• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If, cycle of deaths and births is true idea, do expect it should end ?

chinu

chinu
Assumption / Idea: Rebirth / reborn.
Brief description: One get birth in new human-family (NOT-animal) after every death -- Its an everlasting cycle of deaths and births.
Any other information: You are welcome to ask.

Taking the above assumption / Idea of rebirth / reborn into consideration:

Question is: Do you see this everlasting cycle of deaths and births as some kinda problem which must have END ?

Kindly note: please do refrain from posting in this thread if you don't like to assume this assumption because without this assumption, I don't have much to go on about, thank you.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Brief description: One get birth in new human-family (NOT-animal) after every death -- Its an everlasting cycle of deaths and births.

Question is: Do you see this everlasting cycle of deaths and births as some kinda problem which must have END ?

Kindly note: please do refrain from posting in this thread if you don't like to assume this assumption because without this assumption, I don't have much to go on about, thank you.
It would not be problematic for it to never end, however it sure would be inefficient to spend all that time forgetting and re-aquiring wisdom.

It would have made more sense to me for God to give us eternal life without the interuption of birth and death, although the same problem applies to all known Abrahamic concepts of life after death as well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I dont think anything ever truly ends in a continuum. I dont know why you would limit it to humans though.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It would not be problematic for it to never end, however it sure would be inefficient to spend all that time forgetting and re-aquiring wisdom.

I thought the same thing myself and concluded that it would essentially be something for that next being to worry about.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I solve problems

Knowing I am still alive

This is not a real problem

chinu

chinu

Interesting!
In this case I believe that we are NOT actually aware of what is wisdom inside us. The thing which we human count as our wisdom, is NOT wisdom in actual, Its just our ego, nothing else.

True wisdom we are NOT aware of -- and it is carried along with us in our next birth, without our knowing of what it is actually.

For example: some children are more wiser than some other children right from their birth.

It would have made more sense to me for God to give us eternal life without the interuption of birth and death, although the same problem applies to all known Abrahamic concepts of life after death as well.
But, I believe there's a provision to eternal life without an interruption of deaths and births.

chinu

chinu
Hence:
"Who Am I"
"Who believes"
"To whom pertains the problem"

Friend stvdv, it is really a difficult question to put in words, still I will try. but, I suggest you to read it again and again so that you could grasp.

Human is the mixture of three things: Body + Mind + Soul
First of all subtract the: Body

Now remains Mind + Soul
And the difference between mind and soul is very sensitive and I will try explain it with an example

For example: You (mind+soul) saw a beautiful car -- and you thought to own this beautiful car.

You saw this car -- is the job done by your soul.
You wanna own this car -- is the job done by your mind.

So, if the question is.. To whom pertains the problem ?
Its the "Mind" who failed to own this beautiful car.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Well, I assume (and in part know just no experience of past lives) is that once we have no longer ego, etc and cultivated generosity etc, we know karma life/continuity/action etc and no longer need to be reborn. We'd be free. We're the waves/ocean receding back into calmness or disruption.

I don't know how the end state would be. I highly assume (Id say know intelligently) it's not life after life. It's all one life.

Also, depends on which you're talking of. Hinduism or buddhism. There concepts of rebirth and reborn are different.

stvdv

Human is the mixture of three things: Body + Mind + Soul
First of all subtract the: Body

Now remains Mind + Soul
And the difference between mind and soul is very sensitive and I will try explain it with an example

For example: You (mind+soul) saw a beautiful car -- and you thought to own this beautiful car.

You saw this car -- is the job done by your soul.
You wanna own this car -- is the job done by your mind.

So, if the question is.. To whom pertains the problem ?
Its the "Mind" who failed to own this beautiful car.

Friend stvdv, it is really a difficult question to put in words, still I will try. but, I suggest you to read it again and again so that you could grasp..
:D
Very clear example. And indeed it is difficult to put in words, because when speaking we create duality. But reading between lines solves this.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Why "(NOT-animal)?"

And if one desires to remain in samsara, one will remain in samsara.

stvdv

Why "(NOT-animal)?"
My favorite short story, but long practice, (simple, though not easy at all :)) from the Yoga Vasistha, in this context, is:
An oft-recurring expression in this scripture is "kakataliya" - a crow alights on the coconut palm tree and that very moment a ripe coconut falls. The two unrelated events thus seem to be related in time and space, though there is no causal relationship.

Such is life. Such is "creation". But the mind caught up in its own trap of logic, questions "why", invents a "why" and a "wherefore" to satisfy itself, conveniently ignoring the inconvenient questions that still haunt an intelligent mind

Vasistha demands direct observation of the mind, its motions, its notions, its reasoning, the assumed cause and the projected result, and even the observed and the observation - and the realization of their indivisible unity as the infinite consciousness

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My favorite short story, but long practice, (simple, though not easy at all :)) from the Yoga Vasistha, in this context, is:

While I appreciate the story, I'm not understanding how you feel this is relevant to my question. Can you expand on your thoughts here?

stvdv

While I appreciate the story, I'm not understanding how you feel this is relevant to my question. Can you expand on your thoughts here?

A) The OP makes an assumption (+describes it in more detail) and ending it with:

B) You asked "Why...."

Hence your reply reminded me of the short anecdote
About "Asking why...."

This story is relevant if one wants Self Realization:). Not saying it is relevant to your other question:)
(I like it that @chinu gives us the option to ask questions, to get a clear picture before answering)