• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a ban is passed on so called "assault weapons, what happens next?

Curious George

Veteran Member
I always find it interesting how gun fetishists will argue that someone who would murder with a gun could just as easily commit mass murder with whatever they happen to have at hand, but then they'll turn right around and argue that if they don't have quick access to a loaded ridiculous firearm with a giant magazine, they won't be able to stop the boogeymen they imagine are out to murder their family.

This kind of hypocrisy would be funny if it didn't have such a death toll associated with it.
People will defend themselves with whatever means are available also. The question isn't do people need to defend themselves, rather should others have the right to restrict reasonable means of defending oneself.

No hypocrisy.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Thats a bunch of nonsense, studies show a gun owner is more likely to use his gun to kill himself or another family member, than he is likely to use it to defend himself.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Thats a bunch of nonsense, studies show a gun owner is more likely to use his gun to kill himself or another family member, than he is likely to use it to defend himself.
I can only wonder whether this reply was to me...

I am not sure you understand the studies that you are attempting to cite. I also doubt very much that you have critically examined any of said studies.

I would have you know 100% of all people that drink water die.

Curious George

Veteran Member
A 2014 review in the Annals of Internal Medicine concluded having a firearm in the home, even when it's properly stored, doubles your risk of becoming a victim of homicide and triples the risk of suicide. -- Does a Gun Make Your Home Safer? | SafeWise

I am pretty sure my response to @Lyndon applies to this as well.

This is a divided subject. Both sides will try to get you to drink their kool-aid. Stay genuine.

Cheers

Suave

Simulated character
That isn’t technically or practically feasible. Anyone with a 3D printer and quite little technical know how can print a gun.
My dear RF comrade, for the interest of your safety please don't shoot bullets from a poorly constructed 3d printed plastic firearm that might explode in your hands. Also, these ghastly ghost guns are illegal as they could be smuggled undetected by metal detectors.