• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God exists, would It have a sense of humor?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Not sure if he did or not. But mainly, he isn't God, so that's sort of irrelevant.

Oooooh...watch out if the Catholics hear you saying that.
Incidentally, I'm an atheist, so if I don't put myself in the shoes of believers for this exercise, my answer becomes 'No' by definition.
Instead, I answered based on common Christian beliefs that the Bible is accurate and true, and in the Trinity.

Disregard if unhelpful, I wasn't trying to detail anything.

DennisTate

If so, what would make God smile, so to speak, or laugh?
If not, does that mean God is just a cold fish or fancy computer program?

This is an exceptionally good question.......
I believe that if, a former fallen angel....... let's pick on Azazel.......
were to get a lump in his throat.........
and a tear in his eye.......
and if he were to begin to finally do what he had been told to do millennia ago...............

Then Azazel..........
as he would pray for a human.......
would quite possibly have the Ancient of Days the Father rolling around on the crystal like courtroom floors of ninth, tenth and eleventh dimensional space - time (heaven)......

My correspondence with Rabbi ........... - Tate for Central Nova

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think I said so in another thread of the same vein.....

If God doesn't have a sense of humor ......I'm screwed

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I'm not saying Bahai'is is right or wrong, it's just not an argument. Why would (or wouldn't) God have a sense of humor?

This a very human question 'Why God would nor wouldn't have whatever?'

Arthra was just providing a Baha'i view of humor in terms of human nature being attributes of God, and not an argument whether the Baha'i Faith is right nor wrong.

An interesting read from the Baha'i perspective is 'God Loves Laughter' by William Sears.