1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured If god was female

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by JJ50, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +13,249
    That sounds familiar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Brickjectivity

Brickjectivity Veteran Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,294
    Religion:
    liber-scripta grim Christian
    She does seem a bit upset about sharing Abe, but Hagar is such a harsh sounding name. Sarah sounds so whistle-y and la la. Hagar's got that 'Guh' and that 'Arr' in it, like a pirate named her. Its growly.

Life might have sucked for you a little bit back then. We would not send you back in time without a few books to read and some aspirin. Also maybe some crossword puzzles.

These are very interesting and horrible parts. I think these actions are not encouraged but are more like horror stories. We men are pretty loathsome sometimes, but we also hate the concept of rape. We are a mixed bag, sort of vicariously self loathing. Anyway...I do not think its meant to justify rape. At least I hope not.

3. Windwalker

Windwalker Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,920
    Religion:
    Love, Light, and Life
    I wonder if there are any studies to support this view that conservative women suffer from Stockholm syndrome and that that is what influences their voting records? Can you point me to that research?

4. allfoak

allfoak Alchemist

Ratings:
    +1,620
    Religion:
    My Life
    It is like a family unit.
    Everyone is separate by also united as one.
    Or of course the example of sex for the purpose of procreating is a better example.
    The two come together as one and create another in their own image.

5. allfoak

allfoak Alchemist

Ratings:
    +1,620
    Religion:
    My Life
    I have never heard that before.
    I have always understood that the Earth and Moon are sisters and the Sun and Saturn are the twin brothers.

6. dewanand

dewanand New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Religion:
    Hindu Fundamentalist, our new Hindu sect is Dewanism
    Interesting topic.

In the newest abstract model I was able to think beyond this problem.

The thing we call God is an abstraction, and I see this different now, it's relative and absolute.

I must do a lot of homework coming months on this theme.

• Like Like x 1
  7. allfoak

allfoak Alchemist

Ratings:
    +1,620
    Religion:
    My Life
    How about instead of thinking about God as an idea, what about thinking of God as the place where ideas come from?
    The mind.
    God would then be seen as living mind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. roger1440

roger1440 I do stuff

Ratings:
    +970
    Religion:
    Christian
    If God was a female there would have been another commandment, “Thou shall not leave the toilet seat up”.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Alan McDougall

Ratings:
    +10
    God does not have a sexual gender, but he does have the mind of a male leader
    Remember the bible says that 'God is not a man"

10. KenS

KenS Face to face with my Father
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,106
    Religion:
    Judeo/Christian
    That is an opinion. A lot of suppositions on your opening statement but you have every right to have them all.

Yes, you are correct that many women featured were not treated well. But in the beginning it was not so.

Women are equal to men. Certainly there are extreme male gendered people who "demand"-- using all types of excuses. Could be by using the Bible (I wonder why you specifically say Bible and not other books too) or they may use other reasons. But just as equally, there are extreme female gendered people who do the same thing using Bibles or using other things. When one wants an excuse, anything can be created.

This is very true. It was how God had designed it.
    Religion always binds people. Jesus had a big problem with religious people. But one could also say that people can be trapped by their anti-faith positions. It's just however you want to make it.

11. CCXLVI.

CCXLVI. New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    The very first God documented was a female Goddess.

12. viole

viole Ontological Naturalist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,036
    Religion:
    Gnostic Atheism
    Is the word "god" equivalent to the word "g-d"?

If no, then your argument is moot.
    If yes, then why do you use the latter and not the former?

Ciao

- viole

13. Tumah

Tumah Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,425
    Religion:
    Mega-Super-Ultra-Orthodox Judaism
    Yes.
    We don't pronounce or write G-d's names in Hebrew in mundane circumstances. That just got carried over into English when writing the word "god" when referring to G-d as a way of being respectful.

14. viole

viole Ontological Naturalist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,036
    Religion:
    Gnostic Atheism
    Yes, but why? Is "God" unrespectful?

And what is G-d thinking about that? Something like: Oh, he used "-" instead of "o". Good b-y. I would be pissed off otherwise.

And what do you do when you pray? You say something like "jeoh-ah"?

Ciao

- viole

15. suncowiam

suncowiam Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,286
    I like to think of God as a white male with long blond hair in white robe with his hands apart waiting for a big hug from somebody else other than me because he's always staring pass me.

