and Upharsin which means divided).

The book of Revelations has so wrongly been interpreted because of literalism, yuck... Do you really think that people will simultaniously vanish in thin air? :biglaugh:I am telling you now that will never happen, not 1000 years from now even untill the destruction of this earth.

And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
those who "sleep in the dust of the earth" are those who alientate themselves from their divine nature and conform to their physical manifestation alone. Some spiritually awaken, while others remain spiritually asleep.

the words "eternal life" is even symbolic and has deeper meaning than what is literally percieved.

The state of the church is very materialistic, legalistic, and interprets the bible with literalism, just like the pharisees and sadacees of Jesus's time. The church is in a widespread state of apostacy. We are already in the "end times". There are many peoples of the church who bear the "mark of the beast". Do you seriously think the mark is literally a microship or barcodes? Do you serioulsy think 666 has numerical significance, and through a mathmatical equation the beast will be revealed through it's properties?:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:The antichrist is a false christ, which people arleady worship.