• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God is our Father

Redemptionsong

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

If ALL scripture is truth, you cannot simply dismiss the passages you don't like. Acts 2:38 clearly states that a person can be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ. For this to be true, Jesus Christ must hold a position of authority that is above every other man. It means that the Father gave Jesus Christ authority over us.

If a Commander-in-Chief tells his captain to take an enemy citadel, the captain will follow orders. It would be odd for one of the captain's soldiers to say to his captain, I'm not serving you, I'm only serving the Commander-in-Chief! A soldier not listening to his captain is not going to hear the command of the Commander-in-Chief! He'll be out in the field with no idea what to do!

Iymus

If ALL scripture is truth, you cannot simply dismiss the passages you don't like. Acts 2:38 clearly states that a person can be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ. For this to be true, Jesus Christ must hold a position of authority that is above every other man. It means that the Father gave Jesus Christ authority over us.
:rolleyes:
:oops:
1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Psa 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Redemptionsong

:rolleyes:
:oops:
1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Psa 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.[/QUOTE]

God raised up the Lord Jesus Christ. I agree.

John 10:17,18. 'Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it up again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.'

John 14:9. 'Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?'

Last edited:

Iymus

John 10:17,18. 'Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it up again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.'

John 14:9. 'Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?'

Gotcha. You agree but don't really agree or believe. You do not believe because you use scripture to make God our Father literally Christ or inside Christ and without any context.

since your mindset is that Christ is literally the God of Abraham and his descendants himself; it is hard to imagine you believe the following:

Joh 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
Joh 16:29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
Joh 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
Joh 16:31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

Redemptionsong

Joh 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
Joh 16:29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
Joh 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
Joh 16:31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

We agree that God is Spirit. Only Spirit 'comes forth' from God. We are not talking about a creation of something of flesh and blood, but a coming forth of God Himself. So when Jesus Christ is speaking in Spirit, as the Father's Son, he is able to say, I came forth from the Father. When risen from the dead, and incorruptible in body, soul and Spirit, he is again able to leave the world and go to his Father. This tells us that what comes from God is Spirit and what returns to God is Spirit.

Do you now believe that Jesus is come from God, or do you still believe that Jesus is solely the son of David? Was God in Jesus Christ reconciling the world to Himself?

Iymus

Do you now believe that Jesus is come from God

Joh 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

do you still believe that Jesus is solely the son of David

never said solely except in reference to God himself being God our Father the only true God.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Redemptionsong

Joh 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

never said solely except in reference to God himself being God our Father the only true God.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

We seem to be going round and round in circles. But I believe this issue to be of vital importance, because I don't believe a person can receive the gift of eternal life without Jesus Christ as the true mediator.

If God has not dwelt with men on earth, then Jesus Christ is not God. If God has dwelt with men on earth, then Jesus Christ is God.

Do you believe that God has dwelt with [lived amongst] men on earth? A simple 'Yes' or 'No' will solve the issue!

I make this claim because Jesus Christ is the one and only mediator between God and men. He was fully God and fully man. The fact that the Spirit of God, the fulness of the Godhead, resided in Jesus Christ whilst on earth does not stop him also being fully man. Nor does the immanence of God negate the transcendence of God; in other words, God's coming to dwell on earth does not take God away from his heavenly abode. The Father is in heaven, and the Son on earth.

The final piece in the jigsaw of redemption is the coming of the Holy Spirit, given by the Father through His Son. Unless we are born again of God's Holy Spirit we cannot claim to be obedient to God. Without the Holy Spirit leading us, all attempts at obedience come from our own imperfect will, and not the Spirit of truth. Obedience becomes a work of the flesh, and not a walk by faith in God's Spirit.

Iymus

If God has not dwelt with men on earth, then Jesus Christ is not God. If God has dwelt with men on earth, then Jesus Christ is God.

perhaps nation understanding because:

Psa 96:5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Joh 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
Joh 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Do you believe that God has dwelt with [lived amongst] men on earth? A simple 'Yes' or 'No' will solve the issue!

Multiplication or Division before Subtraction and Addition within the parentheses will not solve the issue or problem.

What will solve the issue is:

Who is the Doctrine of ?
Who are the Commandments of?
Who is the Will of?
Who is the Works of?

Then from those four questions you have the answer of who the only true God is.

Redemptionsong

perhaps nation understanding because:

Psa 96:5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Joh 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
Joh 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Multiplication or Division before Subtraction and Addition within the parentheses will not solve the issue or problem.

What will solve the issue is:

Who is the Doctrine of ?
Who are the Commandments of?
Who is the Will of?
Who is the Works of?

Then from those four questions you have the answer of who the only true God is.

We agree that true doctrine is from the Father. It says in John 7:16, 'My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.' The Word proceeds from the Father but is declared by the Son.

If you knew the Lord Jesus Christ, you would know that he is true, as God is true.

John 7:28,29. 'Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.'

Jesus knows the Father. You, on the other hand, if you happen to be like the men in the temple, do not. Yet you claim the Father as the only true God. How can you make this claim if you don't know the Father? The only reason any of us can say we know God is because of Jesus Christ. Therefore, Jesus Christ is OUR Lord and God! Only when the Spirit of the Son dwells in us, can we know the Father.

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
1. If God is our Father in Heaven, would we call God fully Man and God?

-------------------------------------
1a.
Mat 23:9
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

-------------------------------------
1b.
Num 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

---------------------------------------
1c.
Joh 8:40
But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

------------------------------------------
1d.
Psa 119:104
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Sure — why not? Jesus reconciled humanity to Divinity.

Iymus

Sure — why not? Jesus reconciled humanity to Divinity.

Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Joh 8:40 KJV But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

Mat 16:13 KJV When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 5:17 KJV Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Num 23:19 KJV God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Joh 12:49 KJV For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
Joh 12:50 KJV And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jas 1:17 KJV Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

sojourner

Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Joh 8:40 KJV But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

Mat 16:13 KJV When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 5:17 KJV Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Num 23:19 KJV God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Joh 12:49 KJV For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
Joh 12:50 KJV And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jas 1:17 KJV Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
This vomitous mass of bible verses simply aren’t cogent to my post. At all. the Doctrine states that Jesus was fully human. That’s what these verses assert. so what? Where’s your argument?

Iymus

This vomitous mass of bible verses simply aren’t cogent to my post. At all. the Doctrine states that Jesus was fully human. That’s what these verses assert. so what? Where’s your argument?

Joh 8:42 KJV Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Joh 15:14 KJV Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Mat 23:9 KJV And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Joh 5:44 KJV How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Joh 13:3 KJV Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Joh 16:28 KJV I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Joh 3:16 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Act 17:30 KJV And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 KJV Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

sojourner

Joh 8:42 KJV Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Joh 15:14 KJV Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Mat 23:9 KJV And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Joh 5:42 KJV But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

Joh 5:44 KJV How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Joh 13:3 KJV Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Joh 16:28 KJV I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Act 17:30 KJV And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31 KJV Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Keep chucking. But I doubt you’ll find any.