16. Tumah

Tumah Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,425
    Religion:
    Mega-Super-Ultra-Orthodox Judaism
    Its not that that's saying the word is not respectful, but that its a way of showing respect. I don't call my parents by their names out of respect, instead I call them by their titles. With G-d, I take it a step further and avoid calling (or writing) His title in mundane situations.

I can't tell you what my wife is thinking. How should I know what G-d is? I'm not doing it because He told me to, I'm doing it because I want to.

We never pronounce the Tetragrammaton as its spelled, we replace it with Ad-nai when we need to say it in prayers or studies. And like I said, we only avoid it in mundane situations. Prayer and study are the exceptions.

17. neologist

neologist Member

Ratings:
    +28
    God is referred to as a male because He refers to Himself as male. His very name, Yahweh, or Jehovah, literally means "He who causes to become". He refers to his relationship with the nation of Israel as one of husband and wife. Additionally, those who will reign in heaven with the Christ are referred to as the "bride of Christ".

That does not mean that women are to be secondary to men. Rather they are to be as complements to men, providing the qualities that men lack. Discerning men understand this. Others should re submit their applications.

18. Baroodi

Baroodi Active Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Religion:
    Muslim
    A female composure is affected by her nature which fills her usually with emotions. This is true even for animals where a cow can face threats to save a veals.

19. Electus de Lumine

Electus de Lumine Magician of Light

Ratings:
    +91
    Religion:
    Luciferianism
    Thank you for restating what I already said.

Please address this part.

20. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,302
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    For Christians, this is at the heart of all human conflict......what we "personally want".

In the beginning, humans were given free will....a wonderful gift that would allow them much freedom of choice in all avenues of life. BUT the Creator set reasonable limits as to its use. The choices were limited to where one person's freedom impinged on another's. The first humans failed to take that memo on board and allowed themselves to be swayed into abusing their freedom to choose, taking something that did not belong to them and in turn causing others to do the same. When one person's will is exercised to the detriment of others, nothing good can come of it. Personal conflicts and even wars can be the result......violence and murder can then be the outcomes as we can clearly see in the world today and down through history.

Humans are not good decision makers because they want more freedom that their Creator offered them. But he knew best and they had to learn the hard way that God is always right. Too much personal freedom results in a multitude of problems. :(

Now we get into the global selfishness that is the cause of most of these problems. Corrupt human rulership is responsible for this. The old saying "power corrupts" is an understatement.
    God never intended for humans to rule themselves....they were supposed to be ruled by their Maker, who knows their needs better than anyone. The trouble is, humans mistake 'wants' for 'needs'.

The issue of sovereignty cannot be underestimated here. The Creator has rightful Sovereignty over all his creation, whether people accept him as their ruler or not. The reason why they experience any hardship at all is because of human greed and selfishness....in the political world, the commercial world and in the religious sphere where the hierarchy never go without anything. They will sacrifice anything or anyone on the alter of wealth and power....and still sleep well at night. They have no conscience.The Bible tells us why. (1 John 5:19)

The poor need never be hungry because there is plenty of food for all.....but for the sake of profit, nations that have too much refuse to share or to give food to the hungry because they will lose money......is losing money more important than losing lives? Apparently so......and yet the populations are led to believe that it is the superior system of government. Is it? [​IMG] Why are there so many homeless?

The reason why women have to work is because capitalism dictates that profit must come before people. The rich get richer whilst the poor are expected to pay more than they earn just to exist. Don't get sick because the medicine they will recommend costs more than you earn in a year! The inequality is disgusting. Human greed knows no bounds.

World leaders live in palatial dwellings whilst the needy stand outside their gates begging for help that never comes.

This problem is not local...its global, and all humans are suffering because other humans do not follow the recommendations laid out in the Bible for how to treat our fellow man.

If everyone just followed the "Golden Rule" to treat others as they would like to be treated themselves....there would never be a disadvantaged person found in this world.....help would be available to all. Food would be plentiful and no one would have to leave their children to eke out an existence in poverty and ill health.

Should we hold our breath waiting for man to fix this mess......? :shrug: He appears to be in no hurry to collectively do anything about it. We hear dire warnings about pollution and climate change and still they go on poisoning our world.

The only hope we have for positive change is the Kingdom of God that Jesus taught his disciples to pray for. This is not some mysterious place in heaven where good people go after they die, but a real government that will take over rulership of this whole planet and make sure that 'God's will is done on earth as it is in heaven'. (Matthew 6:9-10; Revelation 21:2-4; Daniel 2:44)

I am thankful not to have to rely on man for my future.....[​IMG] This is what gives me hope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1