• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus Is the Thief, I'd Better Buy a Security System

Kelly of the Phoenix

I have this posted in Literature as well, but I don't know how much traffic that section gets, so I thought I'd offer it here as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Thief-...1746251&sr=1-1&keywords=if+jesus+is+the+thief

As you could probably figure out if you drank a bit, lol, K. Ley de Fenix is just a tweaked version of my username here. It is available on both kindle and paperback.

"I have struggled to keep my religious beliefs in an era of evil and hypocrisy. Following Jesus' Way is difficult, but is there anything in it that might help? Can it stay the same or must it evolve? Through musings and vignettes, I hope to show that the Way is still important, no matter how disappointed in its traditional application we may be."

If this has to be a debate, then I guess the debate could be something along the lines of "can one have their skepticism and remain theist" or whatever.

I feel a relationship to God (or some divine whatever). I feel I can't be an atheist for that very reason. It's like someone without a radio telling me that radio signals are imaginary but I have a functioning radio. However, clearly somewhere we as theists (Abrahamics in particular as I am not qualified to say much about non-Abrahamics) have dropped the ball. I see "heaven on earth" TRYING to be a thing (with equality and compassion and such), but there are people who are actively trying to burn the budding heaven to the ground.

*PS: I am a disabled part time nurse. I would love to help the poor better, but I can't afford it a lot of the time. Royalties from my books go into a separate checking account so I can better keep my finances separate. I don't like using "charities" as such. I much prefer helping people directly as much as possible. I like to see the fruit of the tree, as it were. So, if that kind of motivation floats your boat, at least give my books a try. :)

Phantasman

I have this posted in Literature as well, but I don't know how much traffic that section gets, so I thought I'd offer it here as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Thief-...1746251&sr=1-1&keywords=if+jesus+is+the+thief

As you could probably figure out if you drank a bit, lol, K. Ley de Fenix is just a tweaked version of my username here. It is available on both kindle and paperback.

"I have struggled to keep my religious beliefs in an era of evil and hypocrisy. Following Jesus' Way is difficult, but is there anything in it that might help? Can it stay the same or must it evolve? Through musings and vignettes, I hope to show that the Way is still important, no matter how disappointed in its traditional application we may be."

If this has to be a debate, then I guess the debate could be something along the lines of "can one have their skepticism and remain theist" or whatever.

I feel a relationship to God (or some divine whatever). I feel I can't be an atheist for that very reason. It's like someone without a radio telling me that radio signals are imaginary but I have a functioning radio. However, clearly somewhere we as theists (Abrahamics in particular as I am not qualified to say much about non-Abrahamics) have dropped the ball. I see "heaven on earth" TRYING to be a thing (with equality and compassion and such), but there are people who are actively trying to burn the budding heaven to the ground.

*PS: I am a disabled part time nurse. I would love to help the poor better, but I can't afford it a lot of the time. Royalties from my books go into a separate checking account so I can better keep my finances separate. I don't like using "charities" as such. I much prefer helping people directly as much as possible. I like to see the fruit of the tree, as it were. So, if that kind of motivation floats your boat, at least give my books a try. :)

Like you, I chose a deist path. Even after 20 some years as an orthodox Christian. Following the Gospel isn't difficult. Following the Bible becomes confusing, due to two different ideologies trying to mix (like water and oil). I found a much clearer understanding of the gospel message by letting them come together as a big picture. The non canon gospels make the Canon gospels come alive in a chorus of understanding what Christ wanted us to know, rather than a created church of priests who dictate what made them above congregations of seekers.

Hope your book sells many copies, Kelly. But keep seeking, it's there. BTW, I owned two different alarm companies in my life. Security Systems are only as good as their weakest point.:D

Always enjoy your posts/debates.