• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idealistic Systems

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I didn't know where to really put this; so moderators if it needs to go elsewhere please feel free to move it.

So there are some innovators and creators who come up with great ideas to benefit mankind as a whole with social, mental=spiritual programs, systems.

These are the service to all types.

However there is the other types who will infiltrate these systems to gain personal power, stroke their ego, and /or for monetary gain. They are the service to self types.

So it really what someone wears as a system of belief or social group, or is it behavior based on how one loves self and/or others as self?

Last edited:

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
If you look towards a religion and ask yourself how they can help you, you are probably doing it for the wrong reasons.

On the other hand, if you look towards a religion and ask yourself how you can help them, then you are doing it for the right reasons.

Help doesn't mean edifying people either. The kind of help I'm talking about is volunteering, involving yourself in church activities and groups and reflecting the message of that religion and how it relates to you towards others. If you just edify but your edifying is against what that group believes it's probably best to find a group that agrees with your concepts and ideas instead.

PureX

Veteran Member
I didn't know where to really put this; so moderators if it needs to go elsewhere please feel free to move it.

So there are some innovators and creators who come up with great ideas to benefit mankind as a whole with social, mental=spiritual programs, systems.

These are the service to all types. However there is the other types who will infiltrate these systems to gain personal power, stroke their ego, and /or for monetary gain. They are the service to self types.

So it really what someone wears as a system of belief or social group, or is it behavior based on how one loves self or others as self?
Unfortunately, it's not an either/or answer, it's a learning process. People have to learn to recognize themselves in others, and recognize others in themselves, so as to sincerely care about their well-being, and understand how and why to act accordingly. Very few of us are so sociopathic that we don't do this at all. And very few of us have developed to the point where we can do this as a matter of course. We are all somewhere on the empathic spectrum, moving either toward empathy and unity, or away from it.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Unfortunately, it's not an either/or answer, it's a learning process. People have to learn to recognize themselves in others, and recognize others in themselves, so as to sincerely care about their well-being, and understand how and why to act accordingly. Very few of us are so sociopathic that we don't do this at all. And very few of us have developed to the point where we can do this as a matter of course. We are all somewhere on the empathic spectrum, moving either toward empathy and unity, or away from it.
So it is again an action or behavior that isn't so much about this religion or system vs another?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If you look towards a religion and ask yourself how they can help you, you are probably doing it for the wrong reasons.

On the other hand, if you look towards a religion and ask yourself how you can help them, then you are doing it for the right reasons.

Help doesn't mean edifying people either. The kind of help I'm talking about is volunteering, involving yourself in church activities and groups and reflecting the message of that religion and how it relates to you towards others. If you just edify but your edifying is against what that group believes it's probably best to find a group that agrees with your concepts and ideas instead.
I don't think being altruistic is exclusively related to a religion. Case in point, I spent the weekend volunteering for a non-profit, low cost spay/neuter clinic. I also, don't think it has to be exclusively in relationship to other humans.

PureX

Veteran Member
So it is again an action or behavior that isn't so much about this religion or system vs another?
Most religions exist to help people along in this empathic pursuit. But as with any kind of tool, they can be abused by those who wish to abuse them. A hammer is designed to pound nails into wood, but it can be used as a deadly weapon should one decide to do so. This is not the fault of the hammer, but rather of the abuser.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Most religions exist to help people along in this empathic pursuit. But as with any kind of tool, they can be abused by those who wish to abuse them. A hammer is designed to pound nails into wood, but it can be used as a deadly weapon should one decide to do so. This is not the fault of the hammer, but rather of the abuser.
I love the idea of your empathic spectrum.