• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ICC T20 World Cup

Altfish

Veteran Member
Twenty-twenty, ie 20 overs each. Traditionally, the one-day game was limited to 50 overs, but the shorter version encourages a more dynamic, aggressive approach from the batsmen.
Or ... it is for instant gratification for fans incapable of watching anything longer. TV likes it for the same reason.

RestlessSoul

Or ... it is for instant gratification for fans incapable of watching anything longer. TV likes it for the same reason.

Well the IPL is one of the world’s best supported domestic sporting competitions, so someone seems to like the format. I don’t see the problem tbh, anything that gets people watching and playing cricket has to be good for all versions of the game.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Simplified rules of cricket for those unfamiliar with the game....

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man OR woman that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he/she is out he/she comes in and the next man/woman goes in until he/she’s out.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men/women still in and not out.

When a man/woman goes out to go in, the men/women who are out try to get them out, and when he/she is out he/she goes in and the next batter in goes out and goes in.

There are two men/woman called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men/women who are in are out.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Playing for five days and ending in a draw also does not interest viewers. I wish they had an 80 over/4 day match, each team playing twice, instead of the current test format.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Well the IPL is one of the world’s best supported domestic sporting competitions, so someone seems to like the format. I don’t see the problem tbh, anything that gets people watching and playing cricket has to be good for all versions of the game.
WIPL, Women's IPL, five teams, five foreign players allowed in the playing eleven. The teams, however, can contract more to the extent of their purse allows. It begins in March 2023. Sun rises for Indian women players, i.e., 30 women players playing the game and more in the reserves. It will change Women's cricket in India.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Simplified rules of cricket for those unfamiliar with the game....
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
Each man OR woman that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he/she is out he/she comes in and the next man/woman goes in until he/she’s out.
When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.
Sometimes you get men/women still in and not out.
When a man/woman goes out to go in, the men/women who are out try to get them out, and when he/she is out he/she goes in and the next batter in goes out and goes in.
There are two men/woman called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men/women who are in are out.
John, I thik your introduction to Cricket needs to be improved. The game still remains mysterious. Let us see what Wikipedia says for the game of cricket. :D

"Cricket is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of eleven players on a field at the centre of which is a 22-yard (20-metre) pitch with a wicket at each end, each comprising two bails balanced on three stumps. The batting side scores runs by striking the ball bowled at one of the wickets with the bat and then running between the wickets, while the bowling and fielding side tries to prevent this (by preventing the ball from leaving the field, and getting the ball to either wicket) and dismiss each batter (so they are "out"). Means of dismissal include being bowled, when the ball hits the stumps and dislodges the bails, and by the fielding side either catching the ball after it is hit by the bat, but before it hits the ground, or hitting a wicket with the ball before a batter can cross the crease in front of the wicket. When ten batters have been dismissed, the innings ends and the teams swap roles. The game is adjudicated by two umpires, aided by a third umpire and match referee in international matches. They communicate with two off-field scorers who record the match's statistical information."

Altfish

Veteran Member
Playing for five days and ending in a draw also does not interest viewers. I wish they had an 80 over/4 day match, each team playing twice, instead of the current test format.
A draw can be a good result.
5-day Test Matches are fine, most end in 4-days anyway

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The Windies got thrashed today by Ireland. I think that means to qualify to make the next world cup. How the mighty have fallen.