• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

TrueBeliever37

Well, isn't every being in "heaven" spirits?

You aren't really giving very clear answers, so it is hard to even discuss it with you. I have to assume that you mean yes you believe in 3 Spirits that are God.

Your belief is in conflict with Ephesians 4:4 which says there is One Spirit

TrueBeliever37

Read John 1: 3-12 and tell me who is it talking about in verse 3 that made all things? and who is it in verse 10 that was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own and his own received him not.

Now read Isaiah 44:24 and tell me who it is that made all things, that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself?

djhwoodwerks

You aren't really giving very clear answers, so it is hard to even discuss it with you. I have to assume that you mean yes you believe in 3 Spirits that are God.

Your belief is in conflict with Ephesians 4:4 which says there is One Spirit

There is One Spirit, the Holy Spirit. God is "A" Spirit, not "THE" Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:11 (ESV Strong's) 11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

TWO separate beings!

TrueBeliever37

There is One Spirit, the Holy Spirit. God is "A" Spirit, not "THE" Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:11 (ESV Strong's) 11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

TWO separate beings!

I can't even make sense out of what you are saying.

How can there be one Spirit, and that one Spirit is the Holy Spirit, and you then say God is a Spirit, and yet God is not the Holy Spirit?

Please respond to post 1364 also.

djhwoodwerks

I can't even make sense out of what you are saying.

Let me dumb it down for you then.

No one knows the thoughts of God, except "THE" Spirit "OF" God.

If God is A Spirit, and that Spirit is the Holy Spirit, then what is the Spirit OF God that knows the thoughts of God?

If God IS the Holy Spirit, why doesn't it just say, 'no one knows the thoughts of God except God'?

The Spirit of God, God has a Spirit also!

TrueBeliever37

Let me dumb it down for you then.

No one knows the thoughts of God, except "THE" Spirit "OF" God.

If God is A Spirit, and that Spirit is the Holy Spirit, then what is the Spirit OF God that knows the thoughts of God?

If God IS the Holy Spirit, why doesn't it just say, 'no one knows the thoughts of God except God'?

It sounds like you think there is a spirit dwelling in a spirit? I thought you at least believed the Holy Spirit is God. We are so far apart on this I think maybe we should just agree to disagree. Sir, you have a wonderful day.

If you care to respond to the other post I asked you about, maybe would have some common ground to discuss that.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Acts 7:59 (ESV Strong's) 59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” If Jesus is standing on the right hand of God, and when we die we return to God's memory, why did Stephen ask Jesus to receive his spirit?
We return to God's "memory"? I'm sorry, but I don't know of anywhere in the Bible where it says this.

TrueBeliever37

I do believe the Holy Spirit is God, but He is not the Father.

1. Matthew 1:18 ...she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. That means the Holy Spirit is the Father.

2. I Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father of whom are all things...

(Since you agree the Holy Spirit is God, and the verse I gave says the one God is the Father, it follows that the Holy Spirit has to be the Father.)

TrueBeliever37

In post #1370 you said you do believe the Holy Spirit is God. But then in post #1367 you said If God IS the Holy Spirit, why doesn't it just say... (as shown above from your quote)

Can you not see why I would get confused about what you are saying? Those two posts seem to contradict each other.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
That's what Jehovah's witnesses believe. When we die, we return to God's memory until we are resurrected, if we are resurrected.
Why do you believe that? What does that even mean? We "return to God's memory"? You can't return to someplace you have never left, so you must believe that during our lifetimes, we have left God's memory. That's not a very uplifting thought, not to mention the fact that it's not taught anywhere in the Bible. What's more, I don't see how this pertains to the OP in the slightest.

djhwoodwerks

Why do you believe that? What does that even mean? We "return to God's memory"? You can't return to someplace you have never left, so you must believe that during our lifetimes, we have left God's memory. That's not a very uplifting thought, not to mention the fact that it's not taught anywhere in the Bible. What's more, I don't see how this pertains to the OP in the slightest.

First off, I am not a Jehovah's witness, never have been, never will be! That is what they believe, when we die, we return to God's memory until resurrection.

The point I was trying to make, as they believe, we return to God's memory, so why was Stephen asking Jesus to receive his spirit and not God.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The point I was trying to make, as they believe, we return to God's memory, so why was Stephen asking Jesus to receive his spirit and not God.
You'd have to ask Stephen. If I was being stoned and saw the Father and the Son, I'm not sure I'd really care who helped me out. At any rate, just to make my position clear, I don't believe the Father and the Son are the same being, but I do believe we can refer to both of them as "God." It's a title the Father shares with His Son, just as He shares everything else He has with His Son. He's the Father; He is, always has been and always will be the greater of the two.