• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Adam had not sinned.

waitasec

Veteran Member
So animals and Man are the same?...no difference?...really?
you actually believe the universe and all that is in it was created because of mankind?

Now you're stuck.

Participating in a topic you don't believe in.
How can you have an opinion for an event you claim did not happen?

This topic...if Adam had not sinned....
hinges on only two possibilities....both include Adam....as real.

oh i see, so if i don't believe an event ever happened, i am not allowed to question it...?
i guess that would fly in north korea...but why would you adhere to that sort of practice...silence those who disagree with you?
no i'm not stuck, i am free to voice my opinion
besides, you knew that already...why act so surprised?

:areyoucra

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It had nothing to do with, the subject that I am posting about. And don't ask me again,or you will be ignored, stick with the topic. I am not going to be answering a bunch of questions, this is not a question answering session for me. I am providing biblical facts of what I believe, and defend them with scripture, if you cannot deal with that , fine. I dont mind questions that I feel that are related to the subject and what I posted, but for now on, all questions I perceive as unrelated, they will be ignored. Now defend what you believe if you can.

So you cannot tell the different between beliefs and facts?
That would sure explain a lot.

It is interesting how you feel the need to have such control over the discussion.
What is it that you fear?

Last edited by a moderator:

anthony55

False Dichotomy.
Adam may well have never existed.

You entitled to your opinion. My opinion is He did exist according to the scripture, whether you believe it or not. If you dont believe he existed, then it makes no sense for you to debate the issue at hand.:rolleyes:

anthony55

titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

so we existed before the world began?

Duh what does the scripture say that I presented ? 1 Jn 2:25. You made the statement that the promise was made to someone who did not exist, I showed you a scripture that stated the promise was to us. Now how do you deal with that. ? If all you have are questions and nothing to present as what you believe to be fact, as I do scripture, then you are not debating, you are just asking questions. Thats not what debating is.

To debate is to present opposing view points, this you have failed to do. Are you able to do that or not ?

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You entitled to your opinion. My opinion is He did exist according to the scripture, whether you believe it or not. If you dont believe he existed, then it makes no sense for you to debate the issue at hand.:rolleyes:
Your entitled to your opinion.
You are not, however, entitled to give me my opinion.
Now I understand that you have problems with opposing opinions to the point you have to ignore questions you do not like.

So how about you just continue to ignore the questions you cannot answer and stop trying to give people the opinion you want them to have?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Titus 1:1-2 -

Titus 1:

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
hmmm...i think you quoted titus, and that is what i responded to :facepalm:

Who said something was promised to no one ? Did I post that ? Another dumb question.

Did not I post 1 Jn 2:25 ? Maybe I need to post it again. 1 Jn 2:25

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

so we existed before the world began?

So you cannot tell the different between beliefs and facts?
That would sure explain a lot.

It is interesting how you feel the need to have such control over the discussion.
What is it that you fear?

Another dumb irrelavant comment.

Duh what does the scripture say that I presented ? 1 Jn 2:25

hmmm, wonder why you're being so defensive?
these responses are rather telling...and self defeating. you fail to persuade
while you exceed with your ability to insult...not a very strong trait from someone who claims to know so much.

Last edited:

anthony55

mes:

You are not, however, entitled to give me my opinion.

I am not doing that, I am giving mine. Are you able to give yours and defend it by whatever sources you believe to be credible ? Or is this a one sided questionnaire? Thats not debate, you are in the wrong forum. Try something else.

anthony55

mes:

Now I understand that you have problems with opposing opinions

No, I welcome your opinion on the subject, but you have not offered any, you have been asking questions about my view. Obviously you do not understand the difference between you defending your opinion with facts you believe to be credible and asking me questions about my view that I have presented with what I deem credible.

waitasec

Veteran Member
waite:

lol, I wonder why you have no view to present and defend on this issue, and you are on a debating forum ?

well i am presenting questions that challenge your opinion and you seem to avoid them by dismissing these questions as dumb
even if it were a dumb question, why react so harshly?

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
anthony55,
i guess you take issue with someone who criticizes your opinions and ideas and take these criticisms personally, hence dismissing a question that has been posited as dumb...
then what is the point in debating?

outhouse

Atheistically
If Adam had not sinned, would he eventually have gone to heaven?

AND which of the three different concepts of heaven are you talking about???

At the time of adam, heaven had a different meaning then now.

any chance you believe the story of adam came from the sumerian creation story in which the first man was Adamu?????????

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That is a gross misread.
Go back and read it again.
God created all things that walk on Day Six....including Man.
No names....no law....no restrictions....
'go forth be fruitful and multiply...dominate all things.'
Man as a species.
Chapter Two is not a retelling of Chapter One.
Chapter Two comes AFTER Day Seven.

Gen 1v1 to 2v4 describes heaven and earth and all in them [cosmos]
Gen 2v5 to 4v26 concentrates on the creation of the human race and its downfall into sin.

Gen 1 to 2v4 is constructed chronologically divided into six consecutive days.
Gen 2v5 to 4v26 is written in the order of topical importance.

Gen two adds some details that just take up at a point in day three.
'All' created before day seven.
There is No close to day seven.
Paul believed day seven was still on going in his day. -Hebrews 4vs4-10

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Gen 1v1 to 2v4 describes heaven and earth and all in them [cosmos]
Gen 2v5 to 4v26 concentrates on the creation of the human race and its downfall into sin.

Gen 1 to 2v4 is constructed chronologically divided into six consecutive days.
Gen 2v5 to 4v26 is written in the order of topical importance.

Gen two adds some details that just take up at a point in day three.
'All' created before day seven.
There is No close to day seven.
Paul believed day seven was still on going in his day. -Hebrews 4vs4-10

My copy reports....Chapter Two...verse two...
"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made....."

Chapter Two continues to tell the story of the garden event.
It is a story of manipulation...not creation.
It has all the earmarks of a science experiment.

In all fairness there is a recent rewrite....
That copy strips the name of Moses and the title Genesis from the first page.
It also declares the Chapter Two version (of that rewrite) to be a retelling of Chapter One. It's a creationist's bible....written to suit that discussion.

anthony55

well i am presenting questions that challenge your opinion and you seem to avoid them by dismissing these questions as dumb
even if it were a dumb question, why react so harshly?

You are presenting dumb questions that have nothing to do with what I stated about adam and if he had not sinned. You came out of left field with a question about the the disappearance of Christ body or something like that. Now look, if you are going to debate and present your view about the subject matter and defend it,then do it. If not you will be ignored. Last warning ..

waitasec

Veteran Member
You are presenting dumb questions that have nothing to do with what I stated about adam and if he had not sinned. You came out of left field with a question about the the disappearance of Christ body or something like that. Now look, if you are going to debate and present your view about the subject matter and defend it,then do it. If not you will be ignored. Last warning ..

hold on a second, you gave me scripture that says flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven in response to my reply which was that adam wouldn't have died if he hadn't sinned...so my question was absolutely valid...
instead of offering a response based on your opinion, you threw out a red herring, something you do very often i might add...and then proceded to insult my intelligence...something i find very offensive given the fact i haven't offended you in any way.

and the other "dumb" question was about your usage of the titus passage which claims god promised eternal life even before we were supposedly created, so my question again was absolutely valid...who was god promising eternal life to if life hadn't been created...

if you are going through a hard time having your opinions being challenged i suggest you think twice about why you're here...is it to learn or to convince yourself why it is you hold these opinions...

55 posts in and you're already telling people how to debate?
:facepalm:

Last edited: