• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God existed would there be proof?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
You say that covid is "an inevitable consequence of a massive human population, and global travel".

Don't you think that the same factors are involved with climate-change?

I think it is a consequence, but it need not be inevitable obviously, as we have a choice about how we travel. Though this rather misses the point, again. An exponentially increasing human population, on a planet with finite resources, can only end one way.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
We look at things fundamentally differently.
  • We get pandemics a few times each century. And epidemics more often. I am not sure why you say it isn't normal. It isn't usual, but it is normal.
  • You claim that climate change and covid have similar causes, but do not identify them. COVID is caused by a virus. Global warming is caused by the fruits of industrialization and capitalism. I guess that you might argue that covid spread so fast because we have a global airline network, which is industrialization, but that seems to be stretching the meaning of 'cause'.
There you go again, with your objective facts, and your ironclad logic, how is that fair?:D

muhammad_isa

..your claim that eradicating usury will cure climate change, with no attempt to explain how destroying the global economy, without any viable alternative to replace it, is a path to anything but global genocide.
Again, I have not mentioned about destroying anything.

It is human beings that need to stop being greedy and causing corruption. Either they change or face disaster.
Your attitude is one of, "there is no alternative, let's carry on with our immorality".

Sheldon

Veteran Member
There is a link between the pace of change, such as global air travel and multi-lane highways, and climate-change. The increase in disease is also correlated with the growing pollution due to the burning of fossil fuels, as well as the obvious ability to spread quickly.

Only because the industrial revolution driven by fuel fossils enables a massive number of humans to be constantly travelling globally, among a massive global population, which is of course increasing exponentially. Of course I'm not a mathematician, but the outcome almost seems inevitable, given the symbiotic nature of evolved life.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I'm not dismissing anything.
It is you who are trying to dismiss the significance of the calamities that are unfolding before our eyes.

..and we all know why. You just want to show that nothing's changed, and life has always been a series of catastrophes bla bla.

:D Sorry, but that is just hilarious. Only the numbers have changed, and of course science's ability to cure, or even eradicate diseases, that millennia of religious navel gazing could only look on impotent with dismay. :rolleyes:

muhammad_isa

Great, when do we get to where you explain the alternative to capitalism? I am all agog with anticipation...
You think in monochrome.
If somebody has wealth, they can spend it in charity in preference to exploiting others.

Money is not a commodity. It is a medium to equate value to goods and services.
Tinkering with money is not productive, it is an immoral way of increasing one's wealth, in a similar way to pyramid selling. There has to be losers.
It is an exploitation of those that are poor by those that have.
I don't care how you wish to disguise it, the result is the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. The only thing that can eventually happen is envy and enmity.

What is the alternative?
Stop ripping people off. Nothing more, and nothing less.
Private banks should be heavily regulated. They should not be allowed to make excessive profit from usurious transactions such as credit cards etc.

muhammad_isa

That science and its methods have enabled us to do what millennia of religious superstation and prayer could not.
..and so will claim the anti-christ [beast].
I wonder which "horse you will back" when the beast is finally upon us. It can't be far away. His future supporters are growing in number. Science has all the answers he will claim.
But alas, the corruption increases to such an extent that mankind chokes on their own vomit.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
..so why are so many people experiencing "long covid" or post viral syndrome in general?

What a particularly stupid question, obviously because it si a new virus, and science is finding ways to treat its long term effects.

Why are so many people in the world experiencing mental health problems?

How many are, and how does this compare to any other period, and since religious superstition has had millennia, and science just a few hundred years, what's your point?

It might be that you see the world in the light that you do, because "you are alright Jack" .. I don't know.

Odd how you are so often minded to make assertions based on not knowing.

"I think it was you who said there is no connection between climate-change and covid, wasn't it?"

Not directly of course...but...

COUGH
population explosion COUGH...:rolleyes:

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Sheldon said:
That science and its methods have enabled us to do what millennia of religious superstation and prayer could not.
..and so will claim the anti-christ [beast].

:D:p:D:p hilarious...

I wonder which "horse you will back" when the beast is finally upon us. It can't be far away.

Well it better hurry up. :D:rolleyes::D

His future supporters are growing in number. Science has all the answers he will claim. But alas, the corruption increases to such an extent that mankind chokes on their own vomit.

I like pepperoni on my pizza. :rolleyes: Offer something of value please.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
You think in monochrome.
If somebody has wealth, they can spend it in charity in preference to exploiting others.

Sorry but you claimed eradicating usury and religion, would solve global warming, and this bs ad hominem doesn't remotely justify that claim. I fail to see how destroying the global capitalist economy, no matter how much its injustices bunch your panties, is going to help stop global warming? Ironically no amount of asking you has proffered anything tangible to justify your absurd claim.

Money is not a commodity. It is a medium to equate value to goods and services.

Money isn't real, it is an abstract concept. You might want to read Karl Marx on this, "all property is theft". His ideologies are very simpatico with youthful idealism. Be warned, he was an atheist...:D:cool:

Tinkering with money is not productive, it is an immoral way of increasing one's wealth, in a similar way to pyramid selling. There has to be losers.

So economics one assumes is a pointless pursuit, well leaving aside your dismissive hand waving, I think maybe you might need to offer something in it's place first, unless global genocide is your aim? Talk about sawing the branch you're on, dear oh dear.

It is an exploitation of those that are poor by those that have.I don't care how you wish to disguise it, the result is the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. The only thing that can eventually happen is envy and enmity.

1. Where have I disguised it?
2. What is the alternative you think will work?
3. You do make me laugh fair play, no offence.

What is the alternative? Stop ripping people off. Nothing more, and nothing less.

That is not an alternative, that is idealistic wishful thinking, how is it to be achieved? I will give you a clue here, destroying the system we have, because you don't like it, won't magically produce a better one, geddit yet?

