• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Imperial Germany won WW1

Shad

Veteran Member
Sounds interesting. Is there a peaceful(defensive)/builder type of play that's worth it in hoi4 at all?

No. The game is a war sim at the core. The Civilization series would be the games to play due to non-war/conquest victory conditions.

The mod just changes the setting for the war based on who won the first world war along with the implementation of the state system cited by a user previously. Instead of Nazi Germany starting WW2 it is communist Europe such a France or the Free French (Republic/Colonial) trying to take France back.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
"The EU is nothing but the fulfillment of the Funk Plan, (Funk was the minister of the Economy of the 3rd Reich). It dealt with making Germany the leading industrial power, by boycotting Italy's industry and forcing Italians to specialize in agriculture and tourism only. All currencies were supposed to behave like the German Mark"

P. Savona, It. Minister
Lol, you're just mad that no one cares about Italy but Italians. Italy is almost as irrelevant as Greece on the world stage. If you left the EU, no one would care. Face it, the Northern barbarians defeated you over a millenia and a half ago and that ain't changing anytime soon. :D

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Lol, you're just mad that no one cares about Italy but Italians. Italy is almost as irrelevant as Greece on the world stage. If you left the EU, no one would care. Face it, the Northern barbarians defeated you over a millenia and a half ago and that ain't changing anytime soon. :D

No...honestly I'm mad at Merkel and Macron who have been doing anything to keep Britain inside the EU.
Because once the UK is out, the insane dream of a federal Europe is over....and many people will either have a stroke or commit suicide

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No...honestly I'm mad at Merkel and Macron who have been doing anything to keep Britain inside the EU.
Because once the UK is out, the insane dream of a federal Europe is over....and many people will either have a stroke or commit suicide
Dammit, I was trying to tease you and you didn't take the bait. How dare you. :mad: (I'm drunk, lol.)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, the Roman Catholic Church still continues to be the most powerful, influential, and enduring Institution. The Roman Empire arguably lives on in different ways. They really shaped western civilization in so many ways.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, the Roman Catholic Church still continues to be the most powerful, influential, and enduring Institution. The Roman Empire arguably lives on in different ways. They really shaped western civilization in so many ways.
It's not that powerful or influential anymore. It's lost most of Europe and is in decline. (The Irish have dropped it like a bad habit.) Even in its Latin American stronghold, Pentecostalism is growing.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It's not that powerful or influential anymore. It's lost most of Europe and is in decline. (The Irish have dropped it like a bad habit.) Even in its Latin American stronghold, Pentecostalism is growing.
Yes but the Catholic Church still owns more schools, missions, and hospitals than other institutions. There are 1.2 billion Catholics in our world and a lot of people actually care about what the Pope says for example ( even those who are not even Catholic.)

the Capitol building in walking distance from me is modeled after St Peter's Basilica. It's dome is identical. Catholicism still even influences architecture.

Yes, Catholicism is a bit outdated, but there are people like me who are very skeptic of what the church teaches , who still pray a lot of rosaries, liturgies, and the mass and Holy communion. I just put a big crucifix on my wall today as well. Yet, according to most people, I'm not Catholic.
My spirituality more resembles Shintoism, but Catholicism is very vital to me as well. I just don't agree with lots of what the church teaches.

Still, the church fascinates me and is a very powerful force in my life. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has those feelings.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes but the Catholic Church still owns more schools, missions, and hospitals than other institutions. There are 1.2 billion Catholics in our world and a lot of people actually care about what the Pope says for example ( even those who are not even Catholic.)

the Capitol building in walking distance from me is modeled after St Peter's Basilica. It's dome is identical. Catholicism still even influences architecture.

Yes, Catholicism is a bit outdated, but there are people like me who are very skeptic of what the church teaches , who still pray a lot of rosaries, liturgies, and the mass and Holy communion. I just put a big crucifix on my wall today as well. Yet, according to most people, I'm not Catholic.
My spirituality more resembles Shintoism, but Catholicism is very vital to me as well. I just don't agree with lots of what the church teaches.

Still, the church fascinates me and is a very powerful force in my life. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has those feelings.
Yes, Catholicism is a big aesthetic influence in various fields and people of various opinions pay attention to the Pope of Rome. I do, just to see if he's going to say anything good or stupid. That 1.2 billion number would be inflated as that's basically counting the number of baptized Catholics, not how many actually affiliate with the religion or go to church.

What I meant by Catholicism not being that powerful or influencial anymore is that it hasn't stopped things like secularism, liberalism, LGBT rights, abortion rights, divorce rights, etc. from growing in acceptance, even in Catholic countries. The Church has lost control of the morality of the people. People go to Mass and enjoy that but it ends there for a lot of people.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's exactly what I was doing before I posted this! Praying it in Latin.
I wasn't being sarcastic, either. You need to make a choice every day about what is more important to you - being alive or not. If you want to continue to live, continue to turn towards the things that sustain you.

The Middle East would likely be in a better shape. Many of its problems are due to the dismemberment of the Ottoman Empire after the war and the great powers' subsequent administrations.

Hard to tell really, many similar problems would have arisen during the decolonisation movements that would have undoubtedly appeared sooner or later (even if we assume they successfully crushed the ongoing uprisings). You would still have the ethnic and religious divides to be negotiated as the Ottoman Empire (violently) collapsed or broke itself up willingly.

Whether it would have been better or worse is unknowable as there are too many variables that could have massive implications. This is a region that had never really existed as modern countries after all, so these would have to be formed in a somewhat artificial manner regardless, and unlikely in a manner that pleased all involved.