• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If all paths lead to God, why should I choose your religion ?

Of course not, since there is no proof that God exists. However, that is a moot point, because it is not proof that makes God exist. Proof is just what some people want in order to believe that God exists.
That's sounds very delusional to me.
I believe that God exists in the absence of proof, since God chooses not to provide proof of His existence, only evidence. Evidence is not proof because evidence only indicates that God exists, whereas proof would verify God's existence as a fact.
Exactly. That would eliminate all this worshipping a ghost rubbish. It's the evidence I want, not prayers etc.
The reason God does not prove He exists is because God wants our faith.
How can you possibly know that? What unique access do you have that I don't?
If God proved He exists then we would no longer need faith because we would know for a fact that God exists.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
There will be no approaching god. God doesn't exist. All the praying on earth will not deliver one iota of anything from a ghost.

There's something I call GCL (God Can't Lose). You examine the evidence and accept any explanation that fits your preconceived answer, no matter how unlikely it is and how many more likely explanations there are. In the case of prayer, the most likely explanation is that if you have enough problems and enough prayers a small percentage of prayers will appear to be answered (that is the desired result will occur). What about all the other prayers that weren't answered? God didn't want to answer those ones.
Not one person earth has ever produced evidence a prayer was answered.

How can you know what God wanted? You don't.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's sounds very delusional to me.
There is nothing delusional about it. If is perfectly logical.
As an analogy, let's say a man committed a murder and there was no proof that could be found that the man committed the murder.
That man still committed the murder even though there is no proof that he did so.
Exactly. That would eliminate all this worshipping a ghost rubbish. It's the evidence I want, not prayers etc.
No matter what evidence we present to non-believers we cannot prove that evidence came from God.
It is not evidence that you want, it is proof, but there can never be any proof of God except God Himself.
I suggest you read my post: #920
How can you possibly know that? What unique access do you have that I don't?
"The reason God does not prove He exists is because God wants our faith. "
I know that because it is in the Bible, but it is also a matter of logic. An all-powerful God could prove He exists to everyone, so the fact that He has not done so must mean He wants us to believe on faith and evidence, not proof.
There will be no approaching god. God doesn't exist. All the praying on earth will not deliver one iota of anything from a ghost.
You are free to believe that if you want to but you cannot prove it, not any more than I can prove there is a God.
Moreover, asserting that God exists is false because it has not yet been proven true is a logical fallacy called Argument from ignorance.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
ah, so I guess that make 3 of us.

Meanwhile, I really do think that the religions can agree even if there are a few members who don't agree. My take is that the religions are apart from some of the adherents.
Here's the problem that I think many will not agree on: what tenets of a religion should members agree on, particularly if they affect members of other religions as well?

YoursTrue

Well, do you know that God is your version of the Christian God and not any other? I don't.
Considering what the Bible says, and by that I mean the history of those professing to worship the God indicated in the Bible concerning what is considered as "His" people, there were problems kind of from the start. That doesn't mean there is no landing point. It's just like Joshua told the Israelites when they were entering the Promised Land -- choose for yourselves which God you will serve. (or something like that) Since Jesus prayed that those professing belief should KNOW God, I guess that means God can make Himself known to whoever He wants to. Right?

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
There's something I call GCL (God Can't Lose). You examine the evidence and accept any explanation that fits your preconceived answer, no matter how unlikely it is and how many more likely explanations there are. In the case of prayer, the most likely explanation is that if you have enough problems and enough prayers a small percentage of prayers will appear to be answered (that is the desired result will occur). What about all the other prayers that weren't answered? God didn't want to answer those ones.
Reminds me of people who luve through the tornado. How God has saved them as they prayed. Yeah? What about all the ones who were praying as their homes were blown to smithereens and are no longer around to say how God saved them as they prayed? Ridiculous.

InChrist

Free4ever
I think the primary question would be; do all paths lead to God? What does God think about that idea? Is that God’s thought on the subject or a human created concept?What if God has a specific path or way?

Whatever the answers are, I think it’s pretty important to find the correct answers. People usually put a lot effort into major decisions of life; buying a house or vehicle, choosing a doctor or lawyer, deciding on the right partner, etc. Isn’t the decision concerning one’s eternal destiny of utmost importance and worth making sure one finds the right answers and makes the correct decision?

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Not one person earth has ever produced evidence a prayer was answered.
Prayer doesn’t help the outcome of a situation, but it does help the person praying through a situation.
How can you know what God wanted? You don't.
Whatever happens is what God wanted. If you get hit in a car accident and died it was because someone wanted to be in a space that you were currently occupying. And same goes with pretty much any death. The cancer wanted the body for itself, the heart attack was caused by cholesterol made after eating too many cheeseburgers. Unfortunately life is very pliable and easy to break down and kill due to the sheer amount of needs people have.

YoursTrue

Reminds me of people who luve through the tornado. How God has saved them as they prayed. Yeah? What about all the ones who were praying as their homes were blown to smithereens and are no longer around to say how God saved them as they prayed? Ridiculous.
It just reminds me of the statement that Jesus made when he said that those who lost their lives when a tower fell were no worse than those that are still alive.

YoursTrue

Prayer doesn’t help the outcome of a situation, but it does help the person praying through a situation.

Whatever happens is what God wanted. If you get hit in a car accident and died it was because someone wanted to be in a space that you were currently occupying. And same goes with pretty much any death. The cancer wanted the body for itself, the heart attack was caused by cholesterol made after eating too many cheeseburgers. Unfortunately life is very pliable and easy to break down and kill due to the sheer amount of needs people have.
Jesus taught his disciples to pray for God's KINGDOM to come to the earth, he did not teach his disciples to pray that they should escape all hardship.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Jesus taught his disciples to pray for God's KINGDOM to come to the earth, he did not teach his disciples to pray that they should escape all hardship.
But does that really matter? People can pray for anything they want. Also, typically, prayer isn’t used for all hardships, just the hardest hardships.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I think the primary question would be; do all paths lead to God?
I think the primary question would be is there a god? Scrap that,
the primary question would be what is a god?
What does God think about that idea? Is that God’s thought on the subject or a human created concept?What if God has a specific path or way?

Whatever the answers are, I think it’s pretty important to find the correct answers.
If it is important, shouldn't one then use the best methods and most stringent logic to answer it?
People usually put a lot effort into major decisions of life; buying a house or vehicle, choosing a doctor or lawyer, deciding on the right partner, etc. Isn’t the decision concerning one’s eternal destiny of utmost importance and worth making sure one finds the right answers and makes the correct decision?
Do people really put a lot of effort into these decisions? Have you ever made a decision matrix when you bought a car?

YoursTrue

But does that really matter? People can pray for anything they want. Also, typically, prayer isn’t used for all hardships, just the hardest hardships.
His disciples were told to pray for certain things. Sometimes known as the Lord's Prayer.

YoursTrue

Yes, it matters to some. Agreed people usually pray for deliverance from hardships. This is not the primary request Jesus taught his disciples to pray for. While God mandated death for humankind, He also allowed the way out by means of the hope for deliverance by Jesus Christ.