• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God spoke directly to everyone...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"If I remember correctly your religion is entirely based upon the alleged spiritual experiences of one man. Of whom you have no idea if they are valid or not. But you believe them only because you are told to believe them to be "true".
I was not TOLD to believe anything. I investigated my religion and chose to believe it was true.
So that leaves the only reason you believe one unproven spiritual experience over all others, is because you are told what to believe, that NO OTHER spiritual experiences are valid.
I was not TOLD to believe anything. I investigated my religion and chose to believe it was true.

The reason I believe Baha'u'llah's spiritual experience over all others is because He did not just have a claim; He had *evidence* to back up His claim.

“Say: The first and foremost testimony establishing His truth is His own Self. Next to this testimony is His Revelation. For whoso faileth to recognize either the one or the other He hath established the words He hath revealed as proof of His reality and truth. This is, verily, an evidence of His tender mercy unto men.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 105

Last edited:

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

The reason I believe Baha'u'llah's spiritual experience over all others is because He did not just have a claim; He had *evidence* to back up His claim.

“Say: The first and foremost testimony establishing His truth is His own Self. Next to this testimony is His Revelation. For whoso faileth to recognize either the one or the other He hath established the words He hath revealed as proof of His reality and truth. This is, verily, an evidence of His tender mercy unto men.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 105

What the hell???!!!

That's no more "proof" then the Christian's claim that their book came from "god" because it says so.

So what are you doing here, playing word games also like the Christians love to play?

Told, read, same thing. You blindly believe his personal spiritual experience over everyone else's only because your religion tells you to believe it, no, maybe not verbally, but written down as part of it's dogma. Geez...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What the hell???!!!

That's no more "proof" then the Christian's claim that their book came from "god" because it says so.

So what are you doing here, playing word games also like the Christians love to play?

Told, read, same thing. You blindly believe his personal spiritual experience over everyone else's only because your religion tells you to believe it, no, maybe not verbally, but written down as part of it's dogma. Geez...
I believe in the spiritual experiences of all the Messengers of God, not only Baha'u'llah.

Bob the Unbeliever

Rants full of raging hatred without any facts are not considered valid debating tactics.

Indeed: It is good that you self-describe your ugly posts to me, as in the above.

Nice Job! Perhaps if you'd tone down your hateful projection, for next time?

No? You don't see how hateful your previous post was?

Yeah... I know. That's the problem, isn't it?

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
I believe in the spiritual experiences of all the Messengers of God, not only Baha'u'llah.

So let me guess, and these "spiritual experiences of all the Messengers of God" are only those written down in your religion's dogma?

And because this dogma tells you to believe in them and no others?

Doesn't your dogma state that "Baha'u'llah" was the LAST person that your "god" ever spoke to?

So how can you believe in others?

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Indeed: It is good that you self-describe your ugly posts to me, as in the above.

Nice Job! Perhaps if you'd tone down your hateful projection, for next time?

No? You don't see how hateful your previous post was?

Yeah... I know. That's the problem, isn't it?

Ha, ha, ha...

You spewed out BILE at me and now spew out even more with these hateful false claims.

Why are you so full of hate and rage just because someone won't buy into your little know nothing attacks upon their beliefs?

If you think I care about your non-belief antics, just to be clear, I don't.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So let me guess, and these "spiritual experiences of all the Messengers of God" are only those written down in your religion's dogma?
No, they are written down in all the scriptures of all religions.
And because this dogma tells you to believe in them and no others?
No, we are told to believe in all of them because they all originated from the same God.
Doesn't your dogma state that "Baha'u'llah" was the LAST person that your "god" ever spoke to?
My religion states that Baha'u'llah is the most *current* Messenger, but He is not the *last* Messenger God will ever send. There is no last Messenger.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

If only you could see how foolish your word games come across to others.

You don't even realize that you keep chasing your tail. As you are going around in circles here. For as I've said before when this debate got going, yes, you blindly believe in your religion because of what they tell you to believe/written down somewhere. You are admitting that in your very first line but don't even see it. Sad that.

No, we are told to believe in all of them because they all originated from the same God.

SEE!!!

You FINALLY admit that:

"we are told to believe in all of them"

Just like I kept on telling you! You believe in your dogma because you are told to believe in it.

It was like pulling teeth, but there it is for all to see!

My religion states that Baha'u'llah is the most *current* Messenger, but He is not the *last* Messenger God will ever send. There is no last Messenger.

I believe you stated otherwise many months ago, but I'll have to let it slide because I have no way of going back that far trying to find your comments on it.

But STILL, you reject ALL other's spiritual experiences until what, someone writes it down and tells you to believe it because it's written down as a "religious dogma"?

Shad

Veteran Member

You mean the ones your "Messenger" knew about. After he didn't uncover anything that was not already knowledge that was attainable from an education. No long lost religion, no future religion. A notice lack of anything about religions in the Western Hemisphere that were not imported

You were going about choice but now you are told to believe. See the problem?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But STILL, you reject ALL other's spiritual experiences until what, someone writes it down and tells you to believe it because it's written down as a "religious dogma"?
Told to believe does not mean ordered.... it means enjoined, but only after one is a believer.
There is no religious dogma, only scriptures.
No, I reject "personal" l spiritual experiences that have nothing to back them up ~~

No revelation, no scriptures, no mission from God = no Prophet.

Last edited:

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Told to believe does not mean ordered.... it means enjoined, but only after one is a believer.
There is no religious dogma, only scriptures.
No, I reject "personal" l spiritual experiences that have nothing to back them up ~~

No revelation, no scriptures, no mission from God = no Prophet.

Ha, ha, ha...

It's now apparent that you are more trying to play mind games with yourself than trying to convince me. Because you just keep reverberating back to me exactly what I keep saying, that you believe in your religions dogma because you are TOLD to believe it, and blindly believe it because someone wrote down the claim that it's from "god".

Now don't try back peddling now. You clearly stated in your other post that you are TOLD what to believe, in writing.

Therefore, according to you, everyone who writes down a bunch of fake "spiritual" writings HAVE to be believed because they TELL you to believe it in writing. Ha, by that standard you HAVE to believe in ALL religions/mythologies. Because they ALL make some type of "It came from "god"" exclusiveness claim.

What is blocking your mind so you cannot see this?