• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If an afterlife exists?

ecco

Veteran Member
It is completely different... Kind of scary. :eek:

“The nature of the soul after death can never be described, nor is it meet and permissible to reveal its whole character to the eyes of men. The Prophets and Messengers of God have been sent down for the sole purpose of guiding mankind to the straight Path of Truth…… The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother. When the soul attaineth the Presence of God, it will assume the form that best befitteth its immortality and is worthy of its celestial habitation.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 156-157
An 1800's dropout from Islam has spoken and now we know all about the world beyond. No more questions need to be asked.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
An 1800's dropout from Islam has spoken and now we know all about the world beyond. No more questions need to be asked.
No so. Many more questions need to be asked, and that is why I ready so many other books about the afterlife. :D

ecco

Veteran Member
It is MY reality, it comes through my intuition.

Your intuition also tells you the world is flat. Is that your reality?

Your intuition also tells you that the sun rises in the East and traverses the sky to set in the West. Is it your reality that the sun is moving around the earth?

leov

Your intuition also tells you the world is flat. Is that your reality?

Your intuition also tells you that the sun rises in the East and traverses the sky to set in the West. Is it your reality that the sun is moving around the earth?
My intuition really does not care if world is flat it's spherical, I am adjusted to whatever it is.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Our existence do continue after this life yes :)
I see 5 different outcomes.
1: We are reborn as human beings
2: We are reborn as lower then human (animals, hungry ghosts,Hell)
3: We are reborn higher realm then humans ( deva, Arahant)
4: We reach enlightenment and will not be reborn i ay of the physical realms, but in nirvana
5: We get extinct and cease to exist
I believe it is:
1: We are reborn as human beings. We are born into a new world, the spiritual world.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodilyfunctions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life.

Heaven and Hell, p. 351

ecco

Veteran Member
i do not believe that we live one life. we may change vehicles but it always the same consciousness. physical world is just a place where we need ' a space suit', imo.

It is MY reality, it comes through my intuition.
My intuition really does not care if world is flat it's spherical, I am adjusted to whatever it is.

First, you say you base your reality on your intuition. Now you admit your intuition is not worthwhile.

You sound very confused.

leov

First, you say you base your reality on your intuition. Now you admit your intuition is not worthwhile.

You sound very confused.
If you are incapable of posting excerpts from a linked video, why would you expect me to take the time to look at it?
i am not here to change minds, you owe it yourself, i listened, i liked it, it us up to you.

"worthwhile "? i did not say anything like that. i don't hang my intuition on anyone , i just post my thoughts.

ecco

Veteran Member
i am not here to change minds, you owe it yourself, i listened, i liked it, it us up to you.

You think I owe it to myself to follow links posted by someone too lazy to comment of them? No, I don't.

"worthwhile "? i did not say anything like that. i don't hang my intuition on anyone , i just post my thoughts.
Uh huh.