• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idiot Public School Superintendent Upset Because He Can't Display The 10 Cs

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You are AMAZING! :)

Wrong about the 10 Commandments but still.... AMAZING! :D
Too bad you forgot what the 11th Commandment says, namely "Thou shalt never ever disagree with metis".

But before you go, thanks for the above, so I'll try and pray you out of purgatory. Have some patience as it may take several years.:praying:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Too bad you forgot what the 11th Commandment says, namely "Thou shalt never ever disagree with metis".

But before you go, thanks for the above, so I'll try and pray you out of purgatory. Have some patience as it may take several years.:praying:
you NEVER cease to bring a BIG smile on my face... "A merry heart doth good like a medicine".

Love ya, man!!

:) I can love without violating my vows with my wife! :D and be cool with Jesus! :D

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
you NEVER cease to bring a BIG smile on my face... "A merry heart doth good like a medicine".

Live ya man!!

:) I can love without violating my vows with my wife! :D and be cool with Jesus! :D
Love ya too-- it's always a pleasure! :heart:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Actually, you are reading the Constitution wrong. It is the byproduct of today's rewriting of history of which, apparently, you are one of the casualties.
Me and SCOTUS.
You know, SCOTUS? Supreme Court Of the United States? The Court who ruled that feticide is a Constitutional Right?
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It wasn't dividing until extremists and history rewrites, infiltrates the societal strata. That's why it wasn't an issue for hundreds of years.
Neither was "White People are superior to blacks".
This was taken for granted and supported by SCOTUS for centuries.
And even after SCOTUS started ruling against it, people like @Enoch07 thought that local communities should have the right to ignore the law.
Because Christian.
Tom

Kenny

Premium Member
Me and SCOTUS.
You know, SCOTUS? Supreme Court Of the United States? The Court who ruled that feticide is a Constitutional Right?
Tom

Yes... the one that once supported slavery and corrected itself ? The one that made a decision on false information about feticide? The one that is now will deal with personhood again?

Eliminate political activist Ginsberg and you have a totally different outcome.

Kenny

Premium Member
And even after SCOTUS started ruling against it, people like @Enoch07 thought that local communities should have the right to ignore the law.
Because Christian.
Tom

Hmmmm.... and just who outlawed slavery? Atheists? or people of faith who said "All men are created equal"?

Your position is old and your example is over used, irrelevant and useless.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes... the one that once supported slavery?
No.
Back when SCOTUS was dominated by Christians.
Things have changed since then, mostly for the better.
Not entirely. But mostly.
Christians are losing their grip on power.

They can't lynch people or abuse children or oppress women the way that they're accustomed to doing.

Sorry that your privilege is getting lost in the underbrush. Eff you and your people.
Tom

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Because Christian.
Tom

So you do think everyone in Colorado and California should be locked up then.

Kenny

Premium Member
No.
Back when SCOTUS was dominated by Christians.
Things have changed since then, mostly for the better.
Not entirely. But mostly.
Christians are losing their grip on power.

They can't lynch people or abuse children or oppress women the way that they're accustomed to doing.

Sorry that your privilege is getting lost in the underbrush. Eff you and your people.
Tom

LOL... it really is perfectly ok because my peace doesn't come from SCOTUS. I've read the end of the story and everything will turn out just fine. :D

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
It was put up in 1926. Not a whole lot of atheist running around back then so your theory of it being promotional falls flat.

Regardless it's up to the local community to decide these things, not you.
So your argument is that promotion of Christianity is only done in response to atheists? What was the percentage of the population and the absolute numbers that were atheist in 1926?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So you do think everyone in Colorado and California should be locked up then.
No.
I'm much more conservative than Trump supporters.
I think that the government should stop supporting the black market in recreational drugs.
Then put all those zillions of dollars into treatment.
Unlike Trump and his progressive supporters who want to spend a fortune paying for the government to squelch personal freedom and fund big government programs like The War on Drugs.
Tom

Shad

Veteran Member
Actually, you are reading the Constitution wrong. It is the byproduct of today's rewriting of history of which, apparently, you are one of the casualties.

People conflate establishment of with any display regardless of purpose.

Enoch07

Premium Member
So your argument is that promotion of Christianity is only done in response to atheists? What was the percentage of the population and the absolute numbers that were atheist in 1926?

Exactly the opposite. The other person was claiming it was a promotion of Christianity. I was explaining that it was not a promotion because there was not as many atheist in 1926.

Enoch07

Premium Member

I think most in the far left are so confused by their own policies that they don't even know what the want or stand for anymore. So much hypocrisy and dishonesty, they can't tell where the lies begin or end anymore.

That's expected when principles are non existant. So we have these paradoxes of it's ok to legalize drugs locally, but someone puts up a 10 commandment plaques all the sudden they are die hard constitutionalist. :rolleyes:

Honestly I see now why they want drugs legalized. It's the only way they can look themselves in the mirror every morning without having to accept the monsters they've become.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Exactly the opposite. The other person was claiming it was a promotion of Christianity. I was explaining that it was not a promotion because there was not as many atheist in 1926.
How is that the opposite of what I asked?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
In 1926 who would you promote Christianity to?

I can't think of anyone considering it's a plaque in a middle school auditorium, not a billboard on the side of the road....
Who would you promote Christianity to in any given year over the last 2,000? Yet it has been an ongoing effort. Also promoting does not just mean preaching or using it as a means of conversion.

Promotional material is not isolated to billboards and many things smaller than plaques have been used as promotional material. Even business cards qualify.

In any event, whether funded with public money or private, promoting it in a public school as a plaque, a flyer, a pamphlet, a billboard or any other means is against the law.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think most in the far left are so confused by their own policies that they don't even know what the want or stand for anymore. So much hypocrisy and dishonesty, they can't tell where the lies begin or end anymore.

That's expected when principles are non existant. So we have these paradoxes of it's ok to legalize drugs locally, but someone puts up a 10 commandment plaques all the sudden they are die hard constitutionalist. :rolleyes:

Honestly I see now why they want drugs legalized. It's the only way they can look themselves in the mirror every morning without having to accept the monsters they've become.
I can't help but notice how much my post you clipped off and ignored.
Tom