• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

djhwoodwerks

Jesus JUDGED him - making it plain with that last sentence, - telling him he only believed when he saw, whereas the people who have not seen and believe - are the ones who are blessed.

If that's true, then Jesus judged every person there, because they all believed when they 'SAW' Him.

Joh 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Thomas wasn't there, so he didn't see Him yet.

ukok102nak

I believe that is a stretch but possibly containing an element of truth. I believe Hel was the serpent in the Garden of Eden and that his/her alien race was a race of lizard people who war against the sun people.

~;> indeed
though most people wouldn't believed in some story now
that there was a snake being like humans who walk at this planet
long before humans learned how to sin
in the sight of god

those are two sins
if we may say so
one sin can be described as a sin
in the eyes of humans
and
the other thing is
a sin in the eyes of god

thats why
some people never accepted that they were sinners
coz in their own eyes they were righteous
but
in the eyes of god they were hypocrites

perhaps you are familiar with this verse
that tells something aboyt christjesus
in spirit and as a god
as it is written
:read:
2 Corinthians 5:16
So from now on we don't think of anyone from a human point of view. If we did think of Christ from a human point of view, we don't anymore.
17 Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.

Micah 5:2
But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, being small among the clans of Judah, out of you one will come forth to me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.

now if we combine the verses
from the 2Corinthians 5:16_17
to
Micah 5:2
we shall learn the difference
between the words of humans
from unto
the written words of god

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I believe that is a stretch but possibly containing an element of truth. I believe Hel was the serpent in the Garden of Eden and that his/her alien race was a race of lizard people who war against the sun people.
OK... We were speaking in reference to the Bible. I'm sure that in your faith, that would be your understanding.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?

Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.

There are Bible verses explaining that many of the things Jesus did was to teach, to demonstrate, for our benefit. Jesus once even prayed "Father you always hear me but I pray now that they may hear..."

Muffled

Jesus in me
OK... We were speaking in reference to the Bible. I'm sure that in your faith, that would be your understanding.
I believe the Bible does not exist in a vacuum. Not all the information is contained within and it certainly helps to understand the Bible when other information is taken into consideration.

Ben Avraham

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?

Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.

Jesus could not be God because he was a Jew and, for a Jew to want to be God, he must first turn into a mental case. Now, the Devil does not exist as a real being. Satan or the devil is only a concept to illustrated the evil inclination in man. So, logically, this is impossible.

omega2xx

During His incarnation, Jesus did not function as God(Phil 2:6-8). He was not omnipresent, omnipotent or even omniscient

Jn 5:19 - Therefore Jesus answered and was saying," the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for what ever the Father does, these things the Son does in like manner.

Jn 12:49 - For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has give Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

He had to be made like His brethren in ALL THINGS...Heb 2:17. That is why He could be tempted. While He was 100% man, He remained 100% God, but His God attributes were not used during His incarnation. We might say they were put on the back burner until His incarnation was competed.

moorea944

During His incarnation, Jesus did not function as God(Phil 2:6-8). He was not omnipresent, omnipotent or even omniscient

Jn 5:19 - Therefore Jesus answered and was saying," the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for what ever the Father does, these things the Son does in like manner.

Jn 12:49 - For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has give Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

He had to be made like His brethren in ALL THINGS...Heb 2:17. That is why He could be tempted. While He was 100% man, He remained 100% God, but His God attributes were not used during His incarnation. We might say they were put on the back burner until His incarnation was competed.

A few things I feel that is wrong in your quotes.
100% God and 100% man? Does that really make sense to you? Or are you just accepting what your taught in your church. Plus, you use words like "incarnation". That is not even in scripture. Why cant we just use words in the bible instead of bringing in our own words and ideas. Just was a man. That is what we are told. We are NOT told that he is "God the son" or "incarnate". So, we just throw those words and ideas out.

What we DO read in the bible is, Jesus is the son of God. He was a man just like us. Same nature and that was for a reason. The Messiah "had to" be like us. It had to be someone who would come into the world to conquer sin, and with the help of his father, he did it. Even Peter tells us in Acts 2 that all of Jesus's miracles were God's miracles because he was working "through" his son. Same with 2 Cor 5, "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself," God was using his son to bring back mankind to Himself.

Jesus is not God. God is the God and father of Jesus. Jesus had to be born and there was a reason for that. He had to be like us. (Heb 2). IF Jesus was God, the atonement goes right out the window and it totally degrades our creator.

omega2xx

100% God and 100% man? Does that really make sense to you? Or are you just accepting what your taught in your church.

Most spiritual truth do not make sense but that does not mean their are not true. It only means we lack complete understanding. It is taught in he Bible if you know how to interpret it.

Plus, you use words like "incarnation". That is not even in scripture. Why cant we just use words in the bible instead of bringing in our own words and ideas. Just was a man. That is what we are told. We are NOT told that he is "God the son" or "incarnate". So, we just throw those words and ideas out.