Private banks should be heavily regulated. They should not be allowed to make excessive profit from usurious transactions such as credit cards etc.

Sorry, but I couldn't hear you for the sound of the goal posts you just moved. :rolleyes:

You seem to have moved from your original claim of eradicating usury, with no explanation of what you planned to replace capitalism with, since credit is essential to capitalism, and usury essential to credit. To making vague assertions about banking regulation...o_O

And of course, still no explanation of how religion, and not science, is going to solve climate change? :D:rolleyes:

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

That is not an alternative, that is idealistic wishful thinking, how is it to be achieved?
It can't be realised, as most people in the world think like you, unfortunately.
If they thought like me, then money would be more equally distributed.

So economics one assumes is a pointless pursuit..
Everything we do depends on its intention.
Government is not pointless. Earning and spending money is not pointless.

All power belongs to G-d. He gives it to whom He wills and takes it away from whom He wills.
A nation who turns away from truth and replaces faith with greed cannot succeed. It makes no difference whether it be a capitalist nation or communist..
It is hypocritical to preach humanitarian policy while pursuing power & wealth from economic trickery.

The better question would be "why wouldn't there be proof?"

DNA proves God's existence ("We are His masterpiece." Apostle Paul)

1) Our DNA contains a massive set of instructions to build our body - putting each molecule in its proper location to build each cell and putting each cell in its proper location to build the body. When we encounter any set of instructions, do we automatically know someone wrote them? Yes.
Carl Sagan: "The information content of a single cell has been established as around 10^12 bits, comparable to about a hundred million pages of the Encyclopedia Britannica."

2) While manmade software is written as an electronic binary digital code, our DNA is written as a molecular quaternary digital code. When we encounter digital codes, do we automatically assume someone wrote them? Yes.
Bill Gates: "DNA is like a computer program, but far far more advanced than any software we've ever created"

3) Each cell contains hi-tech miniature organs (organelles - Nucleus, Golgi bodies, Mitochondria, Chloroplasts, etc.) - none of which are found elsewhere except INSIDE a LIVING cell - hence no natural explanation for their existence.

4) Who can write a massive, very complex set of instructions and then place them into every cell of our body? This hyper-intellect is who we will face on Judgment Day, and He will expose all of our secret sins: "....the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone’s secrets..."

Sheldon

Veteran Member
It can't be realised, as most people in the world think like you, unfortunately.

Ad hominem fallacy again, and I love the assumption that you know what "most people in the world think" breath-taking arrogance.

If they thought like me, then money would be more equally distributed.

Ah delusions of grandeur as well, still no explanation of what you are replacing capitalism with when you destroy the global economy by eradicating usury, or how religion, and not science, is going to solve climate change. You do realise this money you plan to distribute in your new world order will be utterly worthless right, since you will have destroyed the global economy! :facepalm:

Everything we do depends on its intention.

No it doesn't that's absurd, try intending not to hit the ground after you leap off the roof of your house. :rolleyes:

Government is not pointless. Earning and spending money is not pointless.

Oranges are sweet and water is wet, since we are apparently now just reeling off irrelevant non sequiturs.

All power belongs to G-d. He gives it to whom He wills and takes it away from whom He wills.

What a pointless platitude to say to someone you know is an atheist.

A nation who turns away from truth and replaces faith with greed cannot succeed. It makes no difference whether it be a capitalist nation or communist..

Ah another of your unevidenced sweeping assertions, this hubris has no relevance to your claims you have failed to remotely justify with anything approaching evidence or even a basic explanation. Economies are not based on superstitious beliefs, they are based on GDP, this is in turn reliant on international trade, now when you kill off credit by eradicating usury what is it you're planning to replace this with? Only you keep avoiding answering, unsurprisingly, as if you gave it no real thought whatsoever. :D;)

It is hypocritical to preach humanitarian policy while pursuing power & wealth from economic trickery.

It is a bad idea to douse yourself in petrol and strike a match, since we seem again to be reeling irrelevant platitudes.

Now one more time:

1. What are you replacing capitalist economics with when you destroy global credit by eradicating usury?
2. How is religion, and not science, going to solve climate change, as you claimed?
3. What happen to the planet and it's finite resources if the population continues to increase exponentially?

:rolleyes: Are we ever going to any answer, or are vapid platitudes and obfuscation all you have here yet again.

muhammad_isa

3. What happen to the planet and it's finite resources if the population continues to increase exponentially?
You know the answer to that..
Mankind are going to compete with each other for resources, and due to the greed of the rich with their usury, there won't be enough to go around.

In turn people die, and others begin to hate and we end up with world war and armageddon.

Satisfied now? :(

Sheldon

Veteran Member
You know the answer to that..
Mankind are going to compete with each other for resources, and due to the greed of the rich with their usury, there won't be enough to go around.

In turn people die, and others begin to hate and we end up with world war and armageddon.

Satisfied now? :(

No, I asked 3 questions, and you ignored 2, and your one answer makes no sense, since greed and usury are irrelevant, to the inevitable consequences of an exponentially increasing population of a planet with finite resources. Care to try again?

1. What are you replacing capitalist economics with when you destroy global credit by eradicating usury?
2. How is religion, and not science, going to solve climate change, as you claimed?
3. What happens to the planet and it's finite resources if the population continues to increase exponentially?

Now I grant you the answer to 3 is a given, but then I said that at the very start and you disagreed, so the point is that without greed or usury or anything else the outcome is inevitable. At some point the planet's resources will no longer be able to sustain the population. So even if we solved claimed change and any other problems, an exponentially increasing human population is a ticking time bomb, with an inevitable outcome.

Now do you want to take a stab at 1 and 2, or were both claims just fugazi?