• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Identical symbolism in Non-Abrahami and Abrahamic Scriptures

InvestigateTruth

This is a continuation of other threads about evidence of Oneness of Source of Inspiration in great World Religions.
In addition to teaching identical morality, There are very specific and Rare Symbolic Expressions, which is found only in the Scriptures of Great Religions.
Here, as the first example, a list of Quotes, containing the Symbolic Quickening of the dead:

"And on another occasion the Blessed One dwelt at Savatthi in the Jetavana, the garden of Anathapindika. At that time the Blessed One edified, aroused, quickened and gladdened the monks with a religious discourse on the subject of Nirvana." Buddhism Sacred Writing

"I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word" Jewish Bible

"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ" Christian Bible

"Similarly, the records of all the scriptures bear witness to this lofty truth and this most exalted
word. Moreover, this verse of the Qur’án, revealed concerning Ḥamzih, the “Prince of Martyrs,” and Abú-Jahl, is a luminous evidence and sure testimony of the truth of Our saying: “Shall the dead, whom We have quickened, and for whom We have ordained a light whereby he may walk among men, be like him, whose likeness is in the darkness, whence he will not come forth?” This verse descended from the heaven of the Primal Will at a time when Ḥamzih had already been invested with the sacred mantle of faith, and Abú-Jahl had waxed relentless in his opposition and unbelief.
From the Wellspring of omnipotence and the Source of eternal holiness, there came the judgment that conferred everlasting life upon Ḥamzih, and condemned Abú-Jahl to eternal damnation. This was the signal that caused the fires of unbelief to glow with the hottest flame in the heart of the infidels, and provoked them openly to repudiate His truth. They loudly clamored: “When did Ḥamzih die? When was he risen? At what hour was such a life conferred upon him?” As they understood not the significance of these noble sayings, nor sought enlightenment from the recognized expounders of the Faith, that these might confer a sprinkling of the Kawthar of divine knowledge upon them, therefore such fires of mischief were kindled amongst men." Bahaullah.

"This servant appealeth to every diligent and enterprising soul to exert his utmost endeavour and arise to rehabilitate the conditions in all regions and to quicken the dead with the living waters of wisdom and utterance, by virtue of the love he cherisheth for God, the One, the Peerless, the Almighty, the Beneficent." Bahaullah

In all Scriptures, we find the symbolic quickening of the dead, which has a spiritual significance.
If you think, they were not inspired from the same source, and by One Author, how can all have an exact symbolism? Sure, you can find identical symbolism in regular books or stories, but, can you find symbolical resurrection of the dead anywhere else other than Holy scriptures?

sealchan

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

...also countless individual dreams.

The human psyche may find it useful to describe its own inner state in terms of the resurrection of the dead in many ways. This has inspired much literature involving various "undead" beings and other moments of resurrection in science fiction.

InvestigateTruth

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

...also countless individual dreams.

The human psyche may find it useful to describe its own inner state in terms of the resurrection of the dead in many ways. This has inspired much literature involving various "undead" beings and other moments of resurrection in science fiction.
Please quote!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope people realise that 'quick' is another word for 'alive' and is very common in translations with a poetic bent. Nothing special.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Look, if you want to believe that pulling random words out of different scriptures makes the of the same source, good on you. You have the right to believe what you will and I won’t judge.

But continuing to create “debate” threads trying to convince others of this amounts to little more than proselytizing under the guise of debate. Please stop.

InvestigateTruth

I hope people realise that 'quick' is another word for 'alive' and is very common in translations with a poetic bent. Nothing special.
Of course 'quicken', is poetic. It is an English word. But it is not used anywhere else in this specific way, you find in Scriptures:
Scriptures, uses the word 'dead', referring to 'unaware and misguided people'. Then, it says, 'by the teachings of Scriptures', the Dead becomes alive (resurrected). By the term alive, it also means, 'guided, and awakened spiritually'.

Otherwise, sure, we can find words 'dead', 'alive', and 'quickening' in the news papers also.

sealchan

Please quote!

Hmmm....I find these quotes from the book at large a very interesting series of observations of humanity...

Frankenstein Quotes by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

But if you want to understand just that in this story a person rose from the dead...

Chapter 5
Viktor Frankenstein: "...the approach of the demonaical corpse to which I had so miserably given life"

I think for dreams you can do your own research.

The Source, as you speak of it, I see as the human psyche which is, in turn, a product of nature which is, in turn, what could be seen as God's creation, which, in turn, could be seen as a creation of the imagination of human culture, which is, in turn, a product of the human psyche...

InvestigateTruth

Hmmm....I find these quotes from the book at large a very interesting series of observations of humanity...

Frankenstein Quotes by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

But if you want to understand just that in this story a person rose from the dead...

Chapter 5
Viktor Frankenstein: "...the approach of the demonaical corpse to which I had so miserably given life"

I think for dreams you can do your own research.

