• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God is our Father

Redemptionsong

1. It came from the one whose power, will, and authority alone himself raised Christ from the dead.

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Act 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

2. However for you to try and circumvent or deny the intention of what is written, to make Christ the only true God, you will try to use the Gospel of Christ to be subtil or imply that The Son did his own works, will, etc; Thereby making the argument circular which i grow tired of.

Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. '

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Joh 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

3. At the end of the day if we do the will of God we will understand whether it is of God himself or of another speaking of his own self.

Joh 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Here we go again. More passages of scripture that demonstrate that God is able to dwell on earth with men!

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

If you accept this scripture above, why do you not also accept this scripture, below?

John 2:19-21.'Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
But he spake of the temple of his body.'

Jesus claims that the Spirit of God in him will be the resurrection power. Do you deny this scripture?

Acts 5:31. Jesus is described as a Saviour in heaven. Is there any other Saviour than God?

Acts 5:32. God sends the Holy Spirit. Is this Spirit the same Holy Spirit as God himself is made of? If it is, then men are receiving the indwelling of God's own Spirit. It's also Christ's Spirit. Hence, Father, Son and Holy Spirit - one Spirit.

Redemptionsong

I think His years approaching manhood would have been like any other

and that would allow fingerpointing

some of that happened anyway......
Do we not know this Man?.....are not His brothers and sisters here with us now?

and it seems having ANY blood relationship causes people to doubt His ability to speak
on behalf of His Father

oh oh

We can never hope to know much about a man who appears only as a character in a history book. Thankfully, Jesus Christ is living, and able to make himself known to us through the Holy Spirit. It's an intimate knowledge, generated between the head, Christ, and the body, the true Church!

Iymus

Here we go again. More passages of scripture that demonstrate that God is able to dwell on earth with men!

1. :expressionless::facepalm:
Verse that demonstrated God raised up his only begotten son and will also raise us up by his own power.
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

If you accept this scripture above, why do you not also accept this scripture, below?

John 2:19-21.'Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
But he spake of the temple of his body.'

Joh 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Joh 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Jesus claims that the Spirit of God in him will be the resurrection power. Do you deny this scripture?

3. First and Foremost the Spirit of God is of the lord who is greater which is The Heavenly Father. Also you provided no scripture references so I neither affirm or deny at this time.

Acts 5:31. Jesus is described as a Saviour in heaven. Is there any other Saviour than God?

4. Many appointed Saviours are describe as Saviours. Lord God gave many in old testament

Neh 9:27 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

5. God our Father appointed Saviour in New Testament yet you seek not the honour that cometh from him only. Also God is never a prince.

Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

1Jn 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

1. :expressionless::facepalm:

Joh 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

3. First and Foremost the Spirit of God is of the lord who is greater which is The Heavenly Father. Also you provided no scripture references so I neither affirm or deny at this time.

4. Many appointed Saviours are describe as Saviours. Lord God gave many in old testament

Neh 9:27 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

5. God our Father appointed Saviour in New Testament yet you seek not the honour that cometh from him only. Also God is never a prince.

1Jn 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

In John 5:30, Jesus says, 'I can of myself do nothing:' So, the Son always follows the will of his Father. How is this possible? Jesus is able to do this because he has the same Spirit within him, communicating with his soul. He follows the will of his Father in Spirit and in truth. This actually proves the point that the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God. The only reason that the Son is able to do the works of God perfectly is because he shares the same Spirit and his soul is obedient, even unto death.

Isaiah 43:11 and Hosea 13:4 both state that God is the only [eternal] Saviour. Eternal salvation is unlike the earthly salvation we find in Nehemiah. Only God is able to save a man from corruption. Yet, it says in Ephesians 5:23, 'Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.'

This means that just as the Father has eternal life in himself, so too does the Son [John 5:26] because he has received this eternal life [Holy Spirit] from his Father. The Son is able to give this eternal life [Holy Spirit] to the church, his body [Ephesians 5:23]

1 John 5:12. 'He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.'

Jeremiah Ames

Have we not all one Father?
Yes
Has not one God created us?
Yes

Now, let's return to the scriptures to see what is revealed about the nature of Jesus Christ.

From this we should be able to work out where our differences lie.

Mary, a virgin, conceived a son by the Holy Spirit [Luke 1:35].

There was no male human seed involved [Luke 1:34].

Jesus was made under the law, a human being [Galatians 4:4].

A human being consists of a body, soul and spirit [1 Thess. 5:23]. Jesus had all three.

Jesus, as a Jew, attended synagogue [Luke 4:16] and prayed to his heavenly Father. Jesus followed the law revealed to Moses but even at a young age understood his special relationship with God his Father [Luke 2:49]

Luke 2:52 states, 'And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.'

In the first thirty years of his life Jesus was a mortal, living in a corruptible body [Acts 13:34], with a soul and spirit dedicated to serving the one God, his Father.

Did Jesus live righteously under the law? Yes, he carried no sin by inheritance and he lived a wholly righteous life. For this reason his Father was able to say, 'Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.' [Luke 3:22]

It is at this point, when Jesus is about thirty, that he is anointed with the Holy Spirit as Messiah [see 2 Samuel 5:4,5], receiving the fulness of the Godhead bodily [Colossians 2:9], the Spirit of God without measure [John 3:34]. So Jesus, now the Christ [Matthew 1:16], is fully man yet also fully God. The title Christ denotes the anointing with the Spirit of God [2 Cor. 5:19, 1 Cor.10:2-4]. This same Spirit was with the Israelites in the Exodus.

During his ministry, Jesus Christ demonstrates in words and deeds that he has received the full authority of God his Father [Mark 2:7]; but Jesus Christ remains fully human. He still prays to his Father, as a Son [John 17:20,21]. He still draws on the strength of his Father [Luke 22;42-44]. Why? Because the Spirit of God is like a fountain of living water. It pours forth as a constant stream from the Father to the Son.

At crucifixion, Jesus died. His body and soul descended into the grave. At crucifixion, before he died, he bore the sin of mankind in his body. At this time, darkness was over all the earth [Luke 23:44] and Jesus called out My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me? [Matthew 27:46; Psalm 22] God's Spirit left his body and did not return until Jesus was resurrected from the dead [John 2:19-21], three days and nights later.

At resurrection, God, the Father, says of His Son,' Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.' [Psalm 2; Rev.1:5] Jesus was the firstfruits of the harvest. A body and soul made immortal by the living Spirit of God.

At his ascension to heaven [Daniel 7:13,14] Jesus Christ [Body incorruptible, Soul and Holy Spirit] sits at the right hand of his Father, and is given all authority over things in heaven and on earth 'that all should serve him'.[Hebrews 1:13,14; Hebrews 2:8]

It is from heaven that the Father, through the Son, sends the gift of Holy Spirit [Galatians 4] that all men might become sons of God. When they do become sons of God, by receiving the Spirit of Christ, they are able to pray to their Father in the name of the Son, Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 3:16. 'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?'

What is it here that you disagree with?
I don’t know if I disagree.
Just want to clarify one thing.
When you pray to the “Father in the name of the Son, Jesus Christ”, are you praying DIRECTLY to Jesus Christ or to the Father?

Redemptionsong

I don’t know if I disagree.
Just want to clarify one thing.
When you pray to the “Father in the name of the Son, Jesus Christ”, are you praying DIRECTLY to Jesus Christ or to the Father?

Since I am praying from within the body of Christ, I pray directly to the Father. Using the name of Christ as part of the prayer indicates that I am recognizing Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour. It was the baptism brought by Jesus Christ that enables me to stand within his body and claim sonship rights.

I do believe that calling on the Lord Jesus Christ brings an answer also! Jesus Christ is enthroned in heaven alongside his Father, and their will is one.

I have less faith in prayers that are directed generally at God, without any recognition, or knowledge, of God's saving grace.

Iymus

'Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.'

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jeremiah Ames

Yes, we only have the one record in the Bible of his boyhood, when he was twelve.

Do you think that God would not have recorded these early years had they been significant to his plan of salvation?
Yes, we only have the one record in the Bible of his boyhood, when he was twelve.

Do you think that God would not have recorded these early years had they been significant to his plan of salvation?

Since I am praying from within the body of Christ, I pray directly to the Father. Using the name of Christ as part of the prayer indicates that I am recognizing Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour. It was the baptism brought by Jesus Christ that enables me to stand within his body and claim sonship rights.

I do believe that calling on the Lord Jesus Christ brings an answer also! Jesus Christ is enthroned in heaven alongside his Father, and their will is one.

I have less faith in prayers that are directed generally at God, without any recognition, or knowledge, of God's saving grace.
ok
So what is the answer to my question?
In simple terms please, as if I were a child.

Redemptionsong

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

lymus, do you think God has come to dwell on earth with men?

If yes, when and how did he appear?

If no, does this mean that Jesus Christ did not have the Spirit of God in him?

MJFlores

There's a temptation to skim over a verse like this without giving it due attention. Just because it says 'Christ Jesus, himself human' does not mean that he was only human.

giphy.gif

How many bible translations do you need to categorically define the nature of the Lord Jesus Christ?
How many bible verses do you need to once and for all underscore that Christ Jesus is not God?

Definitely Jesus Christ is not a mere human being.

Jesus is the Christ of God

We should accept Jesus as the Christ of God:

“But what about you? he asked. ‘Who do you say I am?’ Peter answered, ‘The Christ of God.’” (Luke 9:20 NIV)

The Bible clearly stated that “Jesus is the Christ of God.” If Jesus is God, then God (Jesus) is the Christ of God. This is an absurdity. Thus, let us stick to what the Bible teaches about Jesus, that He is “the Christ of God.”

Jesus is not the one true God because he is the Christ of God.

Jesus as the Son of God

We should accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God:

“Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16 NIV)

Although the apostles teach that Jesus is the Son of the living God, however, the Bible also tells us that Jesus, the Son of God, is a man:

“And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, ‘Surely THIS MAN WAS THE SON OF GOD!’” (Mark 15:39, NIV, emphasis mine).

Thus, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is the Son of the living God, and not the living God.

Jesus as Lord

We should accept Jesus Christ as our Lord:

“So, all the people of Israel should know this truly: GOD HAS MADE JESUS — THE MAN YOU NAILED TO THE CROSS — BOTH LORD AND CHRIST.” (Acts 2:36, New Century Version, emphasis mine)

Christ’s lordship does not prove that He is God, because if so: (1) God (Jesus) is only made “Lord” by another God for the Bible said, “God has made Jesus – the man you nailed to the cross-both Lord and Christ”; and (2) God (Jesus) is a “man nailed to the cross.”

When the Apostle Peter teaches that Jesus is Lord, he also mentioned that Jesus was made Lord by God and “a man nailed to the cross.”

Jesus is not the one true God because Jesus received the title Lord from the one true God.

Jesus as Savior

We should accept Jesus Christ as our Savior:

“The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had murdered by hanging Him on a tree. GOD EXALTED THIS MAN TO HIS RIGHT HAND AS RULER AND SAVIOR, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.” (Acts 5:30-31, Holman Christian Standard Bible, emphasis mine)

Jesus is our Savior, but He became our Savior because “God exalted this man to His right hand as ruler and Savior.” Although, Jesus is our Savior, but the Bible also mentioned that He is a man exalted by God.

Jesus as the Mediator between God and Men

We should accept Jesus Christ as the Mediator between the one true God and men:

“For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (I Timothy 2:5, NIV, emphasis mine)

Apostle Paul’s statement clearly said that “there is one God.” And we are certain that the “one God” referred to by Apostle Paul is not the Lord Jesus, because he also mentioned that “the man Christ Jesus” is the “one mediator between God and men.”

LET US UPHOLD WHAT THE BIBLE
TEACHES ABOUT JESUS CHRIST

Let us uphold what the Bible teaches about the Lord Jesus Christ – the man Jesus Christ is the one mediator between God and men, for those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as “coming in the flesh” such person is the deceiver and the antichrist:

“Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (II John 1:7 NIV)

Those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as “coming in the flesh” as those “who don’t believe that Jesus Christ came to earth as a human being”:

“Watch out for the false leaders-and there are many of them around-who don't believe that Jesus Christ came to earth as a human being with a body like ours. Such people are against the truth and against Christ.” (II John 1:7 Living Bible)

If Jesus is not the one true God, who is? This is what the apostles teach us:

“Praise be to THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.” (Ephesians 1:3 NIV, Emphasis Mine)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We can never hope to know much about a man who appears only as a character in a history book. Thankfully, Jesus Christ is living, and able to make himself known to us through the Holy Spirit. It's an intimate knowledge, generated between the head, Christ, and the body, the true Church!
parables first

you can hang around congregation if you like to
you can do ritual and dogma if it's makes you feel comfy

but as He said......if you keep not My sayings....
I don't know you

Iymus

lymus, do you think God has come to dwell on earth with men?

In regards to the Gospel of the Son of God no. At this current time no. What I think is that God sent his only begotten Son; not himself, and that his only begotten and disciples knows this: That Christ

Joh 3:16 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 KJV For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 13:3 KJV Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Joh 16:28 KJV I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Joh 16:30 KJV Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Ames

In regards to the Gospel of the Son of God no. At this current time no. What I think is that God sent his only begotten Son; not himself, and that his only begotten and disciples knows this: That Christ

Joh 3:16 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 KJV For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 13:3 KJV Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Joh 16:28 KJV I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Joh 16:30 KJV Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
I have discovered from my own past experience the following:

For me to get frustrated, and not understand things:
1. Debate religion with others.
2. Quote bible verses that support my ideas.

For me to have peace and understanding:
1. Find out who God really is.
2. Find out what the bible is saying.
3. Find out who the bible was written to and by whom.

The two at the top never worked for me.
The three at the bottom changed everything for me.

Iymus

I have discovered from my own past experience the following:

For me to get frustrated, and not understand things:
1. Debate religion with others.
2. Quote bible verses that support my ideas.

For me to have peace and understanding:
1. Find out who God really is.
2. Find out what the bible is saying.
3. Find out who the bible was written to and by whom.

The two at the top never worked for me.
The three at the bottom changed everything for me.

1. I disagree with nothing you said but at the same time

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Luk 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

That's how i view these discussions

Redemptionsong

giphy.gif

How many bible translations do you need to categorically define the nature of the Lord Jesus Christ?
How many bible verses do you need to once and for all underscore that Christ Jesus is not God?

Definitely Jesus Christ is not a mere human being.

Jesus is the Christ of God

We should accept Jesus as the Christ of God:

“But what about you? he asked. ‘Who do you say I am?’ Peter answered, ‘The Christ of God.’” (Luke 9:20 NIV)

The Bible clearly stated that “Jesus is the Christ of God.” If Jesus is God, then God (Jesus) is the Christ of God. This is an absurdity. Thus, let us stick to what the Bible teaches about Jesus, that He is “the Christ of God.”

Jesus is not the one true God because he is the Christ of God.

Jesus as the Son of God

We should accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God:

“Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16 NIV)

Although the apostles teach that Jesus is the Son of the living God, however, the Bible also tells us that Jesus, the Son of God, is a man:

“And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, ‘Surely THIS MAN WAS THE SON OF GOD!’” (Mark 15:39, NIV, emphasis mine).

Thus, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is the Son of the living God, and not the living God.

Jesus as Lord

We should accept Jesus Christ as our Lord:

“So, all the people of Israel should know this truly: GOD HAS MADE JESUS — THE MAN YOU NAILED TO THE CROSS — BOTH LORD AND CHRIST.” (Acts 2:36, New Century Version, emphasis mine)

Christ’s lordship does not prove that He is God, because if so: (1) God (Jesus) is only made “Lord” by another God for the Bible said, “God has made Jesus – the man you nailed to the cross-both Lord and Christ”; and (2) God (Jesus) is a “man nailed to the cross.”

When the Apostle Peter teaches that Jesus is Lord, he also mentioned that Jesus was made Lord by God and “a man nailed to the cross.”

Jesus is not the one true God because Jesus received the title Lord from the one true God.

