• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Christians Lived When Christ Was Alive, They will be the first to Oppose him?

If the so called Christians Have lived When Jesus Christ Was Alive They could be the First Persons who opposed Him , Christians Cannot See Someone Alive And Believe he is god. Suppose If Jesus living Physical visibly human now they will surely not accept him as god.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well...if the Bible stories are true, a coupla miracles might be enough to sway even a skeptic like me. Dandruff, on the other hand, might just confirm my atheism. So if your point is that people would believe int Godlike abilities of someone standing front oft who couldn't demonstrate their Godlike abilities then ...umm...l guess?
But some people think wrestIing is real so who knows?

seeking4truth

The Children of Israel knew that a Messiah would come to them. They had plenty of guidance in their scriptures to warn them yet when he came they(the religious authorities) did not recognise or accept him.
This was because they had developed their own idea of what he would be like and what he would do. They challenged Jesus to fulfill their own concept of Messiah and refused to believe him when he did not come up to their expectations. This has always been the way. Misunderstanding creates a block to acceptance.

This has happened repeatedly. Jews, Christians and Muslims have each their own concept of what the Messiah, predicted by each religion, would be like and would do; a misinterpreted concept. Hence they could not recognise him when he came. If they had done so there would be only one religion for they all taught the same thing.

The ways of God do not change. He sends men to guide men, men known and accepted for their high moral qualities, respected by their communities UNTIL they begin to claim to be prophets appointed to guide to the truth. THEN their communities reject them and their message until slowly the truth begins to be recognised and the number of 'believers' increases. Each community taking many years to develop into a world changing group.

Do not expect anything different from this repeated pattern or you may miss the real Messiah.

IslamAhmadiyya - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Al Islam Online - Official Website

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Christians Cannot See Someone Alive And Believe he is god.
But those who were with him when he was alive did see him as Divine. Otherwise, the movement would have died with the women fleeing the empty tomb from fear.

seeking4truth

But those who were with him when he was alive did see him as Divine. Otherwise, the movement would have died with the women fleeing the empty tomb from fear.

Not necessarily so!
Why would the women be afraid of an empty tomb if Jesus had told them he would be resurrected?

They were Jews and saw him as the fulfillment of their expectation of the Messiah, to bring them back to the Law of Moses, to call all the children of Israel back to submission to God. That's why they accepted him.

In Judea only two tribes were there. Jesus went on to teach the other tribes.

Random

If the so called Christians Have lived When Jesus Christ Was Alive They could be the First Persons who opposed Him, Christians Cannot See Someone Alive And Believe he is god. Suppose If Jesus living Physical visibly human now they will surely not accept him as god.

Yeah...

seeking4truth said:

Yeah.

sojourner

Not necessarily so!
Why would the women be afraid of an empty tomb if Jesus had told them he would be resurrected?

They were Jews and saw him as the fulfillment of their expectation of the Messiah, to bring them back to the Law of Moses, to call all the children of Israel back to submission to God. That's why they accepted him.

Mark is the oldest gospel we have. The story would simply have ended there, if they believed he was human. The prevailing messianic concept was one of a human military leader. Jesus was killed by the largest military machine in the world. Yet, even though Jesus was dead and the tomb empty, and the eyewitnesses gone out of fear, the story was told. They must have seen Jesus as more than simply human.

In Luke, Jesus is equated to Augustus, who was seen as divine.

No, the gospels themselves present Jesus as more than simply human.

sojourner

The Children of Israel knew that a Messiah would come to them. They had plenty of guidance in their scriptures to warn them yet when he came they(the religious authorities) did not recognise or accept him.
This was because they had developed their own idea of what he would be like and what he would do. They challenged Jesus to fulfill their own concept of Messiah and refused to believe him when he did not come up to their expectations. This has always been the way. Misunderstanding creates a block to acceptance.

This has happened repeatedly. Jews, Christians and Muslims have each their own concept of what the Messiah, predicted by each religion, would be like and would do; a misinterpreted concept. Hence they could not recognise him when he came. If they had done so there would be only one religion for they all taught the same thing.

The ways of God do not change. He sends men to guide men, men known and accepted for their high moral qualities, respected by their communities UNTIL they begin to claim to be prophets appointed to guide to the truth. THEN their communities reject them and their message until slowly the truth begins to be recognised and the number of 'believers' increases. Each community taking many years to develop into a world changing group.

Do not expect anything different from this repeated pattern or you may miss the real Messiah.

IslamAhmadiyya - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Al Islam Online - Official Website
The "warning" they had was not of their own making, but was one of the prophetic Tradition.

God's ways do change, since God became Incarnate, departing from the former ways of sending prophets. Now God, God's self, becomes human and teaches us.

Shermana

Heretic
Only 12 People Believed He is God.Verry few Almost all are Against Him.

Actually none of them likely believed he was "The god" but "a god" (the word "god" meaning angelic or Celestial beings of whom THE god was "the god of the gods") The concept of them believing he was "The god" did not develop until likely at least a century later. Even in Justin Martyr's time, he was understood as the "Angel of Great Council".

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
If you really read the Christian scriptures carefully, it wasn't the average person that opposed Jesus, but the religious leaders of the day. I think that the religious leaders nowadays, unfortunately, are just like them a lot of the time.

Jesus' Apostles believed Him to be the Messiah, I am not sure if they believed Him to be God or the Son of God. He called Himself "Son of Man" which means Prophet.

Actually none of them likely believed he was "The god" but "a god" (the word "god" meaning angelic or Celestial beings of whom THE god was "the god of the gods") The concept of them believing he was "The god" did not develop until likely at least a century later. Even in Justin Martyr's time, he was understood as the "Angel of Great Council".

Yes........

danieldemol

Premium Member
If you really read the Christian scriptures carefully, it wasn't the average person that opposed Jesus, but the religious leaders of the day. I think that the religious leaders nowadays, unfortunately, are just like them a lot of the time.

Jesus' Apostles believed Him to be the Messiah, I am not sure if they believed Him to be God or the Son of God. He called Himself "Son of Man" which means Prophet.

Although the average person didn't oppose Jesus per se, and although most of those who did recognise Him were from the common people, according to my understanding most of the common people followed their leaders in rejecting Jesus, and very few of the Israelis became followers of Jesus, even amongst the common people.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Although the average person didn't oppose Jesus per se, and although most of those who did recognise Him were from the common people, according to my understanding most of the common people followed their leaders in rejecting Jesus, and very few of the Israelis became followers of Jesus, even amongst the common people.

That's true. I wonder if the religious leaders of the time were the ones who discouraged the common folk from recognizing Him. Preachers nowadays are very good at influencing their flocks (congregations) to listen or not listen to certain people. Some people are sheep-like, they believe whatever those in charge tell them.

If the so called Christians Have lived When Jesus Christ Was Alive They could be the First Persons who opposed Him , Christians Cannot See Someone Alive And Believe he is god. Suppose If Jesus living Physical visibly human now they will surely not accept him as god.
It does seem that there are contradictions to be found between the teachings of modern Churches and those given by Christ -at least as far as one can deduce his teachings from the Bible.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
It does seem that there are contradictions to be found between the teachings of modern Churches and those given by Christ -at least as far as one can deduce his teachings from the Bible.

That is a sad fact in many Church services I've been to. I read the Christian scriptures before I ever went to a Church service and I couldn't believe what I was hearing in some cases.