The Source, as you speak of it, I see as the human psyche which is, in turn, a product of nature which is, in turn, what could be seen as God's creation, which, in turn, could be seen as a creation of the imagination of human culture, which is, in turn, a product of the human psyche...
Did the author by the term 'dead' mean to say, the person was 'misguided'? Did the author by the term 'resurrect' mean, to 'become guided, and righteous'?
Because that is what those terms mean, in the scriptures. Otherwise zombie movies also have dead people, coming back to life! Do you want to say, those movies are meant to be taken symbolic to mean 'the spiritually dead, was resurrected'?!

ManSinha

In all Scriptures, we find the symbolic quickening of the dead, which has a spiritual significance.
If you think, they were not inspired from the same source, and by One Author, how can all have an exact symbolism? Sure, you can find identical symbolism in regular books or stories, but, can you find symbolical resurrection of the dead anywhere else other than Holy scriptures?

yeah so what? What are you trying to get at?

The various scriptures also have identical directions / recommendations about leading a good life, being kind to your fellow lesser fortunate beings, giving to charity and worshipping

So what?

Jedster

What should be the correct translation?
Some use 'resurrect', and some 'quicken'. Both means, bringing a dead, back to life. This is the word in the scriptures. The literal word should be 'resurrect'.
`
FYI
I looked up the Hebrew(ie Jewish) version and it says:
"I have been exceedingly humbled; O Lord, sustain me according to Your word."
נַֽעֲנֵ֥יתִי עַד־מְאֹ֑ד יְ֜הֹוָ֗ה חַיֵּ֥נִי כִדְבָרֶֽךָ

dingdao

The eternal Tao cannot be told - Tao Te Ching
2. "Osiris was not only ruler of the dead but also the power that granted all life from the underworld." Osiris | Description, Myth, Symbols, & Facts
Both references are from Britannica.
I could go on, but the theory is that someone had to actually experience an NDE with an appalled observer who would swear he was dead in order for this otherwise bizarre concept to catch on.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I agree with the basic idea behind the OP, but I don't find focusing on words, especially focusing on literal meaning, to try to prove that to be a productive approach.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
This is a continuation of other threads about evidence of Oneness of Source of Inspiration in great World Religions.
In addition to teaching identical morality, There are very specific and Rare Symbolic Expressions, which is found only in the Scriptures of Great Religions.
Here, as the first example, a list of Quotes, containing the Symbolic Quickening of the dead:

"And on another occasion the Blessed One dwelt at Savatthi in the Jetavana, the garden of Anathapindika. At that time the Blessed One edified, aroused, quickened and gladdened the monks with a religious discourse on the subject of Nirvana." Buddhism Sacred Writing

"I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word" Jewish Bible

"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ" Christian Bible

"Similarly, the records of all the scriptures bear witness to this lofty truth and this most exalted
word. Moreover, this verse of the Qur’án, revealed concerning Ḥamzih, the “Prince of Martyrs,” and Abú-Jahl, is a luminous evidence and sure testimony of the truth of Our saying: “Shall the dead, whom We have quickened, and for whom We have ordained a light whereby he may walk among men, be like him, whose likeness is in the darkness, whence he will not come forth?” This verse descended from the heaven of the Primal Will at a time when Ḥamzih had already been invested with the sacred mantle of faith, and Abú-Jahl had waxed relentless in his opposition and unbelief.
From the Wellspring of omnipotence and the Source of eternal holiness, there came the judgment that conferred everlasting life upon Ḥamzih, and condemned Abú-Jahl to eternal damnation. This was the signal that caused the fires of unbelief to glow with the hottest flame in the heart of the infidels, and provoked them openly to repudiate His truth. They loudly clamored: “When did Ḥamzih die? When was he risen? At what hour was such a life conferred upon him?” As they understood not the significance of these noble sayings, nor sought enlightenment from the recognized expounders of the Faith, that these might confer a sprinkling of the Kawthar of divine knowledge upon them, therefore such fires of mischief were kindled amongst men." Bahaullah.

"This servant appealeth to every diligent and enterprising soul to exert his utmost endeavour and arise to rehabilitate the conditions in all regions and to quicken the dead with the living waters of wisdom and utterance, by virtue of the love he cherisheth for God, the One, the Peerless, the Almighty, the Beneficent." Bahaullah

When you start to provide links and citations with your "declarations", I will take the time to look into them. Otherwise, they mean little .

Audie

Veteran Member

Look! Identical to a Stegosaurus!!

sealchan

Did the author by the term 'dead' mean to say, the person was 'misguided'? Did the author by the term 'resurrect' mean, to 'become guided, and righteous'?
Because that is what those terms mean, in the scriptures. Otherwise zombie movies also have dead people, coming back to life! Do you want to say, those movies are meant to be taken symbolic to mean 'the spiritually dead, was resurrected'?!

It seems that I have missed to aim of your OP...my apologies!