• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God comes , How many will accept Him

Tabu

If God comes , and says , " You have been calling me since ages , now I have come to liberate you from your sorrow" .
1.Is such a thing possible ? Why / Why not?
2.How many will believe in Him unconditionally . What are the condition you will have to believe in Him?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If God comes , and says , " You have been calling me since ages , now I have come to liberate you from your sorrow" .
2.How many will believe in Him unconditionally . What are the condition you will have to believe in Him?

1. No because god is within you.

2. Since god is within you-he is basically you-everything, yes, you can love god god unconditionally. Since god is life and I am a part of life, I have no choice to believe god exists but the conditions is if I valued myself, others, and my environment that would be conditions to love life itself in all its aspects.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think God/Brahman is All, so He is here right now. The key is listening.

In another more direct way, God can also come to us in a form we can understand that speaks human language. These teachings comes through Avatars and God-Realized saints and other advanced souls that incarnate human forms for the sole purpose of teaching.

So yes, I believe God has already come many times (and is actually always present in a less direct way).

Tabu

@ carlita , probably you believe that all good is God,
@ Advaith , I God had already come many times , why didn't he cleanse the earth of all evils , why is evil still present and growing.?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
1) No. In order to have God call, would require that there be a God that is around beforehand.

2) I would think aliens or an advanced being is at play before whittling things down to something like a dieity as it's described now.

I suppose a major immediate reversal of time and space would be sufficient to at least view the power involved is enough to say it might as well be a believable God. I still might not think supernatural, but good enough in context of what a God is defined to be as.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Back in old religion we all had our own gods and ancestors to some. Not everyone is going to accept them, like a White God or an Asian God or a Black God or Israeli or Assyrian or Palestinian that wants sovereign over the entire world. They were gods to a particular demographic of people. The monotheist dogma's were manipulated or enforced in various era's to welcome and enslave you all in Christ's mercy, for instance.

Over the ages "God" has changed from a masculine male archetype (in monotheism for instance) to an androgynous space wizard that meets all needs and accepts all.

Gods become Gods because they were either born into it and/or/ are the toughest, baddest, most skilled, excellent mofo's in the stone age. Now they're elected because of their humanitarian, hypocrite, pacifist views.

Good luck finding your personal Jesus Christ.

arthra

Baha'i

Welcome to the Forum Tabu! and thanks for asking such a good question...

As a Baha'i I believe that God reveals Himself from age to age as necessary through His Prophets and Messengers... If you are familiar with the history of such revelations you will come to acknowledge that very few initially follow a Prophet when They first appear. Usually just a handful of people initially follow the Messenger.. In time there are many difficulties and vicissitudes that the new revelation encounters and it is not uncommon for the Prophet or Messenger to follow the path of martyrdom.

The heart of the new believer needs to be pure and willing to independently search for the truth in spite of social opprobrium:

But, O my brother, when a true seeker determineth to take the step of search in the path leading to the knowledge of the Ancient of Days, he must, before all else, cleanse and purify his heart, which is the seat of the revelation of the inner mysteries of God, from the obscuring dust of all acquired knowledge, and the allusions of the embodiments of satanic fancy. He must purge his breast, which is the sanctuary of the abiding love of the Beloved, of every defilement, and sanctify his soul from all that pertaineth to water and clay, from all shadowy and ephemeral attachments. He must so cleanse his heart that no remnant of either love or hate may linger therein, lest that love blindly incline him to error, or that hate repel him away from the truth.

~ Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 192

From the Baha'i Writings

Tabu

1) No. In order to have God call, would require that there be a God that is around beforehand.

2) I would think aliens or an advanced being is at play before whittling things down to something like a dieity as it's described now.

I suppose a major immediate reversal of time and space would be sufficient to at least view the power involved is enough to say it might as well be a believable God. I still might not think supernatural, but good enough in context of what a God is defined to be as.
So you want God to reverse time to believe in Him.

Tabu

Back in old religion we all had our own gods and ancestors to some. Not everyone is going to accept them, like a White God or an Asian God or a Black God or Israeli or Assyrian or Palestinian that wants sovereign over the entire world. They were gods to a particular demographic of people. The monotheist dogma's were manipulated or enforced in various era's to welcome and enslave you all in Christ's mercy, for instance.

