• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idolizing Jesus and Judaism

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
is idolizing jesus; which is a part of fundamental christianity, an issue for those practicing judaism?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I'm looking at barriers of syncreticism. Christians use the old testament to justify some of their beliefs.

Ok, just makes more sense to me to see them as completely separate religions.

IMO, Christianity created a narrative about the Torah they use in their religion. They don't actually use the Torah, only the narrative.
Jews don't have anything that connects them to the Christian narrative and Christians don't have anything to do with the Torah beyond a few passages that were used in their narrative.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Ok, just makes more sense to me to see them as completely separate religions.

IMO, Christianity created a narrative about the Torah they use in their religion. They don't actually use the Torah, only the narrative.
Jews don't have anything that connects them to the Christian narrative and Christians don't have anything to do with the Torah beyond a few passages that were used in their narrative.
I was hoping someone Jewish would speak on the idea of worshipping a human as greater than another. I've seen a few hint at it in regards to the subject on the Messiah.