• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Christianity is the truth then Judaism is also the truth

amorphous_constellation

This is just a sidebar, but our Tanakh places the Prophets before the Writings.

how were any of the things that came after the first 5 books even codified? That's the strangest part about Abrahamic religious system to me, the fact that there is anything at all beyond the 5 books that was taken so seriously , since they weren't describing law

Last edited:

Pilgrim Soldier

Boy are you in for a big surprise.

Hmm replacement theology. Kind of strange considering the Genesis states that the covenant for us is "everlasting."

Nope. Sorry, not mentioned in the Tanakh (OT).

Standard evangelical testimony. You guys really follow the formula.

The thing is, not everyone has a black heart or is in spiritual need. I already have God, who already forgives and helps me. God is my savior, I need no other.
There's no such thing as "replacement theology", we have fulfilment theology, where Jesus fulfilled all the requirements of the law for us and on our behalf. Jesus called the scribes and pharisees "children of the Devil".

You obviously don't believe that man fell in the garden of Eden, so you don't think you need to be saved.

I'm not sure which God you have, but it's not Jehovah as Jesus uses that name as One of His Titles.

Flankerl

how were any of the things that came after the first 5 books even codified? That's the strangest part about Abrahamic religious system to me, the fact that there is anything at all beyond the 5 books that was taken so seriously , since they weren't describing law

We are really sorry for writing our history down.

amorphous_constellation

We are really sorry for writing our history down.

that's what the druids usually thought, that nothing should be written down of their religion, or the magic of it would be compromised.. If you keep something oral, it is less physical, and possibly more spiritual (by that I mean less physically corruptible) in a multitude of ways..

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
There's no such thing as "replacement theology", we have fulfilment theology, where Jesus fulfilled all the requirements of the law for us and on our behalf. Jesus called the scribes and pharisees "children of the Devil".

You obviously don't believe that man fell in the garden of Eden, so you don't think you need to be saved.

I'm not sure which God you have, but it's not Jehovah as Jesus uses that name as One of His Titles.
Definition:
Replacement theology (also known as supersessionism) essentially teaches that the church has replaced Israel in God’s plan. Adherents of replacement theology believe the Jews are no longer God’s chosen people, and God does not have specific future plans for the nation of Israel.
What is replacement theology / supersessionism? | GotQuestions.org

Feel free to google Replacement Theology on your own. You'll find scads of websites discussing it. It really does exist as a defined and believed alternative theology in the Christian world. It became considerably less popular after the Holocaust and the founding of the modern State of Israel.

I had never heard of "fulfillment theology" and thought at first you were just making it up, but I googled it, and voila! There it was. It is a form of replacement theology. Anyhow I had a chance to learn a bit about it.

I actually DO believe we all have a Yetzer HaRa, an evil inclination, kind of what Christians mean when they say a sinful nature. So we are on the same page bout that. But God already forgives. He is by nature merciful and desires us to return to him. A human sacrifice is not only not needed, it is contrary to his stated Law.

I worship and obey the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Abraham knew him as El Shaddai, God Almighty. He was known to us at Sinai as yad hey vav hey, which we no longer know how to pronounce. "Jehovah" is an attempt to pronounce this tetragrammaton, but it is a butchered attempt, seeing as how there is no J sound in Hebrew. When worshipping, we call him Adonai, Lord. When not worshiping, we call him many titles, usually God or Hashem (the Name).

Generally speaking, Chrisitans do worship this same God, although they complicate things by setting up a human association with God (Jesus). It's a muddled monotheism that Jews may not succumb to.

Jesus never ever says, "I am yad hey vav hey." Never.