• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if Iran and Thailand are theistic countries??...

If Iran and Thailand are theistic Countries, how would they explain their non theistic ideas for allowing for sex reassignment surgery?

'trans', for the lack of better words, has been in those cultures a lot longer than Modern medicine was being practiced. But I thought that Iran and Thailand were theistic Countries, with Iran being the Nation of Islam rather than a State of Islam. So I do know that these 'duogendered' ideas were in their culture for a long time and they might be okay with it, but how is their Scriptures being able to 'support' that?

The countries that carry out the largest number of sex reassignment surgery operations are apparently Thailand and Iran, though in the latter many trans straights and non-trans homosexuals are pressured into surgery since homosexuality (as defined by genitalia) is illegal and punishable by death.

https://www.quora.com/Which-country-has-the-largest-transgender-population

My 'heart' and prayers and best 'hopes' go out to today's youths who have to face these sorts of pressures of sexuality for some odd reason or another. LORD, in The Name of Thy Only Begotten Son, (J)esus Christ, I ask Thee and ask Thee. Amen.

Surely, they are not dabbling with 'illicit' drugs, would they? Persons become very susceptible to very small inclinations when they do. Add to those 'impaired and lessened' awarenesses a male with long hair that walks by and makes some form of acquaintanceship.. Who knows what the person might 'feel' or 'think'?

1 Corinthians 11:14 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"

[Fath 48:26] Whereas the disbelievers had set up in their hearts an obstinacy - the same obstinacy of the days of ignorance

[48:27]

God has fulfilled His Messenger's vision in truth: "You will enter the Sacred Mosque, God willing, in security, heads shaven, or hair cut short, not fearing. He knew what you did not know, and has granted besides that an imminent victory."

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-verses-in-the-Koran-that-say-men-should-cut-their-hair

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
When those who disbelieved had put into their hearts chauvinism - the chauvinism of the time of ignorance. But Allah sent down His tranquillity upon His Messenger and upon the believers and imposed upon them the word of righteousness, and they were more deserving of it and worthy of it. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing.

[48:26]

[32:12]

If only you could see the guilty, bowing their heads before their Lord: "Our Lord, we have seen and we have heard, so send us back, and we will act righteously; we are now convinced."

[63:5]

And when it is said to them, "Come, the Messenger of God will ask forgiveness for you," they bend their heads, and you see them turning away arrogantly.

First the 'hair', then the ideas... Soon, the 'halal'?

[7:26]

O children of Adam! We have provided you with clothing to cover your bodies, and for luxury. But the clothing of piety—that is best. These are some of God's revelations, so that they may take heed.

Iran and Thailand are not Waikiki. So on the exact same note: How would Hawaii be able to 'justify' these sorts of things even with their own Hawaiian 'theology' if they decided to? This is definitely not of any Hawaiian Christian event, so how would Hawaii be able to 'justify' this using their own 'faith(s)' structures if they were asked to?

With so much anti Overthrow agenda that has been occurring in Hawaii, it is odd how these sorts of things are being overlooked while the 'heated' discussions/arguments of any 'illegal' overthrow is going on. What's the purposes of saying 'illegal, illegal' when you have 'drinking' off shore and smimming while drinking? Does Hawaii not penalize onboard drinking without a license? What about drinking and swimming? Was this vessel granted a 'day alcohol pass'?

Hundreds rescued from 'floatilla' off Waikiki, 10 taken to hospitals

One of those transported, a 19-year-old woman, was in critical condition while nine others were in serious condition.

Those who required medical care ranged in age from 17 to 26 years old.

The event came on a day when state Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement officers and other law enforcement agencies were out in force in Waikiki — and warning beachgoers about the dangers of mixing swimming and drinking.

"Everyday is challenging working along Waikiki Beach when so many people try to do so many things, but these big holidays are even more challenging because alcohol comes out," said DOCARE Chief Robert Farrell.

Hawaii law prohibits anyone from operating a vessel while intoxicated, but it is legal for those 21 and up to drink in the water.

If on the side of one, justly, then be on that side justly. If on the other side, justly, then be on that side.

But it should be done in Just and in Truth in Accordance to the well being of those that are seeking the improvements.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
@david-david
I don't think you can broadbrush 'theism' or what 'theistic' countries would do.
Thailand isn't Abrahamaic, so I'm really unsure what you mean by 'Scriptures' or how you are specifically thinking this violates them anyway.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Iran's policy is based on theistic ideas for reassignment surgery.

The policy is based on Islamic notions that gender is binary and that social responsibilities should be split between men and women. “If you’re born a man and your body is a female then in order to protect you and the wellbeing of society,” says Schumacher says, “the government is responsible for fixing the issue.”

In Iran, there's only one way to survive as a transgender person

As far as Buddhist Thailand goes, the attitude is based on the teachings of the Buddha.

Stay with loving kindness (Metta) and act out of goodwill.

Have compassion (karuna) knowing that all people suffer and offer help when you have strength.

Avoid perceptions of gender and personalities as that would lead to conditioned responses or worst still stereotyped reactions. So with mindfulness intact act with goodwill.

Theravada perspective on transgender people

Shad

Veteran Member
If Iran and Thailand are theistic Countries, how would they explain their non theistic ideas for allowing for sex reassignment surgery?

