• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a god wrote a book ...

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
.... what would we expect to see in that book? What would we expect to not see?

As "a God", I'm speaking of a being most commonly associated with god: Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, Omni-benevolent.

IF such a being truly wrote a book .... what would it look like?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

As "a God", I'm speaking of a being most commonly associated with god: Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, Omni-benevolent.

A perfect list of the exact time *you*(and others) would begin reading the book.

rusra02

Premium Member

The Bible.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I'm guessing it would look like a book published by Tyndale.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
He had over 12 billion years to write it before a single human was capable of reading it.

What intergalactic language would he most likely use? A human language might be pretty crude, honestly. Vocal cords, a closed system of structural meaning, a shared set of crude symbols representing symbols. Eh.

What kind of language transmission system would he use? Crushed up wood pulp, pressed, dried, then scribbled on with using some kind of crude dye, then bound together in some kind of processed glue? Really?

What would be the content of such a writing? Can't even imagine, though I would assume that the exploits of a single species of primate on a little rock in the *** end of space might bear only a few footnotes in such a work. Boring.

Then again, if you're religious, you might assume you and your species is terribly important to such a being. . . So, I dunno. . . The Bible, Vedas, Koran could be an answer. . . or something else that's painfully pedestrian and awkwardly narcissistic.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It'd be written in French and have a white cover with sewn in bookmarks and say stuff that God would say like "C'est la miséricorde que je désire, et non les sacrifices." I like that one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As I've stated before, basically the Elder Scrolls.
Hail Sithis!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If there were such a book, I would knowledge of the universe that is accurate, facts of life that are accurate, messages of respecting and taking care of the Earth and each other, and because it's supposed to be a god, the ability to curse those who abuse it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

"God" already wrote the book. What we write on paper as a reflection, experience, and observation of life supernatural or not are just commentary.

Why would anyone need god to write a book anyway?

Id say, another option: nothing. Invisible ink?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

It would contain some ancient clear-cut statements like: guys, earth is orbiting the sun, and not the other way round, believe me, I made them.

Ciao

- viole

Sabour

Hello there.

I am a muslim. I believe there is no God except Allah and the Quraan is the last revelation and the only intact Word of God. For this I would say, it would look exactly like the Quraan.

If you are not interested in the answer I provided so far, let me tell you than that it would be error free, can stand on its own, and be a complete guidance for people how to live their life in all circumstances. It also should have explanations and answers to the most important questions that we need an answer to.