• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus returned to this world, how would you know it was Jesus?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1 Thessalonians 5:3

“For when they shall say, peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.”
That's in English. Might I recommend some language research?

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
There is plenty we can do about it, if we choose to.

Exodus 14:1-4
New International Version

14 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 “Tell the Israelites to turn back and encamp near Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea. They are to encamp by the sea, directly opposite Baal Zephon. 3 Pharaoh will think, ‘The Israelites are wandering around the land in confusion, hemmed in by the desert.’ 4 And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.” So the Israelites did this.

Pharaoh didn't have a choice, did he?

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, surely (Jesus,) the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind justly (as a Just Ruler); he will break the Cross and kill the pigs and there will be no Jizya (i.e. taxation taken from non Muslims). Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it, and a single prostration to Allah (in prayer) will be better than the whole world and whatever is in it."
Sahih al-Bukhari 3448
Haven't heard that Hadith before. Consider this from what Jesus said:

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
John, "The Gospel of John - ευαγγέλιο του ιωάννη", 3:12

I know this not reliable word by word, but neither is your hadith, unlike the Qur'an. How strong is this hadith, in your opinion?

The money thing probably refers to spiritual riches. A world where money means nothing would be an unworkable economic system. I believe the part about no Jizya is probably literal.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If we consider the example Jesus gave "for just as the days of Noah were" we can rest assured that everybody will know when that time come because "so the presence of the Son of man will be".
Matthew 24:37-39
King James Version

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The point that Jesus was making is that most people will not know when the Son of man comes because they will be busy eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage. Then the flood will come and take them away because they did not recognize the Son of man when he appeared.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Exodus 14:1-4
New International Version

14 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 “Tell the Israelites to turn back and encamp near Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea. They are to encamp by the sea, directly opposite Baal Zephon. 3 Pharaoh will think, ‘The Israelites are wandering around the land in confusion, hemmed in by the desert.’ 4 And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.” So the Israelites did this.

Pharaoh didn't have a choice, did he?
No, not if God hardened Pharaoh’s heart.
Are you implying that God chooses what people will believe or disbelieve? I do not believe that, although I believe that God might help to remove veils in certain instances.

“God desireth not to straiten the heart of anyone, be it even an ant, how much less the heart of a superior creature, except when he suffereth himself to be wrapt in veils, for God is the Creator of all things.”

Selections From the Writings of the Báb, p. 133

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
No, not if God hardened Pharaoh’s heart.
Are you implying that God chooses what people will believe or disbelieve? I do not believe that, although I believe that God might help to remove veils in certain instances.

“God desireth not to straiten the heart of anyone, be it even an ant, how much less the heart of a superior creature, except when he suffereth himself to be wrapt in veils, for God is the Creator of all things.”

Selections From the Writings of the Báb, p. 133

God is in control. :)