• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If gay is o.k. then why ?

anders

standing_on_one_foot said:
It's always homosexuality presented as the sin...never the fact that, according to the interpretation used in this case, these guys apparently rape strangers.
Somebody already pointed out that the people of Sodom, having recently been at war, must have been suspicious of strangers. No Hebrew word anywhere suggests "rape". And don't forget, as I have pointed out previously, for example in post #10 on http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3045&page=2&pp=10 that the text says that all inhabitants of Sodom were gathered in front of Lot's house, not just horny men. It is explicitely stated that they were "young and old" (repeated, not to give anyone a wrong impression).

And as long as we're talking about abominations, male homosexuality is right up there with eating shellfish, as I recall. Isn't perspective fun?
Are you quoting me? :D Or do you refer to http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/?

GOD does keep saying to multiply, the only way I know of that this can be done is by sex between a man and a woman. Also says that man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave unto his wife ( not to his same sex partner ) and they shall be one flesh ( this makes them complete as in man now has possesion of his missing rib )
Don't take me wrong, what each person does is between themself and GOD, I am not judging just trying to gain understanding of what I read !!!

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
Yes actually I can

Hear the best with your ears

and ponder with a bright mind.
Then each man and woman, for his or her self,
select either of the [following] two.
Awaken to this Doctrine of ours
before the Great Event of Choice ushers in.

(Gathas: Song 3 - stanza 2)

and

O Wise One, at the beginning,

You, through Your mind,
fashioned for us the living world,
conceptions and intellects,
put life in the physical frame,
and gave deeds and words,
so that one makes his choice through free will.

(Gathas: Song 4 - stanza 11)

Kiwimac