• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If all paths lead to God, why should I choose your religion ?

GINOLJC, to all.
there is only one way/path to God, and that's Holness. it was here before Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, or anything else. the "WAY" is Holiness, via righteousness. which is ONLY found in the Lord Jesus. it, (Holiness) , the Lord Jesus, was before the EARTH and the Heavens. and it/him will be when you and I are gone off the face of this planet.
How can you possibly know he was here before life etc?
It's a big stretch to suggest you know that when there's no evidence of anything remotely like that.
now, whatsoever you want to call yourself..... "Fine", 101G has not problem with that, just be HOLY. Leviticus 19:1 "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying," Leviticus 19:2 "Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy."

Leviticus 20:7 "Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God."

was that just for OT Israel? let's see. 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:" 1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow." 1 Peter 1:12 "Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into." 1 Peter 1:13 "Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;" 1 Peter 1:14 "As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:" 1 Peter 1:15 "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;" 1 Peter 1:16 "Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."

now, who is God Calling unto himself? let the bible answer, Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." ...... Acts 2:37 "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?" Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

say what? "even as many as the Lord our God shall call." question, is the Lord God calling today? yes, then holiness is for us today.

now to directly address the OP heading, after this...... Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

NOTE: WAYS of DEATH..... WAY(S), yes, way with the "s" at the end, ...... (smile), those MANY WAY(S) will lead to ...... DEATH. as 101G said.... your choice. or the devil .... "(go ahead, eat, those ways to god) and the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die". and the serpent is saying the same thing to U today.... there are many way to God, you shall not surely die. ...... lol, lol, lol, oh the foolish at heart.

just keep this ONE verse in the back of one's mind, Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."., not just ONE way to DIE, but MANY ways to DIE.

101G.
None of the above proves theres a god. You can believe that forever but it doesn't make it fact.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The point is I have never made a claim a god exists. You people pray and speak of a celestial dictatorship as if it is fact when it is clearly not. In fact, evidence is always the first casualty in religious debates. Most simply skip over it and don't mention it.

You're suggestion I put in an effort to find this path.
Tell me what steps need to taken to expose it.
Let me guess.
The first is I have to be committed to believing some sacred ghost in the sky, pray my knees to the bone, believe in immaculate conception and virgin births and someone can walk on water. Will that be enough?
Did it do it for anyone? I very much doubt it because I believe they believe in belief itself.
It's impossible for any such scenario to prove anything.

I suggest to all believers that their "work" has produced delusions only.

I'm not going to tell you how or even in who to believe in.

Also, I do not believe in any of this:

"The first is I have to be committed to believing some sacred ghost in the sky, pray my knees to the bone, believe in immaculate conception and virgin births and someone can walk on water."

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Do you want to worship God, or do you want to be an active participate of shaping that God? Using your God-created intuition to understand and know God is more important than blind obedience to scriptures and rituals. Choose not to fear God but to be an active, living force of this God, and one day, someday, you'll have more control over its destiny than you could ever possibly imagine.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I suggest what you believe is not a path at all. You might want eternity but it's a fallacy in my opinion. I've seen no evidence there is.
7f037m.jpg

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
This has always perplexed me. "God," to a Hindu, is a whole different concept from that imagined by Abrahamics. Hindus and Abrahamics live in different spiritual worlds, with different goals, values, moral and social systems. They live in different metaphysical realities.
Different God, different goals. But both paths lead to their God and goals. If you were to ask me, the peace of mind and feeling of love is similar, if not the same, at the end of all paths that emphasize that.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Sri Ramakrishna did.

"God can be realized through all paths. All religions are true. The important thing is to reach the roof. You can reach it by stone stairs or by wooden stairs or by bamboo steps or by a rope. You can also climb up by a bamboo pole." ~ Ramakrishna​
Also I did.
Oh. It sounds a little preposterous, but -- if that's what you think, I guess that's what you think. :) Have a good evening.

Merry Meet ronkie 23, and thanks for your question. I am a Christian-Wiccan-Shaman-Witch so I will try to briefly tell each religion I am from. Actually I think this is one of the best questions to ask of any religion.

I think one of my biggest concerns I have about any religion is when a person is pressured to join a religious faith or someone makes it a condition in order to be their friend.

A lot of Christians are upset with me because I don't encourage people to come to Jesus. I think it is important to follow your heart and if Jesus has touched your heart in some way get to know Him. He really is an awesome King and I personally talked to Him when I briefly died several years back. His message to me is to show the love He has shown me and don't worry if people accept Him or not. He is here for you and that's what I love about Him. I never met a King that loves you for who you are, but that is what Jesus has done for me.

As a Wiccan, I love the religion because it helps me to be myself. I am a witch that can practice my craft without any guilt within a Wiccan setting. Another thing I love about Wicca is that there is no concept of Sin to bring you down. You are here with all your perfections and flaws before the Goddess and God of Nature. Wicca to me is a celebration of Life, Nature, and cycle of seasons that's so fun to celebrate. Since I am from Earth and Wicca is generally an Earth based religion I really feel at home in this Religious setting. Although Witchcraft is not a religion the magic I perform with Wicca has more special meaning to me as it helps me to balance my life with Perfect Love and Perfect Trust. My magic is very powerful, but the power I seek is not to make others bow down to me, but the power of a smile, a gentle touch, an acknowledgement that you are special and deserve to be here.

