• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idea or Reality

Cateau

Giovanni Pico & Della Barba Devotee
So which came first?
a thing, or it's idea?

I find this question to be another way to ask what happened, the big bang or creationism?....a thing that would have to come from an idea, or thought.

Cateau

Giovanni Pico & Della Barba Devotee
like a light bulb being switched on? or a candle being lit from friction of two objects being rubbed together intensely

The Big Bang Theory is the leading explanation about how the universe began. At its simplest, it talks about the universe as we know it starting with a small singularity, then inflating over the next 13.8 billion years to the cosmos that we know today.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

I think the bridge between creationism and the big bang (or chill) is shown by just laying down the facts and the verses side by side, as you've shown it, and as the Evidence Bible would have in it. Although I forgot to add that one to my collection, what I read about it lays out the connection of science and the Bible perfectly [Link:] The Evidence Bible

Last edited:
Any crow knows, even before it exits its egg, that something exists beyond itself.
From Mystery is born everything. To Mystery do all things return.
In between these events, there are ideas.
To a crow, ideas are things to play with. Toys and games.
It plays as much as it can, in the time allotted to it, then flaps off into the Mystery.
Mystery is whence it came, Mystery is where it goes, Mystery outlives a crow.
Crows know these simple things. They don't know why humans don't.