You did not supply a scripture verse which says that Jesus is God.
The scriptures says:
- “yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.” (1 Cor 8:6)
Also the difference between God and mankind is shown here by analogy:
- “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.“ (John 15:1-2)
You will notice that ‘the gardener’ and ‘the vine … and ‘the branches’ are different objects. The same is with:
- God (Spirit/Gardener) and with
- Jesus (Sinless Human/Vine) and with
- the believers (sinful human/Branches)
Also, Jesus disputed with the Jews for claiming that Jesus called himself, ‘God’:
- “Do you say of him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world: Thou blasphemest, because I said, I am the Son of God? ” (John 10:36)
Here, Jesus had just told the Jews that God is his Father. The Jews DESPITE THEMSELVES CLAIMING GOD AS THEIR FATHER claimed Jesus was ‘Making himself EQUAL TO
(!!!??) God’ by saying he was the Son of God. Of course this is pure paganism which is from the types like Egyptians who claim their pharoahs were Gods because they viewed themselves as SONS OF THE GODS.
In fact, i suspect that such a verse is not valid scriptures. In my research I asked many times for anyone to show me where the Jews ever
claimed that ‘A Son is equal to his Father’ I received either NO ANSWERS or replies saying there was never any such claim.
Can you do better?
Can you answer as to why the Jews accused Jesus of claiming to be ‘EQUAL TO GOD’ just because Jesus said that ‘God is my Father’? And this, even as the Jews themselves claimed God is their Father … does this seem credible - does such a verse tie in with the belief of the Jews who throughout their history knew of only one God whom they called ‘Father’ (Their creator)?
Oh, and, by the way, ‘Son’ means:
- “He who fully does the Will of [He who gives him the command]’
Jesus ‘fully’ carried out the Will of God, wherefore God called Jesus: ‘My Son’.
The holy angels always carry out the Will of God, wherefore they too are called ‘Sons of God’.
Jesus, in defending himself from the false accusations of the Jews told them:
- “[I only said that God is my father…] If I am not doing the works of my Father then do not believe me…!”
Here, Jesus is emphasising what it means to be ‘Son of God’ but the Jews fail to understand. However, they didn’t fail to understand the same when said to them by Jesus:
- ‘You are sons of YOUR FATHER. He was a liar from the beginning…!’
Of course Jesus mean that they were doing the bad deeds and works of Satan. The Jews did not think Jesus was saying that they were literally birthed by the satanic spirit given that awful name! How then are we supposed to believe that they claimed Jesus was EQUAL to God for being ‘Son of God’?
And note carefully: Being EQUAL to something does not mean you ARE that something. If you think I’m wrong, give me an example of your thinking!
Scriptures NEVER claims Jesus IS NOT GOD directly because NO ONE EVER CLAIMED Jesus WAS GOD….. no! Even The great trinitarian misinterpretation of Phil 2 does not claim Jesus is God because if misclaims that Jesus was ‘IN THE FORM OF GOD’ which, again, does not claim ‘IS GOD’. Testament is by the fact also that it says that Jesus did not think of being EQUAL TO GOD a thing to be GRASPED AT. Trintarians cannot understand that ‘Grasping’ for something does not mean it is already in hand … but means ‘Reaching out to TRY TO GRAB’.
So, Jesus, though HAVING THE POWER OF GOD (by anointment with the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:37-38) did not seek to misuse that power but rather he humbled himself to be like ordinary man even to being killed on a cross (The taunt of ‘Physician save thyself’ is a clue as to what this means!!)