• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If animals can talk to each other, then why can't they pray to God ?

Rye_P

Deo Juvante
Many scientists have observed that animals talk to each other in their own language.

Elephants can call each other from long distances.

I never see an elephants discussing about my behaviour as my neighbor did.

And there's a slight differences between talking and communicating between human and animals.

chinu

chinu
We have destroyed some animals psychologically. They pray to humans waving their tails, doggies in particular. We use the name of their species as an abuse.
Employees wave their tail in front of their boss. Are bosses = God for them ?

chinu

chinu
I never see an elephants discussing about my behaviour as my neighbor did.
They have their own community and their own neighbourhood — they discuss that.

And there's a slight differences between talking and communicating between human and animals.
Perhaps, animals think the same for humans.

Rye_P

Deo Juvante

They discuss about their neighborhood? That's new for me.

Could you define it further?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Why NOT ?
If you can provide a route to such, as requested in my other post, then you might know why not. So please explain how this might happen - a concept in God, gods, or something similar, and then perhaps prayer.

Bear Wild

If animals can talk to each other, then why can't they pray to God ?

Have any animals at all told you that they do not pray to god? Seriously? Animals connect to the goddess Hertha all of the time. Chimpanzees and Elephants do ritual displays to the goddess Hertha and there is plenty of observations for this and why not other animals. No if you are specifying the human created Abrahamic god then there is no need for animals to pray a man made god is there?

Bear Wild

Yes they are all asking why humans are so stupid. Humans destroy the plants that give them oxygen they destroy the land that gives them food. They treat all other life with no respect. So they ask why would I pray to a god that doesn't stop this other animal from destroying the planet we share. Clearly not a very intelligent god.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes they are all asking why humans are so stupid. Humans destroy the plants that give them oxygen they destroy the land that gives them food. They treat all other life with no respect. So they ask why would I pray to a god that doesn't stop this other animal from destroying the planet we share. Clearly not a very intelligent god.

I had a dream once of my cat doing a documentary about humans and their strange behavior with toilet water. I will never forget his accent... It was so funny, but so true!

"I don't understand how these humans, presented with a pure source of water, just come along and befoul it!"

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I had a dream once of my cat doing a documentary about humans and their strange behavior with toilet water. I will never forget his accent... It was so funny, but so true!

"I don't understand how these humans, presented with a pure source of water, just come along and befoul it!"
Ahh so that’s why cats are so contemptuous of humans? Explains a lot

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Ahh so that’s why cats are so contemptuous of humans? Explains a lot

It makes sense...

Just imagine. Your throat is dry, you're overcome with thirst. Ahead, you see a cool bowl of water shimmering...and then some weird two legged creature comes up, squats, and.......... whaaaat!?!?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It makes sense...

Just imagine. Your throat is dry, you're overcome with thirst. Ahead, you see a cool bowl of water shimmering...and then some weird two legged creature comes up, squats, and.......... whaaaat!?!?
I see that. I’d hate us too.