Over the ages "God" has changed from a masculine male archetype (in monotheism for instance) to an androgynous space wizard that meets all needs and accepts all.

Gods become Gods because they were either born into it and/or/ are the toughest, baddest, most skilled, excellent mofo's in the stone age. Now they're elected because of their humanitarian, hypocrite, pacifist views.

Good luck finding your personal Jesus Christ.
I remember an Hindi movie where the lead role Amir Khan who is an alien meets people of different faiths , desperately searches for God and finally concludes that actually there are two Gods , the one whom we create who acts just like us , gets angry is confused and is very fast in punishing those who oppose Him and the other One who creates us, who is beyond all our weaknesses , merciful , forgiving , And I am talking about this One.

Tabu

Whatever those conditions are, don't you think that God kmows them and could make them happen?
No , He cannot fulfill all those condition , people could have strange or unethical conditions . God will do what is just and what suits His Majesty.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@ carlita , probably you believe that all good is God,
@ Advaith , I God had already come many times , why didn't he cleanse the earth of all evils , why is evil still present and growing.?

God is life so good and bad is a part of "him." If we are comfortable with this cause and affect that brings on good and bad, then we are living within god and god is living within us. The key word is gratitude. Oh. Also, tid bit. When you @ example someone, make sure there isn't a space between the @ and the name. Example @Tabu as compared to @ Tabu.

Tabu

Welcome to the Forum Tabu! and thanks for asking such a good question...

As a Baha'i I believe that God reveals Himself from age to age as necessary through His Prophets and Messengers... If you are familiar with the history of such revelations you will come to acknowledge that very few initially follow a Prophet when They first appear. Usually just a handful of people initially follow the Messenger.. In time there are many difficulties and vicissitudes that the new revelation encounters and it is not uncommon for the Prophet or Messenger to follow the path of martyrdom.

The heart of the new believer needs to be pure and willing to independently search for the truth in spite of social opprobrium:

But, O my brother, when a true seeker determineth to take the step of search in the path leading to the knowledge of the Ancient of Days, he must, before all else, cleanse and purify his heart, which is the seat of the revelation of the inner mysteries of God, from the obscuring dust of all acquired knowledge, and the allusions of the embodiments of satanic fancy. He must purge his breast, which is the sanctuary of the abiding love of the Beloved, of every defilement, and sanctify his soul from all that pertaineth to water and clay, from all shadowy and ephemeral attachments. He must so cleanse his heart that no remnant of either love or hate may linger therein, lest that love blindly incline him to error, or that hate repel him away from the truth.

~ Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 192

From the Baha'i Writings
Why in the past 2000 years messengers have come only in the Middle East and only in the Abrahamic tribes, why in these years nobody from vast populations like China or India claim to be messengers , didn't they require guidance.
So according to you its only revelations and God doesn't come Himself , but Quran mentions the coming of God on the Day of judgement , and that He saves people from Hell through His Mercy and this is His greatest Mercy.
And according to Bahaii faith ,"Heaven and Hell are taught to be spiritual states of nearness or distance from God that describe relationships in this world and the next, and not physical places of reward and punishment achieved after death"
So in these last days will not God come to reduce this distance and bring people nearer to Himself , to Heaven.

Tabu

God is life so good and bad is a part of "him." If we are comfortable with this cause and affect that brings on good and bad, then we are living within god and god is living within us. The key word is gratitude. Oh. Also, tid bit. When you @ example someone, make sure there isn't a space between the @ and the name. Example @Tabu as compared to @ Tabu.
Thank for the tidbit.
Your two statements contradict each other . If we turn ungrateful / uncomfortable with fate according two your second statement God is not living within us .
But according to your first statement good and bad are part of God so no matter what , He should still be within us.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
First off, If your stunted image of god appeared before me and said "I have come to liberate you from your sorrow" I would laugh in its face as it obviously does not know me.
1. Depending on the emotional investment human animals put in to such an endeavor I would say that "Yes, it is possible." How real it would be would be another question entirely as the imagination is far more powerful than many suspect.
2. I have no use for any gods. I've rather gone quite a long way past such stifling notions, to be honest. There isn't a lot an alleged god could do that I have not already been through, so the bugger would have its work cut out for him/her/it to make me accept his/her/its validity.

buddhist

No. If "God" is infinite, then I am also part of "God", and any being who presents itself as "God" must therefore be limited, and therefore separate from me and false.