• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iceland to build first temple to Norse gods since Viking age

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I saw this today and thought it was pretty cool. I love the idea of legit, pagan temples being in the mainstream like churches, masjids and synagogs are. Maybe this will have a domino effect.

Iceland to build first temple to Norse gods since Viking age | World news | The Guardian
A modern version of Norse paganism has been gaining popularity in recent years as followers see the stories as metaphors for life not worship of the gods

Icelanders will soon be able to publicly worship at a shrine to Thor, Odin and Frigg with construction starting this month on the island’s first major temple to the Norse gods since the Viking age.

Worship of the gods in Scandinavia gave way to Christianity around 1,000 years ago but a modern version of Norse paganism has been gaining popularity in Iceland.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I saw this today and thought it was pretty cool. I love the idea of legit, pagan temples being in the mainstream like churches, masjids and synagogs are. Maybe this will have a domino effect.

Iceland to build first temple to Norse gods since Viking age | World news | The Guardian
This is wonderful news, and I believe another thread on this was created a day or two ago. An extremely prideful event, I must say. And I hope there is a domino effect, and that it spreads to countries like Norway and Sweden. I am very glad that the "Northmen" are finally waking up to the glories of their heritage, and hopefully more and more wake up to join in on such joyous occurrences. May the gods and goddesses of your ancestors always be with you, my pagan comrades.

Sincerely,
A Hindu Polytheist Comrade