• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If all paths lead to God, why should I choose your religion ?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't think that any religions lead to God, but if I had to pick a religion it would be the UUs. They tend to be friendly and they have good pot lucks after their Sunday services.
When I was living in a motel room I appreciated the free suppers offered by the Methodist church. However God had never drawn me to a Methodist church and I am usually more comfortable in a Baptist Church.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Our religion leads to eternal life. The alternatives through other religions are Hell or outer darkness.

You say that as if it's a matter of fact, which it isn't in my opinion and the opinion of many others. It's your opinion based on your beliefs.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Lots promised, nothing delivered

You can say that again. I can't believe all the years I wasted foolishly believing in and having faith in God. I believe that if I had come to my senses years earlier, I could have emotionally healed sooner and saved myself years of pain and depression. I finally mustered the courage to renounce my belief in God and leave Christianity two years ago, and it was without a doubt the best decision I've ever made for my mental health and emotional well-being.

Audie

Veteran Member
You can say that again. I can't believe all the years I wasted foolishly believing in and having faith in God. I believe that if I had come to my senses years earlier, I could have emotionally healed sooner and saved myself years of pain and depression. I finally mustered the courage to renounce my belief in God and leave Christianity two years ago, and it was without a doubt the best decision I've ever made for my mental health and emotional well-being.
There was no religion in my home life.

Nothing to recover from.
I've heard stories, though!