• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If everyone followed the teachings of Christ, what would the world look like?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Matthew 19
Now someone approached him and said, “Teacher, what good must I do to gain eternal life?”** If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”* i He asked him, “Which ones?” And Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not kill; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness;* The young man said to him, “All of these I have observed. What do I still lack?”j Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be perfect,* go, sell what you have and give to [the] poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”22When the young man heard this statement, he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

Imagine if everyone followed that teaching what kind of a world we would have?

Matthew 25
31 i“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come,you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’
37 Then the righteous will answer him,saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them,c‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,6 you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, e‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’

Luke 6
Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

28 bless those who curse you
, pray for those who treat you badly.

29 To anyone who slaps you on one cheek, present the other cheek as well; to anyone who takes your cloak from you, do not refuse your tunic.
30 Give to everyone who asks you, and do not ask for your property back from someone who takes it.

If everyone followed the teachings of Christ, what would the world look like? I don't think anyone would be starving, no murders, no theft, no rape, and the sick would be cared for.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Hippy Commune.

upload_2017-4-4_15-23-44.jpeg

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You're probably right lol :D

Losers follow rules, winners cheat!

Anyway, if you want more charity hit those guys up in Rome... They have more than anyone else already. :D

The problem is the bible teaches something that doesn't exist in the real world, people are mostly concerned about their own survival and it is profitable to take advantage of others.

Deidre

I think that faith should also be experienced and it really can't be contained in a book. The joy that my faith brings me, sure I can ''learn'' about Jesus from the Bible, but it's the experience through prayers and the Holy Spirit that I feel move my life the most, if that makes sense.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
If everyone followed the teachings of Christ, what would the world look like? I don't think anyone would be starving, no murders, no theft, no rape, and the sick would be cared for.
Would all this have to come through an institutional church?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
If everyone followed the teachings of Christ, what would the world look like? ...

It would look like any other country led by religion, - hell.

If Christianity was in charge in the USA, - they would be the latest Taliban, - forcing their religious laws on everyone else. :(

MHz

25,000 children a day wouldn't die of starvation. More consumers means more manufacturing and that is what a thriving civilization looks like.
A change in the climate might be all that is needed to solve that without anybody having to lift a finger. Should an ice-age condition return it is quite probable that the desert belt that circles the globe would grow 2 crops per year thanks to an increase in rain.
The river in Ezekiel:47 is a certain degree bigger than the Jordan is today. That amount of rainfall could of been why the garden was in bloom all the time.
The two flaming swords left to guard the tree of life were wind and heat and the Garden dried up to what it was like in Ge:2 before the mist came to the garden area of Eden.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It would look like any other country led by religion, - hell.

If Christianity was in charge in the USA, - they would be the latest Taliban, - forcing their religious laws on everyone else. :(

Are we talking about religion, or the teachings of Christ?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think that faith should also be experienced and it really can't be contained in a book. The joy that my faith brings me, sure I can ''learn'' about Jesus from the Bible, but it's the experience through prayers and the Holy Spirit that I feel move my life the most, if that makes sense.
That's right.
Go with what you experience and follow your heart over a book

RedDragon94

So you admit that Christian Church is based off the teachings of Christ? Therefore, no one can separate the teachings from the religion. It's all based on the New Testament.

I'm sorry if I'm putting you on the spot, it's just I know what Jesus taught and Jesus wanted to establish a religion of followers. People try to make it seem like Jesus was the epitome of compassion when he wasn't. For instance, Matthew 10:34. Jesus wanted people to focus on the next life instead of focus on this one.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So you admit that Christian Church is based off the teachings of Christ? Therefore, no one can separate the teachings from the religion. It's all based on the New Testament.

I'm sorry if I'm putting you on the spot, it's just I know what Jesus taught and Jesus wanted to establish a religion of followers. People try to make it seem like Jesus was the epitome of compassion when he wasn't. For instance, Matthew 10:34. Jesus wanted people to focus on the next life instead of focus on this one.
People don't need a Church to follow the teachings of Christ

RedDragon94

People don't need a Church to follow the teachings of Christ
Is that conducive with Matthew 16:18?

Jesus taught people to be apart of the Church, Pope. And you can say that being a Christian= being the church but I'm aware of the Christian concept of discipleship. What discipleship is, is basically like any other religion. You join a community. Can a person experience or learn more about Christianity apart from discipleship?

Did Jesus say you don't need a church in order to be a Christian?