Jesus as Savior

We should accept Jesus Christ as our Savior:

“The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had murdered by hanging Him on a tree. GOD EXALTED THIS MAN TO HIS RIGHT HAND AS RULER AND SAVIOR, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.” (Acts 5:30-31, Holman Christian Standard Bible, emphasis mine)

Jesus is our Savior, but He became our Savior because “God exalted this man to His right hand as ruler and Savior.” Although, Jesus is our Savior, but the Bible also mentioned that He is a man exalted by God.

Jesus as the Mediator between God and Men

We should accept Jesus Christ as the Mediator between the one true God and men:

“For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (I Timothy 2:5, NIV, emphasis mine)

Apostle Paul’s statement clearly said that “there is one God.” And we are certain that the “one God” referred to by Apostle Paul is not the Lord Jesus, because he also mentioned that “the man Christ Jesus” is the “one mediator between God and men.”

LET US UPHOLD WHAT THE BIBLE
TEACHES ABOUT JESUS CHRIST

Let us uphold what the Bible teaches about the Lord Jesus Christ – the man Jesus Christ is the one mediator between God and men, for those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as “coming in the flesh” such person is the deceiver and the antichrist:

“Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (II John 1:7 NIV)

Those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as “coming in the flesh” as those “who don’t believe that Jesus Christ came to earth as a human being”:

“Watch out for the false leaders-and there are many of them around-who don't believe that Jesus Christ came to earth as a human being with a body like ours. Such people are against the truth and against Christ.” (II John 1:7 Living Bible)

If Jesus is not the one true God, who is? This is what the apostles teach us:

“Praise be to THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.” (Ephesians 1:3 NIV, Emphasis Mine)

Have you noticed the changes that take place in the life of Jesus from the time of his birth?

Jesus is born without the Holy Spirit of God. We are told that he was made under the law [Galatians 4:4,5], and lived a righteous life under God's law. Jesus was living in accordance with the Torah during his early life.

At baptism, this righteous human vessel, Jesus, is anointed with the Holy Spirit. The Spirit is given without measure and this makes him the true mediator between God and men. He is now the Christ, the one anointed by God to be our Saviour.
He now walks not by the law, but by the Spirit.

Although some of Jesus' disciples recognize him as the Christ, his role disguises the magnitude of his greatness. His role, or purpose, is to give himself as a sin offering, to be the Lamb of God.

We know from the Old Testament scriptures that the Messiah plays two roles; one as the suffering servant and heir to the throne (at his first advent), and the other as the Judge and King of Kings (at his return, or second coming).

When Jesus is crucified, he dies. After three days and nights he (body and soul) are raised to life again. This time, however, his body is not the same. A change has taken place, making his body immortal. He is now able to ascend to heaven, and it is there that he receives the honour of becoming the King of Kings.

Interestingly, Thomas called Jesus, 'My Lord and my God' only after resurrection, once he could see that Jesus had eternal life.

You and I are now in the position of knowing that Jesus Christ has been raised to life and lives in heaven. This makes him our Lord and our God! [Read Daniel 7:13,14 carefully.]

Who are we to serve?

MJFlores

You and I are now in the position of knowing that Jesus Christ has been raised to life and lives in heaven. This makes him our Lord and our God! [Read Daniel 7:13,14 carefully.]

giphy.gif

Daniel 7 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
7 During the first year that Belshazzar was king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream. He saw these visions while he was lying on his bed, and he wrote what he had dreamed. 2 Daniel said, “I saw my vision at night. In the vision the wind was blowing from all four directions. These winds made the sea rough. 3 I saw four big animals and each one was different from the others. These four animals came up out of the sea.

4 “The first animal looked like a lion, but it had wings like an eagle. As I watched, its wings were torn off. It was helped up from the ground, and it stood up on two feet like a human. Then it was given a human mind.

5 “Then I saw another animal there in front of me that looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, ‘Get up and eat all the meat you want!’

6 “After that I noticed another animal in front of me. It looked like a leopard, but it had four wings on its back. This animal had four heads. It was given authority to rule.

