• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If animals can talk to each other, then why can't they pray to God ?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I can talk to folks, and yet I don't pray to God either.
Why would I?
God is too huge to be aware of me.
:)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We have destroyed some animals psychologically. They pray to humans waving their tails, doggies in particular. We use the name of their species as an abuse.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Just pointing out that humans are animals. But I know what you intended in your question...

How do you know they cannot or do not? Have you asked an animal? More importantly, has s/he answered?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
As I alluded to in my response to the OP, how do you know this if you haven't experienced being an animal other than human?
AFAIK there has not been any evidence of this. I could be wrong of course. I have seen Planet of the Apes. Maybe chimpanzees know of praying and of deities, but that they all identify with atheism; agnosticism at least.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The only one that prays is the mantis, and says, "Please God, deliver me thine meal to eat and please don't deliver a mate that may eat me. Amen".

chinu

chinu
They don't have the insecurity that led humans to invent a mythology of significance and purpose?
They grow up and no longer feel the need for a strong, protective father-figure?
How came you know this ? :)
When animals told this to you about ?