As the procedure is set in a religious context and mandatory. Iran forces people to change to match their sexual orientation based on heterosexuality. Gay men become women or are executed as homosexuality is punishable by death. Ergo there are no gay men nor women but straight women in men's bodies and vice-versa. It is a twist logic made palatable by omission. It is a religious based conformity which is also used in the dress code.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Iran forces people to change to match their sexual orientation based on heterosexuality. Gay men become women or are executed as homosexuality is punishable by death.
I am no expert on Iranian culture or Islam.
But that's how it looks to me. Iran forces gay men into sex change operations on pain of death. Because their religion forbids homosex, but not gender reassigning surgery.

I might be wrong, perhaps someone more familiar with Iran will explain.
Tom

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

'trans', for the lack of better words, has been in those cultures a lot longer than Modern medicine was being practiced. But I thought that Iran and Thailand were theistic Countries, with Iran being the Nation of Islam rather than a State of Islam. So I do know that these 'duogendered' ideas were in their culture for a long time and they might be okay with it, but how is their Scriptures being able to 'support' that?

The countries that carry out the largest number of sex reassignment surgery operations are apparently Thailand and Iran, though in the latter many trans straights and non-trans homosexuals are pressured into surgery since homosexuality (as defined by genitalia) is illegal and punishable by death.

https://www.quora.com/Which-country-has-the-largest-transgender-population

My 'heart' and prayers and best 'hopes' go out to today's youths who have to face these sorts of pressures of sexuality for some odd reason or another. LORD, in The Name of Thy Only Begotten Son, (J)esus Christ, I ask Thee and ask Thee. Amen.

Surely, they are not dabbling with 'illicit' drugs, would they? Persons become very susceptible to very small inclinations when they do. Add to those 'impaired and lessened' awarenesses a male with long hair that walks by and makes some form of acquaintanceship.. Who knows what the person might 'feel' or 'think'?

1 Corinthians 11:14 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"

[Fath 48:26] Whereas the disbelievers had set up in their hearts an obstinacy - the same obstinacy of the days of ignorance

[48:27]

God has fulfilled His Messenger's vision in truth: "You will enter the Sacred Mosque, God willing, in security, heads shaven, or hair cut short, not fearing. He knew what you did not know, and has granted besides that an imminent victory."

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-verses-in-the-Koran-that-say-men-should-cut-their-hair

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
When those who disbelieved had put into their hearts chauvinism - the chauvinism of the time of ignorance. But Allah sent down His tranquillity upon His Messenger and upon the believers and imposed upon them the word of righteousness, and they were more deserving of it and worthy of it. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing.

[48:26]

[32:12]

If only you could see the guilty, bowing their heads before their Lord: "Our Lord, we have seen and we have heard, so send us back, and we will act righteously; we are now convinced."

[63:5]

And when it is said to them, "Come, the Messenger of God will ask forgiveness for you," they bend their heads, and you see them turning away arrogantly.

First the 'hair', then the ideas... Soon, the 'halal'?

[7:26]

O children of Adam! We have provided you with clothing to cover your bodies, and for luxury. But the clothing of piety—that is best. These are some of God's revelations, so that they may take heed.

Iran and Thailand are not Waikiki. So on the exact same note: How would Hawaii be able to 'justify' these sorts of things even with their own Hawaiian 'theology' if they decided to? This is definitely not of any Hawaiian Christian event, so how would Hawaii be able to 'justify' this using their own 'faith(s)' structures if they were asked to?

With so much anti Overthrow agenda that has been occurring in Hawaii, it is odd how these sorts of things are being overlooked while the 'heated' discussions/arguments of any 'illegal' overthrow is going on. What's the purposes of saying 'illegal, illegal' when you have 'drinking' off shore and smimming while drinking? Does Hawaii not penalize onboard drinking without a license? What about drinking and swimming? Was this vessel granted a 'day alcohol pass'?

One of those transported, a 19-year-old woman, was in critical condition while nine others were in serious condition.

Those who required medical care ranged in age from 17 to 26 years old.

The event came on a day when state Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement officers and other law enforcement agencies were out in force in Waikiki — and warning beachgoers about the dangers of mixing swimming and drinking.

"Everyday is challenging working along Waikiki Beach when so many people try to do so many things, but these big holidays are even more challenging because alcohol comes out," said DOCARE Chief Robert Farrell.

Hawaii law prohibits anyone from operating a vessel while intoxicated, but it is legal for those 21 and up to drink in the water.

If on the side of one, justly, then be on that side justly. If on the other side, justly, then be on that side.

But it should be done in Just and in Truth in Accordance to the well being of those that are seeking the improvements.

Contemporary science and recognizing the diversity human sexuality is replacing the ancient archaic view of sexuality.

Shad

Veteran Member
But that's how it looks to me. Iran forces gay men into sex change operations on pain of death. Because their religion forbids homosex, but not gender reassigning surgery.

Tom

What I had post was drawn from TG and gay Iranians talking about their situations to the media.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Tom
That's a pretty good summation of what I've read. It seems like a pretty good object lesson in what happens when you take blind adherence to the letter, rather than spirit, of the law to an absurd extreme.