Do you really not know what "incarnation means? The doctrine is clearly taught in such verses as Jn 1:13.

What we DO read in the bible is, Jesus is the son of God. He was a man just like us. Same nature and that was for a reason. The Messiah "had to" be like us. It had to be someone who would come into the world to conquer sin, and with the help of his father, he did it. Even Peter tells us in Acts 2 that all of Jesus's miracles were God's miracles because he was working "through" his son. Same with 2 Cor 5, "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself," God was using his son to bring back mankind to Himself.

Well said.

Jesus is not God. God is the God and father of Jesus. Jesus had to be born and there was a reason for that. He had to be like us. (Heb 2). IF Jesus was God, the atonement goes right out the window and it totally degrades our creator.

The Bible says He is God, I will continue to accept what God says over what man says.

Didachist

You must understand we refer to this as the mystery of the incarnation , it is believed by many of us (we who call ourselves Christian) that this mystery of the incarnation of Christ had two natures one physical and created one one uncreated, that Christ had a will apart from the Father and of this portion of himself was truly man, and as such was subject to all that flesh was heir to , to include temptation.

They are one in the same, yet through scripture we see that there are two wills, one of the father, and one of the son. but there is more, we who believe are also at one with the father and have been promised to be sharers of this divine nature.

moorea944

Most spiritual truth do not make sense but that does not mean their are not true. It only means we lack complete understanding. It is taught in he Bible if you know how to interpret it.

Do you really not know what "incarnation means? The doctrine is clearly taught in such verses as Jn 1:13.

Well said.

The Bible says He is God, I will continue to accept what God says over what man says.
Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus is God.

Didachist

Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus is God.

"Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad."
The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!"

"The Father and I are one."
Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."

7Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 28Thomasreplied, “My Lord and my God!” 29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed.”…

“I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!” (Rev.1:17–18) (in Judaic thought he declares himself the Aleph and Tav)

This would mean he is the agent of the creation, and the powerful end of Judgement. according to judaic thought.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus could not be God because he was a Jew and, for a Jew to want to be God, he must first turn into a mental case. Now, the Devil does not exist as a real being. Satan or the devil is only a concept to illustrated the evil inclination in man. So, logically, this is impossible.

I don't believe God thinks it is a bad idea to be Jewish.

I believe we do not have a case of a Jew wanting to be God but of God wanting to be a Jew.

I believe Jesus addresses him as a real entity.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe this statement is false and can't be proven.

I believe turning water into wine speaks of His creative abilities.

Muffled

Jesus in me
100% God and 100% man? Does that really make sense to you? Or are you just accepting what your taught in your church. Plus, you use words like "incarnation". That is not even in scripture. Why cant we just use words in the bible instead of bringing in our own words and ideas. Just was a man. That is what we are told. We are NOT told that he is "God the son" or "incarnate". So, we just throw those words and ideas out.

I believe this is a false and unprovable statement.

I believe that statement has no basis in reality.

I believe the JW's might tell you that but not the Bible.

I don't believe the "just" is justified. Certainly He was also a man like us in some ways. 100% I very much doubt it. For starter He has a different Spirit. God's Spirit is infinite but ours is finite. He was created in the womb we were not.

I believe this is incorrect. Jesus and the Father are one. It is not a man getting help; it is what God can do that we can't.

I believe when you understand this you will understand that He is God.

omega2xx

I believe this statement is false and can't be proven.

I believe turning water into wine speaks of His creative abilities.

Phil 2:7 says Jesus emptied Himself. What do you think that means? It says he was made in the likeness of man---can men do miracles?

Jn 8:28 - So Jesus said, When..., then you will know that I do nothing on my own initiative, but I speak these things as the father taught Me....

Jn 12:49 - For I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

I can't find the verse right now, but there were some instances where Jesus did not know something. He did not know the day or the hour God would destroy the earth.

God performed through Jesus all of the miracles.

moorea944

Phil 2:7 says Jesus emptied Himself. What do you think that means? It says he was made in the likeness of man---can men do miracles?

Jn 8:28 - So Jesus said, When..., then you will know that I do nothing on my own initiative, but I speak these things as the father taught Me....

Jn 12:49 - For I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

I can't find the verse right now, but there were some instances where Jesus did not know something. He did not know the day or the hour God would destroy the earth.

God performed through Jesus all of the miracles.

I agree. I love Acts 2 when Peter gives his speech...

"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him (or through him, in other bible versions) in the midst of you," Wait a minute...... How come Peter is not telling everyone about a trinity? Hmmmmm

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Now, the Devil does not exist as a real being. Satan or the devil is only a concept to illustrated the evil inclination in man. So, logically, this is impossible.

This is unlikely, because Job chapters 1 & 2 tells us Satan took "his station" before Jehovah God, and they began asking each other questions, having a real conversation.