• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ICE Feeds Muslim Detainees Pork

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I have received a communication from the Center for Freethought Equality (to which I belong) -- I haven't yet checked its veracity, but I believe it is probably accurate.

"An ICE detention facility in Miami is offering Muslim detainees a choice: eat spoiled food or eat fresh pork.

This disgusting violation of the free exercise clause is part of a larger pattern of behavior: the American Constitution Society reports that Muslim, Catholic, and Hindu internees have also been denied the right to worship -- and have had requests for beads, prayer rugs, and religious texts flatly refused.

Reportedly, when one Somali immigrant asked why their First Amendment rights were being denied, an official responded: “Boy, you’re in Glades County.” The immigrant’s response: “But isn’t Glades County in America?”

Congressional Freethought Caucus co-chair Jared Huffman has joined 28 other lawmakers in penning a letter to the Department of Homeland Security, demanding an investigation into this unconstitutional abuse."

I believe this to be a serious issue, and totally unconcionable, even though I am an atheist. And my understanding is that most atheists think like I do about this.

Your thoughts?

A Vestigial Mote

I find this completely unconscionable as well, because it shows a willful attempt to coerce people into compromising the principles they have adopted for themselves. I don't care whether or not their spirituality is reality-based, the state of their mind IS reality-based, and forcing them to compromise themselves could lead to psychological issues, and in turn, physical effects on their health and well-being.

I've more recently been seeing reports across various news outlets that ICE has imposed hysterectomies on some detainees as well - or, at least, that the rates at which these procedures are occurring amidst other overall medical neglect is suspiciously high. A whistle-blower, former ICE worker is coming forward with this, though I admit that I do not know the veracity with which it has been verified.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I have received a communication from the Center for Freethought Equality (to which I belong) -- I haven't yet checked its veracity, but I believe it is probably accurate.

"An ICE detention facility in Miami is offering Muslim detainees a choice: eat spoiled food or eat fresh pork.

This disgusting violation of the free exercise clause is part of a larger pattern of behavior: the American Constitution Society reports that Muslim, Catholic, and Hindu internees have also been denied the right to worship -- and have had requests for beads, prayer rugs, and religious texts flatly refused.
I was in a Baptist Church, and they had a project in Indonesia where they gave the Muslims a pig. This was their success evangelizing story

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Reportedly, when one Somali immigrant asked why their First Amendment rights were being denied, an official responded: “Boy, you’re in Glades County.” The immigrant’s response: “But isn’t Glades County in America?”

Congressional Freethought Caucus co-chair Jared Huffman has joined 28 other lawmakers in penning a letter to the Department of Homeland Security, demanding an investigation into this unconstitutional abuse."

I believe this to be a serious issue, and totally unconcionable, even though I am an atheist. And my understanding is that most atheists think like I do about this.

Your thoughts?

Nurse questions medical care at immigration jail in Georgia

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've more recently been seeing reports across various news outlets that ICE has imposed hysterectomies on some detainees as well - or, at least, that the rates at which these procedures are occurring amidst other overall medical neglect is suspiciously high. A whistle-blower, former ICE worker is coming forward with this, though I admit that I do not know the veracity with which it has been verified.

Whistleblower complaint alleges mass hysterectomies at ICE detention center

exchemist

Veteran Member
I find this completely unconscionable as well, because it shows a willful attempt to coerce people into compromising the principles they have adopted for themselves. I don't care whether or not their spirituality is reality-based, the state of their mind IS reality-based, and forcing them to compromise themselves could lead to psychological issues, and in turn, physical effects on their health and well-being.

Yes there is a thread on that here: Whistleblower complaint alleges mass hysterectomies at ICE detention center

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Your thoughts?
Fake news.

stvdv

Fake news.

I have actual first hand experience of people who resorted to this kind of action

SO, I would not be surprised if this story truly happened
BUT, knowing journalists nowadays, this time it could be "Fake News"

AND that would put the journalist in the spot of being at least as bad as what he tries to brainwash us with

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have actual first hand experience of people who resorted to this kind of action

SO, I would not be surprised if this story truly happened
BUT, knowing journalists nowadays, this time it could be "Fake News"

AND that would put the journalist in the spot of being at least as bad as what he tries to brainwash us with
These are just allegations as it stands right now.

Journalistic Integrity would highlight and reinforce that point. Instead, they choose to go the tabloid route by minuplating and subverting the story into what is essentially guilty until proven innocent. The more sensational and emotion triggering, the more lucrative profit and ratings.

The left never learns. Like the smirking MAGA kid tomfoolery.

Last edited:

stvdv

The more sensational and emotion triggering, the more lucrative profit and ratings.
IF nobody reads any sensational news anymore, but only solid trustworthy news, the journalists would quickly start producing truth:D

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus

Your thoughts?
According to Islamic Law (Sharia), a Muslim is allowed to eat ANYTHING in necessity, including 'pork'. It is 'excused' at that time.

PS. you will notice, that after all of the truth was deleted, it was never before that point actually refuted.

Last edited:

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Meanwhile I'm sure you'd whine if they refused to give you a Bible or allow you to pray, making your religion a hypocritical religion for fools. Oh, I see you're a Seventh Day Adventist. You're not allowed to eat meat, but I presume that you'd be fine with being forced to eat meat, right?

The point is that they should've been served the correct food in the first place. Would they make a Jew eat pork? You think Jews should be forced to eat pork?
(edited, want to know why, ask sometime.)

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You 'presumed' incorrectly. I "will not" eat such, knowing God's word. It will be the situation as Jesus in the wilderness, or Moses upon the Mountain, or Elijah in the Wilderness, or Israel in the Wilderness. God will provide something better, and if not, God be glorified, and then I shall receive a better resurrection.

Indeed, I am most certainly, by the grace of God, a Seventh-day Adventist.

The military knows what Islam teaches and do what they do on purpose.

They might attempt to make a Jew to eat 'pork', but most that are called 'Jews' today are nothing of the sort, but are rather Askenazic or Sephardic and follow not scripture, but Talmudic Rabbinism or Kabbalism.
Okay, so you're just a bigot talking big about what you think you'd do in a situation you've never been in. That's nice.