• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ideal Temperature

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
When I had the Covid I must have had a high fever as well. Cranked the indoor temperature to 75 and was wearing my winter coat inside. I was still cold.

My oldest son hates me when he gets fevers... I make him dress lightly and only give him a sheet.

He used to spike really high fevers and would have to go to the ER... we did anything we could to keep him cool. My middle doesn't seem to do this on the rare occasion he gets a fever, so we're not as cautious. The youngest is a toss up. He's only had a fever once. It did spike high and require a doctor visit(so he got the cool treatment), but he's never been sick again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My oldest son hates me when he gets fevers... I make him dress lightly and only give him a sheet.

He used to spike really high fevers and would have to go to the ER... we did anything we could to keep him cool. My middle doesn't seem to do this on the rare occasion he gets a fever, so we're not as cautious. The youngest is a toss up. He's only had a fever once. It did spike high and require a doctor visit(so he got the cool treatment), but he's never been sick again.
I wonder when one should use the "cool treatment". It is part of the bodies defense to raise its temperature so I tend to help it along. Hmm, Google search time.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I like it hot, but not humid. I very much look forward to the 2-3 days of 90° F temperatures we get maybe once a year. I dislike air conditioning. I'd much rather run a dehumidifier. People go way overboard with air conditioning around here, so I have to wear my long underwear during the summer.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder when one should use the "cool treatment". It is part of the bodies defense to raise its temperature so I tend to help it along. Hmm, Google search time.

I 'unno. Doctor said it was fine and a decent plan when we were in. Too high a fever can be dangerous.

By high fevers, I mean 104-105. My oldest got these often as an infant/toddler(thankfully he seldom gets sick anymore).

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
As I was driving down the freeway to work, I happened to notice a HVAC company’s van. The company name on the van was “72 Degrees.” I glanced down at my climate control in my car, which was set at 72 degrees. “Clever name,” I thought. There must be some sort of axiom that 72F is the ideal temperature. I suppose it is for me (except when I’m naked, I like it a few degrees warmer, which is why my computer room is set at 76).

Is 72F your ideal temperature? If not, what is yours?

*Please post your ideal temperature in Fahrenheit, because I’m too lazy to convert, and we’re not savages here.

My ideal temperature is around 70-75. My wife on the other hand is from >55-65.