• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God is loving, then why does he wake up dead people to send to hell?!

ecman51`

Isn't that the craziest thing you ever heard of? To sentence someone to trillions of years of burning and gnashing teeth for a 14 year or an 86 year mistake,? That even goes years beyond the "eye for an eye....." rule! Why doesn't he just wake up good people and reward them, and leave the dead people he does not want, alone. What is with that eternal torture business?

Or could it be that God DOES tell fibs, and did that to scare people so they woud live the straight and narrow - and in reality WILL just let most people stay dead in the grave. ???

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I find it more likely that those who claim to speak for God had an infantile revenge fantasy.

This. The ancients merely used the god concept as their sock puppet through which they projected their own ego and emotions. Unfortunately this still goes on today for some reason.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Storm and Heathen are correct.

I see that you've recently posted a whole series of threads that bring up some of the common criticisms of Christianity: a thread on hell, a thread on predestination, a thread picking the inconsistent details of Genesis, a thread on Adam and Eve, etc.

These are all valid points, but they're also exceedingly common talking points. I could be wrong, but I assume you recently had some sort of crisis of faith or something like that. Or maybe you've just never asked these sorts of questions before. There are a variety of religions, and not all of them have rather violent or legalistic views of god(s). If you're not already familiar with them, you can become so by talking to the variety of people from different religions here.

Blackdog22

Isn't that the craziest thing you ever heard of? To sentence someone to trillions of years of burning and gnashing teeth for a 14 year or an 86 year mistake,? That even goes years beyond the "eye for an eye....." rule! Why doesn't he just wake up good people and reward them, and leave the dead people he does not want, alone. What is with that eternal torture business?

Or could it be that God DOES tell fibs, and did that to scare people so they woud live the straight and narrow - and in reality WILL just let most people stay dead in the grave. ???

It is pretty sickening, its even more sickening when a Religious person exclaims we are sending ourselves to Hell. Considering the Bible itself says Jesus will come and wake us up with a sword in his mouth and murder all of us Heathens(Characteristic of his time spent on Earth right? Lol).

However, sometimes when I wish to pretend the possibility of God, I like to think that this is all a test and God sent a word of Hell so that we would take the test seriously. However, then I realize my brother is dying from a brain tumor and God is right infront of him(Hes omnipresent) and God really wants to save him, but my extremely innocent God fearing brother just didn't obey his laws in some strict way so God watches him die. Either that or God just doesn't exist or orrrrr.... He is just a complete douche.

Last edited: