• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If impressive extraterrestrials came and offered earth a unique religion, would you convert

amorphous_constellation

And by this I mean not a worship of them or their king, but perhaps an actual textual system, wherein you connect to a metaphysical force beyond pangalactic beings. By impressive, I mean successful in many things mankind has yet to master.

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

Maybe they tried that back in the time of the first Zoroastrians? Perhaps they got disgusted and moved on?

Daemon Sophic

If they offered techniques by which I might communicate with knowledgeable and wise “metaphysical pangalactic beings”, then sure, I would try to talk to those beings and learn more about them. :):cool:

I would never refer to that as a “religion” though. It would simply be alien communications tech. ;)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would start to wonder if the impressive extraterrestrials were just as impressive with other extraterrestrials.

I mean I could be talking to an extraterrestrial version of O' Ron Hubbard for all I know who is on the lam from the galactic authorities.

InChrist

Free4ever
And by this I mean not a worship of them or their king, but perhaps an actual textual system, wherein you connect to a metaphysical force beyond pangalactic beings. By impressive, I mean successful in many things mankind has yet to master.
Maybe you are not aware of it, but the Bible indicates that something along these lines will occur and will be the message of the antichrist which humanity will accept with open arms.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Depends on what they offer. Religion has to benefit me, otherwise there is no point in it.

Ellen Brown

Maybe you are not aware of it, but the Bible indicates that something along these lines will occur and will be the message of the antichrist which humanity will accept with open arms.

I wonder how many humans will remain with the Lord? The JW say 144000 will go to heaven, but then some from Earth will turn to God. I'm hoping that I will not live to see all that, but intend to do God's will while I remain living.

I'm not hostile to certain Animistic ideas because of my half Native American heritage.

Daemon Sophic

I'm talking about a set of practices that would be pretty much commensurate with our standard human definition of religion.
That would imply that the aliens give us devices by which (they say) we can talk to the ineffable, yet no (measurable) response from the ineffable ever comes back.
Like prayers.

In that case. No thanks.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Maybe it has already happened?

This is a site I stumbled upon recently -

Over the years, many individuals have related wisdom shared with them during a contact experience with the higher Extraterrestrials (ETs). Most of those forms of contact involve either a physical contact or a meeting of the awareness as in mind to mind contact. We find in paranormal literature, two major categories of physical contact experiences - those that are overwhelming fearful and negative and those which can be considered positive. The negative experiences are usually related to the so called "abduction" scenario, characterised by fear, forced examinations, medical procedures, lost time and lost memory. In contrast, contact with positive ETs usually leaves a feeling of blissful well being and often involves the feeling of a flow of love and understanding from the ET. However even positive ET experiences can prove to be fearful for the person who has no context of understanding to make sense of them, and these experiences are often repressed only to be uncovered years later through hypnotic regression. Those who have made contact with positive ETs are often given a message of wisdom to pass along to the remainder of humanity.

Besides direct contact, another source of wisdom from higher ETs is through the phenomenon of channeling, or inner contact. Many individuals who have centered their awareness in the inner self through meditation or the quieting of the active mind, have experienced a soul to soul contact with higher ET beings. They may have intentionally volunteered themselves to be conduits for this type of communication, or they may have been selected for the purity and accuracy of the channel. In either case, people have recorded the thoughts and concepts that have come through such communication, passing them along to the rest of humanity.

This section will present ET wisdom gained both by direct contact and by conceptual transfer through selected individuals (channeling).

The Wisdom of the Higher Extraterrestrials

All the best & thanks for the thread!

amorphous_constellation

That would imply that the aliens give us devices by which (they say) we can talk to the ineffable, yet no (measurable) response from the ineffable ever comes back.
Hypothetically the strategies they have to connect to the effable are highly advanced and do not lack the incentive of receiving possible divine benefit. Though as I said earlier, we cannot assume it would be easy

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I would opt for the Electric Koolaid acid test.

If they are fun to trip with, then maybe.

I’m already a Pan_galactic being. I opt for an obscure life in a meat suit because the only goal for any intelligent being is to get relatively comfortable, eternity being what it is.

There is no higher state than sitting by the river on a sunny day.

Wandering Monk

If it was based on magical thinking, I would NOT convert.

Ellen Brown

I hadn't thought of that. That sounds like an interesting theory to expand on.

That, OR perhaps God is "breeding" humanity to reach a genetic goal? Right now, I believe that Homo Sapiens is a disgusting super predator. Is that what God wants, and why? It is doubtful to me that He needs us to be that way to defeat satan, the evil one. I do not know if we are near the point of completion, or if humanity is just in one of our icky phases before we become more pleasing to God?

In Archeological past history, there is lots of evidence of a battle going on in the air. To what ends?

In my Evangelical past there were lots of things that needed to happen, and Trump and the EU do things that frighten me. I don't think that Russia or China need to attack us. Perhaps they will just fight over the remains of the West? If you study History seriously, you will see that Colonialism by Europe, England and America has been a vicious and destructive world force.