• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Evolution is Not True...

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
To appreciate the difference, this forum software supports adaptation in the size, color, and shape of text, much like the digital DNA code in animals-

But I'm sure you understand why this capacity for adaptation, can never be used to write the very software which supports that capacity.. i.e. micro adaptation to macro evolution is not just a matter of scale, it's a paradox inherent to such hierarchical information systems
To appreciate the difference, this forum software supports adaptation in the size, color, and shape of text, much like the digital DNA code in animals-
This is a variation of the watchmaker argument. The software was designed by a human designer and the adaptation was designed in, but it does not follow that adaptation in living things is designed or that there is a designer.

But I'm sure you understand why this capacity for adaptation, can never be used to write the very software which supports that capacity.. i.e. micro adaptation to macro evolution is not just a matter of scale, it's a paradox inherent to such hierarchical information systems
Why not? Living systems exist in a world that follows natural laws. Within that system there is nothing preventing the development of new information following the those rules. Random changes to DNA, mutations, happen. We have taken advantage of some of these for over 10,000 years in growing crops and domesticating animals. Most mutations are neutral or deleterious, but some are beneficial. Lactase persistence in humans, the ice nucleating glycoprotein of nototheniod fish, sickle cell ( mixed bag, but beneficial in the right conditions), resistance to pesticides and antibiotics and others are all mutations that have new information and benefit the organisms they are found in.

Living things are mutable. The evidence all supports that given time (scale) these changes accumulate and result in a diversity of new forms.

Lake Victoria is the worlds largest tropical lake. According to work done in the 1980's using core samples of the lake bottom, the lake was grassland only about 15,000 years ago. Just a creek running through a field. It is now the second largest freshwater lake on earth, supporting over 500 species of cichlid fish not found anywhere else on earth. In 15,000 years, one or a few ancestor species of cichlid adapted and diversified into the new niches offered by the formation of the lake into over 500 species. A new suite of niches became available to a small, mutable population of fish that very rapidly evolved into new species proliferating throughout the lake. The theory of evolution explains this example.

How is it a paradox?

Multiverses, M Theory, String theory, steady state?[/QUOTE]I'm not a physicist and I'm not familiar with all these things you mention here, but as I understand it, they are based on existing laws and knowledge and not outside them. You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, that didn't work like I thought it would. Sorry for the mess of a post I just made.