• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a 20-ton tree fell on Adam before he sinned, would he have died?

Midnight Pete

If the world was flat like they thought back then they could just keep increasing the area.

Adam was not immortal, at least not after being expelled from Eden. The Bible mentions how old he was when he finally bough the farm.

Genesis 5:5 (Today's New International Version)
5 Altogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died.

Faithfreedom

i gotta change my avatar
If everything that ever lived was still alive today we would be so thick in creatures and plants it would probably reach to the moon. We die to make room for the next generation. End of story

cheers

Nah, we would have built spaceships and colonised other worlds.

cheers, mate.

St Giordano Bruno

Nah, we would have built spaceships and colonised other worlds.

cheers, mate.

Most people don't realize just how much of a science fiction fantasy that could be. Don't you realized that to even travel to the nearest star, Alpha Centauri is equivalent to 100 million round trips to the moon or 10 thousand round trips to Neptune.

Faithfreedom

i gotta change my avatar
Most people don't realize just how much of a science fiction fantasy that could be. Don't you realized that to even travel to the nearest star, Alpha Centauri is equivalent to 100 million round trips to the moon or 10 thousand round trips to Neptune.
If the first couple hadn't fell from grace, they would live forever. Their children would also be the same. So time to them won't be a factor.

Besides, they have warp drive!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Stephen Hawking speaks of it with some optimism. Actually the way he theorized it to happen it would only require one generation to live approximately their entire life in the space shuttle. On Naked Science he even said that humans might just colonize other planets and survive as a species after the earth is destroyed.

Midnight Pete

Stephen Hawking speaks of it with some optimism. Actually the way he theorized it to happen it would only require one generation to live approximately their entire life in the space shuttle. On Naked Science he even said that humans might just colonize other planets and survive as a species after the earth is destroyed.

The death or destruction of Earth is certain yet far, far, far in the future. I won't be around when it happens, which is why I could care less.

PhAA

Grand Master
If we assume that everything in the bible is true (god, heaven, hell, etc), wouldn't it be pretty stupid to trade your immortality for a fruit?

Wasn't:grill: it due to man's sin that God sentenced man to die? I have wrestled with the thoughts about why then that monkey's die, fish die, birds die, grass dies, etc.

And I am confused as to the real truth as to why man dies. I can't imagine some huge tree falling on Adam's head, and the tree just snaps in half on his head, while Adam continues walking on his merry way?

I have many questions regarding the truth of the Bible, and am not sure whether to lay them all out right here, and be done with them, or to start new threads for each one?

The most probable scenario is that god did not sentence man to die, because he did not create him to begin with. Humans and animals, etc exist through the process of evolution, and by that nature must also cease to exist after time. Man and other animals and insects, etc are by nature born to die. No god create or sentence man. However, god knew that when man dies, his spirit will continue to exist either in heaven or hell. Such processes being difficult for humans to comprehend, god devise a plan to keep as many off the hell path as possible, knowing at the same time that his own power and ability also has limitation. This he knows from personal experiences throughout the eaons and eaons, of seeing angels fall from grace and die too. This plan he has for us is revealed in the abrahamic faiths (scattered slimly in most in pages of holy books). To make it believable and acceptable, he must say that he is the Creator God, adapting as he goes along, to ring in those believers to be saved. Non-believers who know better and follow their own faiths could also not go astray and walk right into hell regions.

Ok, this is my bedtime story book for you.