• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there...

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
If a thread disappears and everyone has a copy of it in their private messages, did it ever really disappear?
Not if people have the foresight to download it onto their private hard drive.

ahem... hint...:angel2:

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Who would have thought that RF could go from really nice and friendly to Big Brother... it seems like only yesterday the new owners were saying that nothing would change and they liked how things were on the forum.

FFH

Veteran Member
If a thread disappears and everyone has a copy of it in their private messages, did it ever really disappear?
Yeah the new owners are conspiring against an accidental forum melt down in which all info is lost..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please.....give the new owners a break...

Change is inevitable and without change this forum would die a slow and painful death.

God has key people in certain positions who have the knowledge and skills to keep this thing going.

I have no doubts of this...

FFH

Veteran Member
Not if people have the foresight to download it onto their private hard drive.

ahem... hint...:angel2:
Yeah, but for what reason, to question those who are keeping this thing going the best way they know how ???

Bills have to get paid and the necessary changes made in order to keep this thing running smoothly and efficiently...

You guys take this forum too seriously...

It's just a forum, it may die in the future, that's just part of life...we will all move on...life goes on...

Copy your personal posts onto your personal computer files if you think this forum will be shut down or changed dramatically and move to another forum...

I actually have a life outside the forum and if it all disappears tomorrow, no big deal...I don't have any of my posts or anyone else's posts copied onto my computer..

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
God has key people in certain positions who have the knowledge and skills to keep this thing going.

And you think that we're the ones taking this forum too seriously? :areyoucra

Yeah, but for what reason, to question those who are keeping this thing going the best way they know how ???

Bills have to get paid and the necessary changes made in order to keep this thing running smoothly and efficiently...

It's just a forum, it may die in the future, that's just part of life...we will all move on...life goes on...
As Jay said, people get the forums that they deserve. :rolleyes:

Bishka

Veteran Member
Yeah the new owners are conspiring against an accidental forum melt down in which all info is lost..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please.....give the new owners a break...

Change is inevitable and without change this forum would die a slow and painful death.

Do you even have a clue of what is actually going on? :sarcastic

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur

LOL!!! :biglaugh:

I cannot believe you wrote that.

Do you seriously believe GOD is keeping RF going?

ROFL!!!!

jonny

Copy your personal posts onto your personal computer files if you think this forum will be shut down or changed dramatically and move to another forum...

I actually have a life outside the forum and if it all disappears tomorrow, no big deal...I don't have any of my posts or anyone else's posts copied onto my computer..

Thank you for the advice. I just downloaded every post that I've ever written and am saving a copy of the forums on my laptop. I need this information for my posterity. :cool:

FFH

Veteran Member
Do you even have a clue of what is actually going on? :sarcastic
Yes, I saw the posts by Danisty that were quickly deleted...

No need to keep them and discredit the new owners, they did the right thing by quickly deleting them.. Let's all just chill and take it easy.. You guys take this forum too seriously. It's just a forum another one can be created in it's place if needs be.......

I've been through several changes in ownership where I work and things ooly got better...

The same will happen here and if it doesn't no big deal.

jonny

I am so glad I started this thread. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Thank you everyone.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Thank you for the advice. I just downloaded every post that I've ever written and am saving a copy of the forums on my laptop. I need this information for my posterity. :cool:
How do you do that? Is there an easier way than to go to each post and hit Ctrl-A then Alt-Tab and then Ctrl-V back and forth from Firefox to Word for hundreds or thousands of posts?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I've been through several changes in ownership where I work and things ooly got better...

The same will happen here..

a good example of the gambler's fallacy in action...

FFH, you are more fun than a barrel full of monkeys with keyboards.

FFH

Veteran Member
LOL!!! :biglaugh:

I cannot believe you wrote that.

Do you seriously believe GOD is keeping RF going?

ROFL!!!!
Dude, you have no idea how God works things out.. God uses athiests as much as he does prophets to fulfill his work.

If this forum is so important to so many people then he will keep it going. If not it will die...

I think it's an important forum to keep going, obviously because of it's religious nature, but if it dies we can all move on...

Remember to take a deep breath in between laughs Comp...