7 “After that, in my vision at night, I looked, and there in front of me was a fourth animal. It looked very cruel and terrifying. It looked very strong, with large iron teeth. This animal crushed and ate its victims and walked on whatever was left of them. This fourth animal was different from all the animals I saw before it. This animal had ten horns.

8 “While I was looking at the horns and thinking about them, another horn grew up among them. This was a little horn with eyes like a human. It also had a mouth that was bragging. Then the little horn pulled out three of the other horns.

9 “As I was looking, thrones were put in their places,
and the Ancient King sat on his throne.
His clothes were as white as snow.
His hair was as white as wool.
His throne was made from fire,
and its wheels were made from flames.
10 A river of fire flowed out
from in front of the Ancient King.
Millions of people were serving him.
Hundreds of millions of people stood in front of him.
Court was ready to begin,
and the books were opened.

11 “I kept on looking because the little horn was bragging. I kept watching until finally the fourth animal was killed. Its body was destroyed, and it was thrown into the burning fire. 12 The authority and rule of the other animals had been taken from them. But they were permitted to live for a certain period of time.

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there in front of me was someone who looked like a human being. He was coming on the clouds in the sky. He came up to the Ancient King, and the King’s servants brought him before the King.

14 “The one who looked like a human being was given authority, glory, and complete ruling power. People from every nation and language group will serve him. His rule will last forever. His kingdom will continue forever. It will never be destroyed.

Definitely the one who looked like a human being in Daniel's dream was Jesus Christ in the future.
Now who do you think gave the authority to the one who looked like a human being?
As I have read it carefully as you asked - The one who looked like a human being was given authority, glory, and complete ruling power.

MJFlores

Interestingly, Thomas called Jesus, 'My Lord and my God' only after resurrection, once he could see that Jesus had eternal life.

As a former Catholic, being born as one.
I grew up blindly following the doctrine of the Trinity.
I just follow like other Catholics blindly follow.
How can I question that when it is taught in our theology class since High School?
Next I was not concerned if what I am learning is right or wrong - that is being a carefree youth then. However when I was 20-21, it was the first time I got hold of a Bible, I have to ask - and asked I did And I have discovered that the doctrines taught which I have accepted blindly were not found in the Bible. The Bible should be the source of faith - not from the Catechism but from the Bible - this is the rule book.

I used to say Jesus is my Lord and my God before I learned the whole truth.
So let us examine what Thomas the apostle said "My Lord and my God!"

THOMAS WAS NOT PREACHING AT THAT MOMENT BUT WAS FROM A STATE OF UNBELIEF

Remember that Thomas was not preaching at that moment. Actually, he was from a state of unbelief:

“The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe." And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing." And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!” (John 20:25-28, NKJV)

8df6283f8d06cf5244a1472708dcd527.jpg

Reach your finger here, and look at My hands

images

and reach your hand here, and put it into My side

source.gif

What do you think apostle Thomas reacted and how would you have reacted if you were him?

Take note of what the Lord Jesus Christ said to Thomas before he made the statement recorded in John 20:28. Jesus said to him, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. DO NOT BE UNBELIEVING, but believing.”

Let us compare the statement of Thomas which when he uttered his statement in John 2028 he was not in the act of preaching and from a state of unbelieving with the statement of Apostle Peter which when he said this he was in a state of filled with Holy Spirit and He is in the act of preaching:

“And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
“But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words.
“Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst...” (Acts 2:4,14,22-23, NKJV)

During his preaching, Apostle Peter made the following statements: “Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst.” Here, it is clear, that Jesus is different from God. He was a Man attested by God through miracles, wonders and signs. Also, the following statement was made by Apostle Peter when he was preaching this time at the temple:

“So when Peter saw it, he responded to the people: "Men of Israel, why do you marvel at this? Or why look so intently at us, as though by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? 13The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let Him go.” (Acts 3:12-13 NKJV)

Filled with Holy Spirit, Apostle Peter declared the Lord Jesus Christ is the “Servant of God.” Thus, the statement of Thomas recorded in John 20:28 did not only contradict the teachings of the Lord Jesus, but also the teachings of the other apostles. This proves that Thomas statement was incorrect, not only he forgotten the teaching of His Master, but also contradicted the Lord Jesus and the other apostles.

Let us not be surprised if Thomas made a mistake while not in the act of preaching. It is not surprising that even the apostles can make mistakes while they are not in the act of preaching. The following proves this contention:

“But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary. Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.” (Matthew 14:24-27, NKJV)

Remember that when Thomas made the statement recorded in John 20:28 he was not in the act of preaching and he was from a state of unbelief, thus it is not surprising if he committed mistake.

DID THE LORD JESUS CORRECT THOMAS FROM HIS MISTAKE?

Let us again see what really happened through the four Gospels, not only from the Gospel according to John. Let us start with John 20:19-20:

“Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, ‘Peace be with you.’ When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.” (John 20:19-20, NKJV)

When the disciples were assembled, with the doors locked for the fear of the Jews, Jesus came and told them to be at peace. Then He showed to them His hands and side. What was their reaction? The disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. However, John further narrated that Thomas was not there that time:

“Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, ‘We have seen the Lord.’ So he said to them, ‘Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.’” (John 20:24-25, NKJV)

When the other disciples told Thomas that they had seen the Lord, Thomas did not believe what they said. He reacted with disbelief and skepticism. He told them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” By this statement, Thomas became identified with skepticism and disbelief. The disciples were gathered again and Thomas was with them at this time:

“And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, ‘Peace to you!’” (John 20:26, NKJV)

The disciples were again inside and Thomas was with them. Originally, there were twelve apostles. However, Judas committed suicide, thus, when the Bible stated “eleven,” Thomas was with them (Judas was the the one not with them). In John 20:26, Jesus appeared to the “eleven” (Thomas was with them). This was when Thomas uttered “My Lord and my God”:

“And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, ‘Peace to you!’ Then He said to Thomas, ‘Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.’ And Thomas answered and said to Him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:26-28, NKJV)

Mark also reported this event when Jesus appeared to the “eleven” as they were eating:

“And when they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they did not believe. After that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into the country. And they went and told it to the rest, but they did not believe them either. Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.” (Mark 16:11-14, NKJV)

Luke also narrated this event when the Lord Jesus appeared to the “eleven”:

“So they rose up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven and those who were with them gathered together, saying, ‘The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon!’ And they told about the things that had happened on the road, and how He was known to them in the breaking of bread. Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, ‘Peace to you.’ But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.” (Luke 24:33-37 NKJV)

Both Mark and Luke reported this event when the Lord Jesus appeared to the “eleven” (Mark 16:13-14 and Luke 24:33-36). Thus, this was also the event reported by John in John 20:26-28, when Jesus appeared with the “eleven” (including Thomas).

Mark’s report was a generalization of the event: the disciples’ unbelief, the Lord appeared to the “twelve,” and Jesus “rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart.”

Luke made a much detailed report that Mark. In Luke’s report, when the Lord Jesus appeared to the “eleven,” they were terrified and frightened. Thus, it was not only Thomas who was terrified and frightened during that event, but even the other disciples.

Think of the situation before Jesus showed Himself to them: the doors were shut when Jesus abruptly stood in their midst and summoned Thomas to come near to Him. What was Thomas' reaction? A reaction of unbelief and amazement. Is this kind of reaction something that is strange or unusual? No, because according to Luke, Thomas was not the only one caught perplexed but also the rest of his companions. Luke reported that when Jesus appeared abruptly in their midst while the “eleven” were gathered together, they were terrified and frightened.

Because the disciples (not only Thomas but all the “eleven”) were caught perplexed (were terrified and frightened), Luke reported that “and supposed they had seen a spirit.” Luke reported that disciples mistook Jesus for a spirit. John on the other hand reported that Thomas called Jesus “My Lord and my God.” Why it is not wrong to conclude that not only Thomas but the other disciples also mistook Jesus as “God”? Because Jesus Himself taught them that God is spirit:

“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:24 NKJV)

Did the Lord Jesus Christ confirm what the disciples thought about Him or He rebuke them? Let us continue our reading of Luke’s report

“Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you." But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." Luke 24:36-39, NKJV