• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If humans are made in the image of God why not make it so that...

Jos

If humans are made in the image of God why not make it so that we can't be anymore?
Why not make it so that a person's status as an image bearer of God is revoked if they don't want it anymore?
I thought God cared about giving people choices.

danieldemol

Premium Member
If humans are made in the image of God why not make it so that we can't be anymore?
Why not make it so that a person's status as an image bearer of God is revoked if they don't want it anymore?
According to my understanding being made in the image of God means being made virtuous and humans do have the choice to put off or revoke the virtues which is the same as revoking or putting off the spiritual image of God

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
That's actually a good question.

Reactions: Jos

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

As i understand it, its god who is made in the image of humans and some of those humans dont believe in choice if it in any way deflates their bubble.

LightofTruth

image.jpg
The image of God

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
He did; we can; he did.

LightofTruth

In the spiritual image or in the physical image? (Hint, if you answer physical your god is logically a man)
What God formed from the earth was called man. And the man, even before he was given the breath of life, was the image of God. Look what the text says:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his (the man) nostrils the breath of life; and man(the image of God) became a living soul.

Jos

According to my understanding being made in the image of God means being made virtuous and humans do have the choice to put off or revoke the virtues which is the same as revoking or putting off the spiritual image of God
That's unfortunate. But isn't virtuous a subjective value judgement? If God is all-powerful then why couldn't He just give us that choice?

Jos

Sure you can, it's called suicide.
No, you can't since being made in the image of God means that your soul gets judged in the afterlife and that means that you'll end in up hell since suicide is supposedly a sin, so there doesn't seem to be a way out.