Shamanism is a very dear religion to me because it connects me to the indigenous people that's part of my family's heritage. I am a healer, a spiritual advisor to the living and dearly departed spirits that are in my life. I love visiting my deceased elders from the past, the ceremonial dances, and portals past Shamans have made so I can visit them. I love my Indian family that has my back whenever I go on dangerous Vision Quests by having medicine men and women pray for me, and the best part of Shamanism is finding out how Sacred and beautiful everything is, including the Sacred You! Have you ever walked as a pure Being on Mother Earth before? It is the most wonderful Sacred moment of your life and why I love Shamanism so much.

Last edited:

Ella S.

Dispassionate Goth
If you wish to attain a dispassionate peace of mind, then you share that goal with the Stoics and would probably benefit from reading about how they have tried to go about doing this and where they have failed. It's not necessary for you to call yourself a Stoic to learn from what they've written.

I used to be at odds with the moral rationalism that Stoics take, where they assert that goodness is known a priori and it's merely a lack of understanding about how to get it that causes evil. I've been quite skeptical that there is any universal motivator among the human race. The idea that evil is merely a consequence of being incorrect in our perceptions seemed quite bizarre to me.

Recently, I realized that we were all infants once, and the vast majority of us sought out food, sleep, entertainment, and company. In a way, this does show that we all seek out contentment from birth. We had to learn to want things like nice houses, better cars, doctorates, good grades, and so on, but almost always as extrinsic goods for pursuing that contentment and satisfaction. Even our moral development frequently begins with a desire to avoid punishment and earn praise.

Stoicism teaches us how to find contentment without relying as much on external objects and situations like those, as well as how to be less dissatisfied. In that sense, I think there probably is something worthwhile in Stoicism for virtually everyone.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

"If all paths lead to God, why should I choose your religion ?"

You should not, of course. Religion is just too personal a subject matter.

That clarified, I should point out that the premise is actually meaningless. Not even functional enough to be wrong, mistaken or misguided; just meaningless.

We Never Know

No Slack
Because, according to my beliefs, my religion is the religion God wants us to follow in the age we are living in.

According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions, churches, denominations, religious bodies, faith groups, tribes, cultures, movements etc..

They all believe they are right.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions, churches, denominations, religious bodies, faith groups, tribes, cultures, movements etc..

They all believe they are right.
They can believe anything they want to believe and so can I. When and how we will ever know who was right is anyone's best guess. ;)

Sir Joseph

It's not possible for all paths to lead to God when each of the major religions have opposing historical accounts, descriptions of deity, and belief systems. So, suggesting that all paths lead to God is as irrational as claiming that all religions are right.

So how should one choose the right path over others? Well, I wouldn't trust the fate of my potential eternal soul on someone's opinion or my own feelings of preference. Neither assures discovery of the truth. The matter warrants some serious personal study.

When assessing the foundational basis for a religious faith, I'd suggest that the evidence be examined in determining whether it represents the words of God or man. No doubt, masses of people cling to philosophical belief systems clearly representing mortal man's views, but shouldn't a higher source of truth be sought if one exists?

With more attacks against Christianity than any other religion in recent history, the result has been an abundance of apologetic material defending the faith. A study of the historical reliability, archaeological findings, scientific insight, and manuscript evidence can uphold the Bible's authority with reasonable confidence. But studying the specific, fulfilled prophesies within the Bible exhibits its Divine revelation unlike any other religion in the world. Only God, being beyond time, space, and matter, can predict the future precisely, and only the Bible has documented examples of doing so.

Truth is a reflection of reality, and reality in religions can be determined by a fair examination of the evidence. For anyone with an open heart to seek God, there is just one path (now) through Jesus. A study of the Bible will lead you down that correct path.

Heyo

Veteran Member
It's not possible for all paths to lead to God when each of the major religions have opposing historical accounts, descriptions of deity, and belief systems. So, suggesting that all paths lead to God is as irrational as claiming that all religions are right.

So how should one choose the right path over others? Well, I wouldn't trust the fate of my potential eternal soul on someone's opinion or my own feelings of preference. Neither assures discovery of the truth. The matter warrants some serious personal study.

When assessing the foundational basis for a religious faith, I'd suggest that the evidence be examined in determining whether it represents the words of God or man. No doubt, masses of people cling to philosophical belief systems clearly representing mortal man's views, but shouldn't a higher source of truth be sought if one exists?

With more attacks against Christianity than any other religion in recent history, the result has been an abundance of apologetic material defending the faith. A study of the historical reliability, archaeological findings, scientific insight, and manuscript evidence can uphold the Bible's authority with reasonable confidence. But studying the specific, fulfilled prophesies within the Bible exhibits its Divine revelation unlike any other religion in the world. Only God, being beyond time, space, and matter, can predict the future precisely, and only the Bible has documented examples of doing so.

Truth is a reflection of reality, and reality in religions can be determined by a fair examination of the evidence. For anyone with an open heart to seek God, there is just one path (now) through Jesus. A study of the Bible will lead you down that correct path.
Who has the time to study thousands of religions and tens of thousands denominations?
I just wait until all the religionists have come together and have found a consensus on what the true religion is. You already agree upon one important thing which I'm not convinced off, you should be able to unite if you have the necessary epistemology to find the truth.