• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If all religion united today it would be over .

james blunt

In a world where tensions run high and there is an ever changing climate , don't we think it is now time to set out differences to one side , uniting to live has one family ?
It seems rather silly that we argue our views and beliefs when if we all really wanted too , we could all join hands and all have a happy life . What's the point of continuing this seemingly never ending 'fight' of life ? There is no point, can't we all just accept we are all human and have intelligent brains ?

Believe in God by all means but let's try as supposedly intelligent beings , define God one and the same .

Axe Elf

Prophet
You are absolutely correct. I expect everyone to drop their silly misconceptions about God immediately, and allow me to inform you on how we will conceive of the Almighty from this point forward, in oneness and loving unity.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In a world where tensions run high and there is an ever changing climate , don't we think it is now time to set out differences to one side , uniting to live has one family ?
It seems rather silly that we argue our views and beliefs when if we all really wanted too , we could all join hands and all have a happy life . What's the point of continuing this seemingly never ending 'fight' of life ? There is no point, can't we all just accept we are all human and have intelligent brains ?

Believe in God by all means but let's try as supposedly intelligent beings , define God one and the same .

No. If so, we could be satanist as our common foundation. Everyone can be satanist.

What is inheritedly wrong with differences?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

I like your worldview. Sounds very Baha'i. :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not find it at all encouraging that when the OP suggests that we stop arguing our views and beliefs and unite as a people, half of the responses make mention a view or belief.

In my experience, religion affects division, not unity. It is love that unites.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
People would need to unite in more than religion to achieve what you'd like.

In the Baha'i view unity is an evolving process, and the need for practical unity based on need to survive the crisis of traumatic changes in the world where old systems and religions cannot address or resolve that tragedy divided world.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In the Baha'i view unity is an evolving process, and the need for practical unity based on need to survive the crisis of traumatic changes in the world where old systems and religions cannot address or resolve that tragedy divided world.
Surely to god (pun intended) we can come up with some better unifying doctrine than the Bahai's offerings.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yikes. I was going to say how incredibly naive the viewpoint expressed in the OP was and still is.

The Baha'i Faith does not expect a this evolving process to happen necessarily any time soon. It is possible, but considering the present entrenchment of ancient world views it will be unlikely,

To possibly have a world where its unified, freedom and rights have to be protected and love has to be prevalent. Religious beliefs in everyones head doesent do it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Why not just jointly celebrate the diversity that is? Diversity is wonderful. Look at the plant kingdom. You want one banana species, or a hundred?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I do not find it at all encouraging that when the OP suggests that we stop arguing our views and beliefs and unite as a people, half of the responses make mention a view or belief.

In my experience, religion affects division, not unity. It is love that unites.

I see it more, our individual faiths only work for the believer. We would ideally have no bias when we come and work together. We have our own motives to love; and, none of our motives and foundation is for everyone else. In other words, we dont need a common foundation to be united.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see it more, our individual faiths only work for the believer. We would ideally have no bias when we come and work together. We have our own motives to love; and, none of our motives and foundation is for everyone else. In other words, we dont need a common foundation to be united.

There is a common foundation, we are all Human. ;)

Regards Tony