• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a shapeshifter was out to kill you, what would you do?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Any stranger you pass by, any friend or family, any cashier, any animal... anyone could be the shifter. What would you do?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How do we really know who wants to kill us? Also, what if someone acts like he or she does because you might jump off a bridge because of him/her, but really he or she would never think of such a thing?

It is a shapeshifter. OK?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd turn the page to the story of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.

Oh, what a coincidence.

"It is a shapeshifter. OK?"
It is because to look different on the outside has to come with being different on the inside. It just does. I don't know why.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Any stranger you pass by, any friend or family, any cashier, any animal... anyone could be the shifter. What would you do?

Regular phaser sweeps and blood screenings have been used as deterrents, although the quantum stasis device used by Garak to interrogate Odo was also some interesting technology. If it's portable and has a long enough range, any shapeshifter in the vicinity would be unable to change shape.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I would use my Wizard's Sight to see the true nature of the shape shifter, and hope it's not some horrific monstrosity who breaks my sanity upon viewing it.

Milton Platt

Sort of like asking, "If a hen and a half could lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long would it take a pegged-legged grasshopper to kick a hole through a brick wall?"

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
First thing I would do is pee. That would create at least one thing in my environment that I knew was not the shape-shifter. Then I would put on a disguise, because the shape-shifter would not expect it. I would then secretly observe my home and my normal pathways to see if there was any unusual activity, so that I could hopefully detect and study the shape-shifter and follow it to its home base. After identifying its home I would study it further. Ideally I would turn it to my side, because having a shape-shifter for an ally would be kind of nice.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Ask a trick question, like "Hey, remember that one time when we did such and such?" "Heh, yeah. Good times." "Ah-ha, but that never happened!", then proceed to snap shapeshifter's neck.